navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

If Fla wins, that’s a game changer. Then theyd have the resume. Two wins over T10 teams, one over #1, and an SEC title. It also cancels out the A&M win bc then play the three-way argument bringing Bama into it.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Ohio State has the "name"

They could have plahed 1 game and would have been in.
    They changed the rules to let them play in the big 10 title game lol.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    If Fla wins, that’s a game changer. Then theyd have the resume. Two wins over T10 teams, one over #1, and an SEC title. It also cancels out the A&M win bc then play the three-way argument bringing Bama into it.
    Yes Florida has a legitimate argument to be in if they win this game.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

does notre dame wanna get blown out by bama

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

^^yes Brian kelly wanted to make sure their family sees it 2

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Wonder if Florida didn’t crap the bed last week. This moral victory might have been enough

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Wonder if Florida didn’t crap the bed last week. This moral victory might have been enough
    I absolutely think florida is in if they didn’t lose last week. 1 possession game to arguably the best team in country. Can’t put 3 loss team in but the fact they lost by 6 in the same basic spot ND lost by 24 should mean something. Florida lost by 1 score and had one more turnover than Bama.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I’m a Florida guy but tonight was our playoff. We had our shot. Let someone else get a chance. ND had their chance today as well. Buh bye...

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Notre dame should still be in, Texas am is nothing special, mond barely completed 40 percent of his passes against LSU.

thomorino

Notre dame wasn’t sharp knowing they likely were already in the playoffs, the game turned on the horrible missed 30 yard field goal.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    I absolutely think florida is in if they didn’t lose last week. 1 possession game to arguably the best team in country. Can’t put 3 loss team in but the fact they lost by 6 in the same basic spot ND lost by 24 should mean something. Florida lost by 1 score and had one more turnover than Bama.
    Yeah they past the eye test tonight for sure. Can’t believe they lost 3 games.

thomorino

Florida’s defense was total garbage at the beginning of the year, it got better but it’s still not strong, they should have never held pitts out for the LSU game, it seemed like from what was said he could have played

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Looks like it will be bama Clemson Ohio state notre dame in that exact order. Hard to see anything else. Has anyone got blown out in the conference championship game and made it before? Don’t think so, but nothing really to put in their place. A/M best win 3 points at home against a 3 loss team.

thomorino

Analysts are being too tough on Notre dame, they played like a team that knew they didn’t need to win

Okieirish
    Okieirish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2970

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    ND is out after this loss, AM is in
    I bet $1000 you are wrong. The aTm resume is obviously a lot worse than Notre Dames. I think the odds of us beating Bama are about 1% though.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Some of u guys know ZERO about cfb.

Notre dame beat Clemson (yes trevor didn't play) but it's clemson. They also clobbered unc on the road.

Tex a&m has a marquee win if barely beating FL at home .

ND drops from #2 to #4 but 98% chance they are in the playoff.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1476

I hope ND Is in . Not impressed with the Aggie’s at all

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post

Notre dame beat Clemson (yes trevor didn't play) but it's clemson. They also clobbered unc on the road.

It wasn't just Trevor that didn't play in that game, it was also two starters on the Clemson defensive line and the Skalski kid at LB, who's the heart of the defense. It's clear that their absences were felt more so than Trevor's, as they were in the lineup today and Notre Dame was held to 10 points. Even given that personnel disadvantage it took ND two overtimes in South Bend to eek out the win. They had their playoff game today and got rolled. Nobody wants to see that sorry team get rolled again in the semis.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    It wasn't just Trevor that didn't play in that game, it was also two starters on the Clemson defensive line and the Skalski kid at LB, who's the heart of the defense. It's clear that their absences were felt more so than Trevor's, as they were in the lineup today and Notre Dame was held to 10 points. Even given that personnel disadvantage it took ND two overtimes in South Bend to eek out the win. They had their playoff game today and got rolled. Nobody wants to see that sorry team get rolled again in the semis.
    Agree the Clemson defensive injuries were big in that game it Notre Dame is still better than Texas am and Florida has a weak resume with 3 losses, Florida’s defense sucks too.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Getting rolled by 24 in this spot to Clemson in the state of North Carolina could happen to a lot of good teans.

Clemson had tremendous sense of urgency. Trevor was back. They wanted to avenge the prior and only loss. As you mentioned key D guys back. Playing a few hundred miles from home instead of south bend. For all intents and purposes needed to win today to get into the playoff.

ND is still a damn good team. I predicted as the odds did that Clemson would win by DD. no surprise today.

(Ian) Book this. The irish will be very competitive in the semis no matter who they play.

Eddy Munny

Getting rolled by 24 in this spot to Clemson in the state of North Carolina could happen to a lot of good teans.

Clemson had tremendous sense of urgency. Trevor was back. They wanted to avenge the prior and only loss. As you mentioned key D guys back. Playing a few hundred miles from home instead of south bend. For all intents and purposes needed to win today to get into the playoff.

ND is still a damn good team. I predicted as the odds did that Clemson would win by DD. no surprise today.

(Ian) Book this. The irish will be very competitive in the semis no matter who they play.
    I don't think they'll be all that competitive. They just aren't dynamic enough on offense to go blow for blow on the grand stage. They don't have guys on the outside who really threaten a defense.

They didn't even have to win the ballgame today in most people's eyes, they just had to look like a team that belonged in the playoffs, and given that extremely loose criteria, they were totally outclassed in all phases of the game.

I mean if today's game against Clemson was so meaningless to Notre Dame's playoff positioning, the Irish may as well have rested their starters lest they sustain injuries that would keep them out of the "meaningful" games. The Irish probably should have just trotted out the "B" team, get rolled by 50, and then start preparing for their playoff semi-final game against Alabama, because the ND proponents are basically saying that they had them penciled them into the postseason regardless of the game's outcome. That's a freeroll if I've ever seen one.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 12-20-20 at 01:34 AM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Florida would whoop ND's ass.

Texas A&M would whoop ND's ass.

Notre Dame has zero business being in the Top 4.

ND's first game with Clemson was lucky.... even with a lot of Clemson's players out... they barely won.

ND is the weakest 10-1 tit team I've seen in quite some time.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St, Notre Dame

Unfortunately the Domers are in because that's the way it rolled out.
    There you have it.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16000

People may hate them but I think the Irish get in because they have 1 loss albeit in blowout fashion to the 2nd best team in the country. People will watch them even though they'll most likely get blasted by Bama. I think it'll be Bama, Clemson, Ohio State and Notre Dame because those are the teams with the 4 best resumes.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16000

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Yeah Florida would have had a strong argument they should play in the playoffs if they had beaten LSU. Even though they lost to Bama in the SEC title game they gave them everything they wanted and if they were a 2 loss team instead of a 3 loss team that they are now they could argue that they deserve to be in the playoffs and I'd agree with them because they stood toe to toe with Bama.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

ND is lucky it is a fuked up year due to covid because look at their schedule. The ACC is shit this year. UNC is a fraud and their only other win vs anyone is a win against Clemson without the best player in college football, which it took OT to win. We saw what Trevor means to Clemson today when Clemson handed ND their ass with ease. Kelly is a complete fraud, guy hasn't won anything ever. They should be in but I would be shocked if they have enough to keep it close to anyone from the SEC. If they played Bama it will be over after the first half. They should just have Bama and Clemson play. No matter how they pair the others the NC will be Bama vs Clemson. Lets just cut the shit and have them play now.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave unde0087 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

navyblue81

And that Clemson roster was still light years better than every team in the country but Bama. They’re that deep. It was a huge quality win for ND. You obviously stated your bias against ND in that last sentence. I get it. You hate them and that’s why you don’t want to see them in. But suck it up. Their resume is still better than A&M’s. But they’ll still get rolled by Bama just like A&M did.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    ND is lucky it is a fuked up year due to covid because look at their schedule. The ACC is shit this year. UNC is a fraud and their only other win vs anyone is a win against Clemson without the best player in college football, which it took OT to win. We saw what Trevor means to Clemson today when Clemson handed ND their ass with ease. Kelly is a complete fraud, guy hasn't won anything ever. They should be in but I would be shocked if they have enough to keep it close to anyone from the SEC. If they played Bama it will be over after the first half. They should just have Bama and Clemson play. No matter how they pair the others the NC will be Bama vs Clemson. Lets just cut the shit and have them play now.
    You’re a moron. You don’t want Notre Dame in because you don’t like them or their coach? Jesus Christ. Cry and whine a little more why don’t you. Hope you get coal in your stocking.

unde0087
    Did we win?

You’re a moron. You don’t want Notre Dame in because you don’t like them or their coach? Jesus Christ. Cry and whine a little more why don’t you. Hope you get coal in your stocking.
    Guy, they aren't that good. You just don't want to admit it. Their coach is a total clown and a program like yours deserves someone WAY fukin better. CFB was great when ND was one of the top programs but lets face it, they aren't anywhere close to that. I respect your fanhood, hell I would be saying the same things if I was an ND fan but lets get real here.

ND problem also lies in the fact that the best players in the country are stupid as fuk and couldn't pass half the classes at a real school.

navyblue81

Guy, they aren't that good. You just don't want to admit it. Their coach is a total clown and a program like yours deserves someone WAY fukin better. CFB was great when ND was one of the top programs but lets face it, they aren't anywhere close to that. I respect your fanhood, hell I would be saying the same things if I was an ND fan but lets get real here.

ND problem also lies in the fact that the best players in the country are stupid as fuk and couldn't pass half the classes at a real school.
    A clown? He took over a school that was completely and utterly a laughing stock and turned them into a top-5 program, and he’s a clown? Lol Dude you are so biased and anti-ND it’s a joke. Not saying ND is as good as Bama or Clemson, but to call them a laughing stock and a joke shows you know nothing about college football at all.

Eddy Munny

And that Clemson roster was still light years better than every team in the country but Bama. They’re that deep. It was a huge quality win for ND. You obviously stated your bias against ND in that last sentence. I get it. You hate them and that’s why you don’t want to see them in. But suck it up. Their resume is still better than A&M’s. But they’ll still get rolled by Bama just like A&M did.
    It's not a bias, it's an opinion. If opinion's are biases, then everyone in this thread is expressing a bias. I disagree with the notion that you can remove Trevor Lawrence and three studs on defense in a Covid year and not have that profoundly handicap a team. What I also disagree with is the idea that Notre Dame, knowing full well what stood before them and the ramifications of such, gets a Christmas freeroll and is allowed to lay an egg in a game in which they only needed to show a pulse.

unde0087
    Did we win?

A clown? He took over a school that was completely and utterly a laughing stock and turned them into a top-5 program, and he’s a clown? Lol Dude you are so biased and anti-ND it’s a joke. Not saying ND is as good as Bama or Clemson, but to call them a laughing stock and a joke shows you know nothing about college football at all.
    I knew enough to put 3k on Clemson to destroy ND tonight, did I win? Ya, but I don't know shit about CFB. I guess you ND fans are good with mediocre, my bad. Beat up on shit teams and call it good. Tell me all about Kelly's success in the NC game or any other big game. I must have missed all the success, please tell me all about it.

navyblue81

It's not a bias, it's an opinion. If opinion's are biases, then everyone in this thread is expressing a bias. I disagree with the notion that you can remove Trevor Lawrence and three studs on defense in a Covid year and not have that profoundly handicap a team. What I also disagree with is the idea that Notre Dame, knowing full well what stood before them and the ramifications of such, gets a Christmas freeroll and is allowed to lay an egg in a game in which they only needed to show a pulse.
    It’s Clemson. Their backups are still good enough to get them in the top-5. So yes, that win in November means a hell of a lot. I’ll take that backup qb over Ian Book and most any other qb in the country any day of the week.

Again, I’m not making excuses for ND. They played like shit. They’re not at the elite level of a Bama or healthy Clemson. But neither is A&M or Ohio State, which is my point. You want to punish ND for getting killed by an elite team but not punish the other (A&M) for losing to one or Ohio State for not even playing one. I don’t get this A&M love fest. They beat Tennessee and LSU and now all of a sudden everyone’s hugging their jockstrap?

I have no issue with leaving ND out of playoff, but I just don’t know who you put in over them. A&Ms resume is horseshit. Their only quality win is to a 3-loss team and honestly struggled to beat a bad Auburn team. Georgia? Oklahoma? Coastal Carolina? Give me someone other than A&M.
    Last edited by navyblue81; 12-20-20 at 04:23 AM.

navyblue81

I knew enough to put 3k on Clemson to destroy ND tonight, did I win? Ya, but I don't know shit about CFB. I guess you ND fans are good with mediocre, my bad. Beat up on shit teams and call it good. Tell me all about Kelly's success in the NC game or any other big game. I must have missed all the success, please tell me all about it.
    You don’t know shit if you’re calling Kelly a laughing stock of a coach. Anyone with a brain will tell you that. So his team isn’t as good as Clemson or Alabama. That makes him a shit coach? Jesus Christ you’re an idiot. I guess Jimbo Fisher is a shit coach too since he got waxed by Alabama this year. And Lincoln Riley sucks too since Oklahoma can never beat Clemson or Bama and make it to the big game.
    Dan Mullen? Awful coach. Can’t beat Bama. Same with Kirby Smart. He sucks too.

unde0087
    Did we win?

You don’t know shit if you’re calling Kelly a laughing stock of a coach. Anyone with a brain will tell you that. So his team isn’t as good as Clemson or Alabama. That makes him a shit coach? Jesus Christ you’re an idiot. I guess Jimbo Fisher is a shit coach too since he got waxed by Alabama this year. And Lincoln Riley sucks too since Oklahoma can never beat Clemson or Bama and make it to the big game.
    Dan Mullen? Awful coach. Can’t beat Bama. Same with Kirby Smart. He sucks too.
    No, jimbo got greedy and fuked around on his wife and went from NC to a bitch because of money. That dude actually owned the SEC. Now that guy lives in toiletville. I little bitch that the only playoff contention that fuk has is when he turns his TV on. But ya, again, tell me about Kelly's trophies?

First 123 Last