newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9870

Can ND play their way out of playoffs?

A blowout here. Any chance ND isn’t a part of top4?

If things don’t change assume bama does their thing and it’s bama/Clemson 1/2 - who is 3/4? Osu/ND? A&M? Bearcats? What does this mean guys??

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

well

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    well
    You think loser of this game is out of playoffs??

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

They’re in for the same reason OSU is in. There’s no one else to put in. It’s a Clemson and Bama world and everyone else. ND and OSU are still 3 and 4, just a big level below the top 2.

Only thing that cohkd change story is if Fla wins tonight. If not, then Clemson and Bama will both destroy ND and OSU to get to final.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I say if they lose by 21 or more.... yes they would be knocked out of the top 4.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    They’re in for the same reason OSU is in. There’s no one else to put in. It’s a Clemson and Bama world and everyone else. ND and OSU are still 3 and 4, just a big level below the top 2.

Only thing that cohkd change story is if Fla wins tonight. If not, then Clemson and Bama will both destroy ND and OSU to get to final.
    If florida wins, who is in??

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I say if they lose by 21 or more.... yes they would be knocked out of the top 4.
    TMS - been a while - hope you have been well!! If they get knocked out - who is in? Who gets fourth spot if UF wins? If Bama wins?

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    If florida wins, who is in??
    Fla or A&M. But I don’t see Fla winning. As an ND and Navy fan, I honestly don’t want to see ND in bc they’d get killed vs Bama, but they’re gonna get in. They have the best resume of the remaining teams. They’re just not at the top 2 teams level. No one is.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

You think loser of this game is out of playoffs??
    not sure how it’ll play out but it seems teams that play double the amount of games should have more leg to stand on, should be weighted in somehow

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

ND is out after this loss, AM is in

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    ND is out after this loss, AM is in
    At least put in a team that has a damn CHANCE. ND is always overrated.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

TMS - been a while - hope you have been well!! If they get knocked out - who is in? Who gets fourth spot if UF wins? If Bama wins?
    Good to see you. Wish you the best on your plays.

Terrible timing on ND's first loss.... especially if they lose by 21+ Texas A&M should get it.

Florida has no prayer unless they beat Alabama. And they won't.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Cincy is very good but did not play much of a schedule. If Florida gets the upset I guess they are in.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25256

Notre Dame will still end up #4

It is all about the money. No one would watch Texas A&M

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Oklahoma best team in country right now not in playoffs

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Oklahoma best team in country right now not in playoffs
    That loss to KState destroyed them. That was beyond bad. KSU is terrible. They also hung on for dear life today.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4994

Alabama vs A&M
    Clemson vs Ohio State

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24749

Notre Dame is done.

A&M deserves it anyways. They've been playing at an elite level of late, and they're only loss is to Bama.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    At least put in a team that has a damn CHANCE. ND is always overrated.
    I’d rather see Cinci over ND but much more people would tune in to see ND, so the Cinci of the world are screwed. I do think A&M is the 2nd best team in the SEC followed by UF and UGA. I think TAMs resume is better than OSU and the awful B10 schedule. I’d like to see OSU play TAM or ND as a play in. I think they both would beat OSU.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Notre Dame is done.

A&M deserves it anyways. They've been playing at an elite level of late, and they're only loss is to Bama.
    And NDs only loss is to Clemson. Both teams lost by blowouts. So what’s the next criteria? Schedule? Strength of victory? ND has that over A&M.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Notre Dame is done.

Notre Dame only loss to Clemson.

It’s a tough debate. Clearly ND won’t win NC barring something crazy. That said - is goal to put best 4 in or to pick the teams that had best shot to win it. We know ND can’t win. Could argue they barely beat Clemson w/o Lawrence. Could A&M? Cincy? Oklahoma?? ND may also be better than those teams but that’s why I think it’s whether it’s best 4 teams or teams that haven’t already proven they can’t win. I remember Florida vs OSU years ago. Florida first national champ with Meyer. Florida came in as huge dog and blew doors off.

So you never know but head to head it seems like ND shouldn’t be in. Agree with other poster that said more games should be rewarded. Florida / LSU and Okla/KSU proof that the more you play the more your prob of loss goes up.

If you went on best 6 games each team played (putting everyone on par with OSU) would that change who is in?

navyblue81

Problem for A&M is resume.

Their only quality win is vs Florida, who may be a 3-loss non-top 10 team after tonight. After that, their next best win is who? Auburn? LSU? ND has wins vs Clemson and UNC. The Tar Heels win vs Miami last week may actually have saved them.

Eddy Munny

And NDs only loss is to Clemson. Both teams lost by blowouts. So what’s the next criteria? Schedule? Strength of victory? ND has that over A&M.
    I knew someone would say this... But in my opinion Notre Dame's loss happened late, literally the last game on their schedule before the bowls/playoffs, so it's effectively a play-in game in which they were dominated from the opening kickoff. That's were the argument for Notre Dame hits a wall. They just lost a de facto playoff game on a neutral site and they not only lost, they got their asses handed to them. If the goal of the playoffs is to suss out the best team in the nation, then we can safely eliminate Notre Dame.

Not only that, but A&M's loss was a true road game against a full strength Alabama squad (they even had Waddle healthy at the time) in which they actually fared better than ND did today, going by the eye test. And ND's first win against Clemson was without Lawrence in the lineup as well as a couple key starters on the Clemson defense.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 12-19-20 at 06:28 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Eddy Munny 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

navyblue81

I knew someone would say this... But in my opinion Notre Dame's loss happened late, literally the last game on their schedule before the bowls/playoffs, so it's effectively a play-in game that they got their ass handed to them. That's were the argument for Notre Dame hits a wall. They just lost a de facto playoff game on a neutral site and they not only lost, they got their asses handed to them. If the goal of the playoffs is to suss out the best team in the nation, then we can safely eliminate Notre Dame. Not only that, but A&M's game was a true road game in which they actually fared better than Notre Dame as far as the eye test goes, despite the final score looking lopsided.
    But ND also beat UNC by double digits just two weeks ago. That was a strong win and recent. And A&M hasn’t beaten anyone since Fla back two months ago. Just saying that I think ND has the better arguments here despite their loss.

My honest opinion is it’s Bama, Clemson and then everyone else. Put A&M on the same field with Clemson tonight they and they lose by 20+. Same with OsU. It’s a two-team world. Bama killed A&M
    And would again if they played in two weeks.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Notre Dame will be in at 4

Eddy Munny

But ND also beat UNC by double digits just two weeks ago. That was a strong win and recent. And A&M hasn’t beaten anyone since Fla back two months ago. Just saying that I think ND has the better arguments here despite their loss.

My honest opinion is it’s Bama, Clemson and then everyone else. Put A&M on the same field with Clemson tonight they and they lose by 20+. Same with OsU. It’s a two-team world. Bama killed A&M
    And would again if they played in two weeks.
    It's like March Madness in a sense... Are you coming in hot or sneaking in through the side door? Notre Dame got waxed, game over. They got a fair shake. They needed to win today, or at the very least be competitive, and they were a no-show. Given the system we have to work with, I say Notre Dame is clearly out.

I don't think A&M can hang with the top two teams either, but I feel like they've earned a spot in the top four. They moved the ball on Alabama with success in their game back in September but suffered a couple of killer turnovers. Their problem was that they couldn't stop Alabama's offense, but no amateur football team in the world has shown any ability to stop Alabama's offense. But at least one of A&M's units were competitive in their loss, whereas Notre Dame was completely dominated in all facets. Exit stage left.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nope Oklahoma or cincy in

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Notre Dame will be in at 4

Mac4Lyfe

Problem for A&M is resume.

Their only quality win is vs Florida, who may be a 3-loss non-top 10 team after tonight. After that, their next best win is who? Auburn? LSU? ND has wins vs Clemson and UNC. The Tar Heels win vs Miami last week may actually have saved them.
    The SEC is the best conference in CFB. The ACC is one of the worst. UNC waaaay overrated, so is ND. Clemson almost beat them with a backup. Who in the hell said it was a blowout?

ND just had their playoff. They lost. I think if Baja loses, they should be out too.

Mac4Lyfe

It’s not only that you loss but when you lose. A loss early in the schedule is not as bad as a loss in the last game of the season.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nope Oklahoma or cincy in
    Money talks. Notre Dame will be in.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Probably about the only way they could be out. To get dominated the entire game from the start. There is the factor bama played a/m and destroyed them, would they really bounce them for that rematch

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    It’s not only that you loss but when you lose. A loss early in the schedule is not as bad as a loss in the last game of the season.
    Again I come back to the point it’s Bama, Clemson and everyone else. I will guarantee you that if A&M plays Bama or Clemson today, too, they get rolled by 20+ points. Everyone’s now hopping on the A&M bandwagon because they beat friggin Tennessee. Tennessee! They got one quality win all year that’s not looking all that quality anymore. I just laugh at how people are now sniffing A&Ms jock for beating shitty teams the last two months.

I’m not making excuses for ND. They got the shit kicked out of them today. But they also crushed a top-15 team on the road two weeks ago and have 10 wins. A&M hadn’t beaten shit lately. Oklahoma has a better case then A&M.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

I just happened to look at the a/m schedule, not really overly impressive. The Notre Dame penalty will be 4th place, if it was a closer loss, they may have put Ohio state 4 and had another rematch. I’d actually be shocked if they took them out

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I just happened to look at the a/m schedule, not really overly impressive. The Notre Dame penalty will be 4th place, if it was a closer loss, they may have put Ohio state 4 and had another rematch. I’d actually be shocked if they took them out
    Their strength of victory will save them. They beat Clemson. I know people will say Lawrence didn’t play, but that Clemson team that was fielded was still better than almost every team in the country besides Bama. It was a big win. A&M needs Fla to win to bolster than victory argument. If Fla loses, their resume takes a hit.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Ohio State has the "name"

They could have plahed 1 game and would have been in.

123 Last