Haha!!

Excitement was good enough till we get 100% go

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    They will have more attendance now at least
    I go to marlins game so use to the social distance and having a whole section to ourselves.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by jose21_us View Post
    I go to marlins game so use to the social distance and having a whole section to ourselves.
    Yes

I’ll join you!

Zlaniner
    DUB NATION 415
    Zlaniner's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13084

Beat la !!!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by Zlaniner View Post
    Beat la !!!
    Go Padres!!!

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Looks like the players are passing. Networks don’t want to extend the season because of the election. They are almost out of time. For the first time, I blame the players. How many more games can you get when everyone agrees pitchers need a month to be ready?

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Well, some brief optimism anyway.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

This is a ploy

There was always going to be a grievance for anything shy of the March 23 money

Owners have 2 choices. 48 games at full money or 0 games.

At 48 games full money each team will lose about $30mm

At 0 games they lose $0

Without tickets and concessions there is no point to playing MLB from a financial POV. The owners are no longer 'baseball families', they are big business w eyes only on profit.

The players are no longer the 'kid next door' or anyone you're likely to ever meet in a bar, they are now incredibly wealthy elitist and out their union card ahead of all else.

The game is no longer front and center, the business and union is.

If you haven't figured out how bad monopoly unions are for business, government and entertainment then you are blind. Police, actors, GSEU, sports, etc all have unions that have 0 competition....it should be illegal as it was pre Kennedy era

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Believe it when I see it.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Greed will prevent the season from starting.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

How many more games can they possibly have to be done by September 27? 4,5? What a bunch of fuckin clowns. There has to be flexibility with this schedule.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

The players are nolonger the 'kid next door' or anyone you're likely to ever meet in a bar, theyare now incredibly wealthy elitist and out their union card ahead of all else.

The game is nolonger front and center, the business and union is.

This is atremendous point.
    This is in no way aback handed compliment to you Fats, but this is probably the best statementyou've made on these boards that I have personally read.

I wasn't even alivewhen the M&M boys (Mantle and Maris) were Sosa and McGwire before they wereSosa and McGwire.

Roger Maris was the"aw shucks" kid next door.
    My dad told me thecommon man loved him.

When I was a kid Iloved the players, they were lunch box guys.
    Guys like ThurmanMunson I loved as a boy.
    Guys like that who playedbaseball for a living, a game I love almost as I love women, a game guys likeClemente and Munson played for the love of it made pretty good money but wasn'tin it for the paychecks who still had to work part time in the winter if theywanted a better life. I hated the 'evil' owners, guys like Charlie Finley,Marge Schott etc. etc.
    I thought they weregreedy and evil, I was a boy I didn't no shit about business, I knew when I wasaround 8 years old I loved to play and watch baseball.

Then the Pittsburghcocaine scandals surfaced when I was in grade/high school.
    Guys like KeithHernandez were named.
    Guys like that whoI loved to watch playing I soured on.
    Baseball playerscan't be doing coke all night I though.
    This is blasphemy Ithought.
    Yeah sure I know inmy dad's era and grand dads era the players were booze hounds, but even thoughbooze and coke are similar, one is legal the other is not.

It was around thenI realized like a kick to the nut sack that the players only gave a shit aboutthemselves, they aren't the kids next door anymore.

I want to writemore about my thoughts but I need to move on to more important things I need todo.

I'll cut short mythoughts just for now by saying as far as the game of baseball is concerned Istill have the same burning passion 40 years later when I was a pee-wee teeball player, that has not changed, what has changed is my opinions of theplayers have changed.
    Today (withexceptions, like Trout for instance an a handful of Latin players) don't playfor the love of the game as much or at all, they play for the first classperks, the paychecks......

The players are nowjust as greedy as the owners, and I never, ever thought I would see the day where I would side with ownershipmore than the players. That day has come.
    Don't get me wrong,a lot of the owners, guys like Mr. Glass for instance who just passed on theformer owner of my beloved Royals are/were greedy. Greed is not a good trait,those who believe in God will tell you greed is not good no matter what youheard about greed from Gordon Gekko.

“Thepoint is, ladies and gentlemen, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good.Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures theessence of the evolutionary spirit.”

I get business, I understand business, I've established that even though I sidenow more with ownership more than players.
    The reason being the owners albeit it filthy rich, still have to maintain theteam, pay the taxes, meet payrolls, and on and on and on.

Yes the filthy rich owners have a dozen or so people in the front officeworking for them to take the load off of the rich owners, but the players don'thire and pay GM's and salary cap experts, and the rest of the front officepeople the owners need to keep the franchisee running. The filthy rich ownershave that responsibility so the once no longer boy next door butgreedy ball players can play the game. Without the game the players now have toresort to being beer truck delivery people to earn a living, or accountants ifthey have a business degree or what ever.

It's a two way street people.

I love that baseball is business, some of the regular posters here know Imake a nice side living off of the business of baseball.
    I have a blog for instance, I write about baseball, I specialize in thestatistical analytics of the game don't want to sound like "I'mgreat and your'e not" guy, because I am not, I apologize if I give thatimpression, but I turn a profit betting baseball.
    Guys who really know me here know this, I don't want to talk about that though.

My point is it's a business, and I love the business of baseball now the sameway I love the game.

More later, I'm starting to ramble.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    How many more games can they possibly have to be done by September 27? 4,5? What a bunch of fuckin clowns. There has to be flexibility with this schedule.
    Between 60-66 starting July 19th-ish, which would be fine.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

LT

dont take any shitt from jjgold this baseball season... guy is jealous of you and your W/L record

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    LT

dont take any shitt from jjgold this baseball season... guy is jealous of you and your W/L record
    LT is a beast, and one of my go to guys here before I wager on a game.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most do not post any records that’s why they all lose

Guys like me fully validated

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

You do keep an accurate spread sheet Coach, I give you props for that.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

This is atremendous point.
    This is in no way aback handed compliment to you Fats, but this is probably the best statementyou've made on these boards that I have personally read.

I wasn't even alivewhen the M&M boys (Mantle and Maris) were Sosa and McGwire before they wereSosa and McGwire.

Roger Maris was the"aw shucks" kid next door.
    My dad told me thecommon man loved him.

When I was a kid Iloved the players, they were lunch box guys.
    Guys like ThurmanMunson I loved as a boy.
    Guys like that who playedbaseball for a living, a game I love almost as I love women, a game guys likeClemente and Munson played for the love of it made pretty good money but wasn'tin it for the paychecks who still had to work part time in the winter if theywanted a better life. I hated the 'evil' owners, guys like Charlie Finley,Marge Schott etc. etc.
    I thought they weregreedy and evil, I was a boy I didn't no shit about business, I knew when I wasaround 8 years old I loved to play and watch baseball.

Then the Pittsburghcocaine scandals surfaced when I was in grade/high school.
    Guys like KeithHernandez were named.
    Guys like that whoI loved to watch playing I soured on.
    Baseball playerscan't be doing coke all night I though.
    This is blasphemy Ithought.
    Yeah sure I know inmy dad's era and grand dads era the players were booze hounds, but even thoughbooze and coke are similar, one is legal the other is not.

It was around thenI realized like a kick to the nut sack that the players only gave a shit aboutthemselves, they aren't the kids next door anymore.

I want to writemore about my thoughts but I need to move on to more important things I need todo.

I'll cut short mythoughts just for now by saying as far as the game of baseball is concerned Istill have the same burning passion 40 years later when I was a pee-wee teeball player, that has not changed, what has changed is my opinions of theplayers have changed.
    Today (withexceptions, like Trout for instance an a handful of Latin players) don't playfor the love of the game as much or at all, they play for the first classperks, the paychecks......

The players are nowjust as greedy as the owners, and I never, ever thought I would see the day where I would side with ownershipmore than the players. That day has come.
    Don't get me wrong,a lot of the owners, guys like Mr. Glass for instance who just passed on theformer owner of my beloved Royals are/were greedy. Greed is not a good trait,those who believe in God will tell you greed is not good no matter what youheard about greed from Gordon Gekko.

“Thepoint is, ladies and gentlemen, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good.Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures theessence of the evolutionary spirit.”

I get business, I understand business, I've established that even though I sidenow more with ownership more than players.
    The reason being the owners albeit it filthy rich, still have to maintain theteam, pay the taxes, meet payrolls, and on and on and on.

Yes the filthy rich owners have a dozen or so people in the front officeworking for them to take the load off of the rich owners, but the players don'thire and pay GM's and salary cap experts, and the rest of the front officepeople the owners need to keep the franchisee running. The filthy rich ownershave that responsibility so the once no longer boy next door butgreedy ball players can play the game. Without the game the players now have toresort to being beer truck delivery people to earn a living, or accountants ifthey have a business degree or what ever.

It's a two way street people.

I love that baseball is business, some of the regular posters here know Imake a nice side living off of the business of baseball.
    I have a blog for instance, I write about baseball, I specialize in thestatistical analytics of the game don't want to sound like "I'mgreat and your'e not" guy, because I am not, I apologize if I give thatimpression, but I turn a profit betting baseball.
    Guys who really know me here know this, I don't want to talk about that though.

My point is it's a business, and I love the business of baseball now the sameway I love the game.

More later, I'm starting to ramble.
    Think about this level of disconnect today for a minute....

So I had been looking at acquiring the Twins fantasy camp in Ft Myers. Every January about 115 wealthy 50 -70 yr old men pay very good money to play in games at Hammond Stadium with Twins from the 60s thru 90s. Guys like Oliva and Carew hang around but they're getting old, but they love the game and recognize the importantance of fans and fan experience.

The greats of the 80s are paid a fair sum, $7500-$12,500 for a weeks worth of helping instruct, play games, host and handshake.

Guys like Blyleven (who is a true gentleman and ambassador of the game), Hrbek (who truly is the dude next door), Viola, Gagne, Larkin, Bush, Aguilera, etc.

These guys get it...they grew up blue collar baseball men in an era where u did what the coach told ya.

Now, as they age and you reach out to the last generation of players.. .guys like Lawton or Koskie or Cuddeyer or Jobes or Guardado or Morneu, etc.... all say not worth their time.

Seriously dudes??? To get $10k to hang in Florida for a week hitting grounders and drinking free beer w Twins season ticket holders and past greats... Not worth it they say lol.

SMH this is the problem....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nothing even close I don’t see anything really promising

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Very streaky gambler is JJ...

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Phillies facility suffers coronavirus outbreak; eight positive tests among players and personnel, per report
    The outbreak comes amid MLB and the Players Association negotiations for a potential 2020 season

Five Philadelphia Phillies players have tested positive for the novel coronavirus in recent days, Jim Salisbury of NBC Sports Philadelphia reports. The outbreak occurred at the Phillies spring training facility in Clearwater, Florida. In addition to the five positive tests for players, three team staff members have also tested positive, Salisbury reports. The identities of those infected is unknown. More from Salisbury:

A significant number of team personnel are awaiting test results so it's possible the outbreak could worsen. None of the eight people who have been infected have been hospitalized and the virus appears to be under control in all of them. ...

"I'm not trying to scare anyone, but this is real and it spreads quickly and easily and people need to know," said one person who knows some of the Phillies personnel who has tested positive.

The Phillies reopened their facility after a deep cleaning, and over the last few weeks, the team allowed more players to begin working out at the facility, Salisbury notes. Despite the Phillies taking strict health and safety precautions and operating in small groups, an outbreak still happened.

The team released the following statement:

The Phillies are committed to the health and welfare of our players, coaches and staff as our highest priority, and as a result of these confirmed tests, all facilities in Clearwater have been closed indefinitely to all players, coaches and staff and will remain closed until medical authorities are confident that the virus is under control and our facilities are disinfected.

In Florida -- where they have begun their reopening process -- the daily total of coronavirus cases are rising with the state's hospitalization count nearly doubling since May 4. Clearwater is in Pinellas County, which had record-high single-day case numbers, with 203 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday.

On Monday, it was reported that several Major League Baseball players and team staff members had tested positive for COVID-19.

The COVID-19 outbreak comes during season negotiations between MLB and the Players Association. The two sides are still at odds over the financial specifics, the number of games and the safety and testing protocol for a possible 2020 season.

Zlaniner
    DUB NATION 415

Beat la, freaking playoff bums !!

Zlaniner
    DUB NATION 415

Quote Originally Posted by jmobile View Post
    put your money on the dodgers with kershaw on the mound

beat la , playoff bums !!

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

A small part of me thinks that these new COVID-19 cases that just all of a sudden popped up in some training camps are just the set up for:

“Sorry everybody, we have to completely cancel the 2020 MLB season for the safety of the players and coaching and equipment staffs. It has nothing to do with the fact that we’ve been fighting over money for 2 months”.

-MLB and the MLBPA

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I am thinking the same.......if that happens- it will be a long time before I spend a dime on anything baseball related BESIDES gambling lol....no shirts, tickets, MLB package will be streamed free ect....cant toss $ in that direction anymore if this is how they both act....I will buy UFC PPV, support fighters who show up by buying shirts ect......but to spend $ on baseball after this......whew....they don't deserve anything from anyone......
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    A small part of me thinks that these new COVID-19 cases that just all of a sudden popped up in some training camps are just the set up for:

“Sorry everybody, we have to completely cancel the 2020 MLB season for the safety of the players and coaching and equipment staffs. It has nothing to do with the fact that we’ve been fighting over money for 2 months”.

-MLB and the MLBPA

cybersharp
    Update your status
    cybersharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1155

Yeah, I'm prepared for the worst too. What the Hell am I saying....it's already a worst-case
    scenario; a 50-60 game season, when they could've played closer to 100?

It's already a f*ckin' joke, and it's on US FANS.

I'm with PaperTrail07 above....I REFUSE to ever see an MLB again in person; I'll bet on them
    but NEVER spend another non-gambling dollar on this stupid sport. They care nothing for their
    fans so they get nothing from me.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post

-MLB and the MLBPA
    Perhaps but covid usually pops up all of the sudden. It's not planned

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    Is she the best you could do?

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Threatens lives...cancel it. 2 teams cancelled training camps...my friend had stroke n hospital 7 weeks covid 19..it no joke nagger. Word up. No more sports till nect year...SURE

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

Damn...............I knew a cancelled season was too good to be true

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Owners just said take it or leave it 60 games

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Greed will prevent the season from starting.
    If I was forced to say, I'd agree and hope to be wrong.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Thing is like a long running soap opera.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I just read all teams in Florida have stopped practicing and the NY Yankees and Mets are moving back to NYC to hold their practices How things change, used to be safe in Florida but now NYC is safer, covid numbers in Florida blowing up

later

First 123 Last