carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

it hard to be on the best team if you jump from team to team, trying to buy the players.that another reason james will never be number 1......james is like a big old bull in a china shop, no defense today goes well with this old big bull style of play

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He’s in the conversation let’s say that to be fair

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Not only isn't he the best NBA player of all tiime, he isn't even the best player on the Lakers this season.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    He's the GOAT by any measure. Jordan didn't have to switch teams because a great team came to him; they had three of the best ten players during the second three-peat, a la the Warriors of today (whom James beat once). Jordan had the best team in the finals all six times, LeBron had the best team only twice.

First set of three-peat Jordan didn't have much.
    He had Pippen and a bunch of role players.
    Thing is the role players all knew their job well and executed.
    Guys like BJ Armstrong, Paxtron, Cartwright, etc. etc.

The Bulls second three-peat Jordan had Rodman which was a ton of help, Rodman was tough on defense and he was a rebounding machine.

James's teams always had talent, you can't say he had no help.
    He had Kyrie and Love in 2014
    He had Bosh , Ray Allen, and D-Wade in Miami.

James had just as much support as Jordan did.

Thing is Jordan never tensed up in a game seven or a close out game.
    Take a look at James in clutch situations, he bricks free throws, out of bounds erratic passes, shit like that.
    Shit, Ray Allen had to make that miracle three in 2013 because prior to that James bricked a wide open 25 footer.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    Not only isn't he the best NBA player of all tiime, he isn't even the best player on the Lakers this season.
    Both those could be true though. It is debatable who is better but Lebron is more valuable if they lost him than Davis.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    He's the GOAT by any measure. Jordan didn't have to switch teams because a great team came to him; they had three of the best ten players during the second three-peat, a la the Warriors of today (whom James beat once). Jordan had the best team in the finals all six times, LeBron had the best team only twice.
    That's not true at all.

James had the best team in the finals with the Heat all 4 years. They were far superior to every team they played on paper.

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    That's not true at all.

James had the best team in the finals with the Heat all 4 years. They were far superior to every team they played on paper.
    Well they were pretty decent dogs vs Thunder though I was hammering Heat. Thunder had 3 future MVPs and Nick Collison

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

The best players don't quit on their team because a teammate fukked their mom.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

LBJ is measured on a different scale than anyone else. Put his career up against anyone not named Jordan and tell me if there are 3 better careers than his from an individual and team success perspective. He will be top 3 in points, and top 10 in points and rebounds when its all said and done. Will hold nearly all of the postseason scoring and wins records. Just an unbelievable portfolio of basketball success and I don’t remember anyone putting the ball in the basket for him one time. He has always been the target and only once was he outgunned in a finals where he wasn’t the best player. KD’s first year.

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    LBJ is measured on a different scale than anyone else. Put his career up against anyone not named Jordan and tell me if there are 3 better careers than his from an individual and team success perspective. He will be top 3 in points, and top 10 in points and rebounds when its all said and done. Will hold nearly all of the postseason scoring and wins records. Just an unbelievable portfolio of basketball success and I don’t remember anyone putting the ball in the basket for him one time. He has always been the target and only once was he outgunned in a finals where he wasn’t the best player. KD’s first year.
    You think he was better than Tim Duncan in 07?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    I think LBJ was young, and Tim was in his prime and had the far superior team. I dont know if any individual on that Cleveland team would have beat the spurs that year. One of the true finals mismatches, but it goes on LBJ’ record as a finals loss. Detroit should have been there since they had been to 6 straight eastern conference finals and probably would have still lost but fared better than a sweep.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Way better than that version of Duncan. That’s the post injuries Duncan people apparently dont remember Duncan before that, he was freakish and I think could have went down as top 2or 3 greatest ever, check tape of first couple years it’s a totally different player than 07

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

LBJ did win more finals and finals mvps than Tim Duncan after 2007.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Way better than that version of Duncan. That’s the post injuries Duncan people apparently dont remember Duncan before that, he was freakish and I think could have went down as top 2or 3 greatest ever, check tape of first couple years it’s a totally different player than 07
    I don’t think Tim won finals mvp that year. I think Tony Parker Did. But you are correct TIm was a force but was probably on the downside of his athletic peak but still in his prime.

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    That injury was in 2000, maybe he lost some athleticism but he was super dominant afterwards. Duncan, Nash, and Bird were all way less athletic when they won consecutive league MVPS than earlier but that doesn't mean they were not great.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Well they were pretty decent dogs vs Thunder though I was hammering Heat. Thunder had 3 future MVPs and Nick Collison
    The difference is that Thunder team was so young and Westbrook is a superstar in stats but not in wins. Oh, that Miami team had 4 future hall famers if Bosh didn’t have the clots(may still get in)

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    I don’t think Tim won finals mvp that year. I think Tony Parker Did. But you are correct TIm was a force but was probably on the downside of his athletic peak but still in his prime.
    Well in only lasted 4 games and Varejeao is a tough matchup compared to Damon Jones. But Tim was the 2nd best player in the league to Kobe then I think.

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    The difference is that Thunder team was so young and Westbrook is a superstar in stats but not in wins. Oh, that Miami team had 4 future hall famers if Bosh didn’t have the clots(may still get in)
    You have Haslem or Juwan in the Hall? Bosh should still get in.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

That injury was in 2000, maybe he lost some athleticism but he was super dominant afterwards. Duncan, Nash, and Bird were all way less athletic when they won consecutive league MVPS than earlier but that doesn't mean they were not great.
    Yes lost some athleticism quickness and explosiveness after that fundamentals smarts and desire kept him still able to put up numbers he was always unselfish too if he had any bit of a selfish gene the numbers would have been crazy

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

LeBrons best friend is Covid, it makes the season really short so his pussy ass doesn't have to cry about minutes. Covid-19 will basically give him another fraud championship.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He’s got a win it’s not gonna be easy Miami’s got a lot of talent

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

All I see here is a bunch of judging, attacking character as the hater's premise.

First 12