Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    You don’t seem as committed to being a racist as most of the guys on here but your desire to want to examine certain instances to confirm that not 100% of black people are good humans is a little troubling though honestly.
    So will there be marches or protests by BLM for this man until the suspects are caught and brought to justice?

We both know the answer.

Maybe they should change the name of their movement to Black Lives Matter Sometimes.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    So will there be marches or protests by BLM for this man until the suspects are caught and brought to justice?

We both know the answer.
    Bro...come on with this horribly flawed analogy. You’re missing the issue and you know it. I know you’re better than this.

Hushie
    Hushie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 926

He resigned. Sad. He's a great announcer who's given 30 years of his life to the Kings and Sacramento. He deserves better than this.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

Damn... Their loss. Thunder guy got fired in the playoffs a couple years ago for something mildly racist also. They just can't give people the benefit of the doubt even after they appologise.

IBetYou

Thunder guy said Wesbrook is out of his cotton picking mind, as in playing great -a compliment! Didn't seem one bit racist to me when I heard it live. Then he gets reprimanded, then he appologises, then his cowardly employers him dump him. Same again here. Shady characters Cousins/ Barnes/ Webber all ganging up on him.

Bottom line is they have nothing to fear in cutting ties as ostensibly it upsets just one person.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

As a Kings fan growing up I listened to Grant a lot. While I can't say as to whether or not he is a racist, he definitely can come across as a pompous arrogant a-hole. He had some great play by play, and he filled in for Rome from time to time, so I always thought he wanted to move onto something bigger, but not sure if that will happen now. Being a labeled a racist is one of the worst things you can be today.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    As a Kings fan growing up I listened to Grant a lot. While I can't say as to whether or not he is a racist, he definitely can come across as a pompous arrogant a-hole. He had some great play by play, and he filled in for Rome from time to time, so I always thought he wanted to move onto something bigger, but not sure if that will happen now. Being a labeled a racist is one of the worst things you can be today.
    lol... maybe pompous arrogant a-hole at times but entertaining. I remember his frequent critiques of Cousins for going haywire or Webber for playing soft/ shooting too many jumpers. THey got him back today so congrats to them I guess ;/

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

Save it for the klan rally bubba
    Facts are stubborn things, aren't they ??

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

"If you don't like that, you don't like Kings basketball"

----Grant Napear

7deuceoff$uit

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    lol... maybe pompous arrogant a-hole at times but entertaining. I remember his frequent critiques of Cousins for going haywire or Webber for playing soft/ shooting too many jumpers. THey got him back today so congrats to them I guess ;/
    Yeah, sometimes I would wonder if he was a bit on the spectrum. Like he had trouble picking up social cues, and didn't have great awareness. One particular time I remember a guy, might have even been a teenager, called in to his radio show. He was trying to make a comment, but seemed to have a bit of a learning disability. He was struggling to articulate his sentences, and Grant said something to the extent of, Get off my show... I don't have time for morons today.. LMFAO! Guy was such a prick

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by THE HITMAN View Post
    Facts are stubborn things, aren't they ??
    Say hi to Hitler in hell you racist piece of shit

Hushie

Yeah, sometimes I would wonder if he was a bit on the spectrum. Like he had trouble picking up social cues, and didn't have great awareness. One particular time I remember a guy, might have even been a teenager, called in to his radio show. He was trying to make a comment, but seemed to have a bit of a learning disability. He was struggling to articulate his sentences, and Grant said something to the extent of, Get off my show... I don't have time for morons today.. LMFAO! Guy was such a prick
    It’s a radio show, they have shticks. His was a tough guy New Yorker. He was a nice man and loved that team more than anything. Makes me sad to see a team do that to a loyal employee of 30+ years. He will be missed. If he’s such a racist, why is he such good friends with his co-host Doug Christie? The man wasn’t racist at all. Boogie baited him into that comment because he hated Boogie for the same reason everyone hates Boogie, he’s a piece of shit.

texhooper

This King’s announcer guy was asked point blank by Demarcus Cousins what his thoughts were on black lives matter

He said all lives matter.

He’s an idiot and deserves to lose his job. Whether you think it’s racist or not, he knew what he was doing. He’s doubly stupid because Demarcus Cousins was clearly trying to trap him.

And I say good riddance

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

Black Cats Matter!

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    I'm not one for PC at all but that was a mind-numbingly stupid comment. What was his point? -if he even had one??
    Maybe people are getting fed up with hearing about BLM. It only matters when its a white guy involved.

7deuceoff$uit

Quote Originally Posted by Hushie View Post
    It’s a radio show, they have shticks. His was a tough guy New Yorker. He was a nice man and loved that team more than anything. Makes me sad to see a team do that to a loyal employee of 30+ years. He will be missed. If he’s such a racist, why is he such good friends with his co-host Doug Christie? The man wasn’t racist at all. Boogie baited him into that comment because he hated Boogie for the same reason everyone hates Boogie, he’s a piece of shit.
    Yeah... I know Boogie was baiting him, and DeMarcus had flashes while in Sacramento, but the guy was never a team leader.

But it's funny you bring up Christie... I remember catching a game once and Grant and Doug had a side convo about tennis. Grant had said something about playing with some ranked tennis player in doubles back in the day. Christie, trying have some light hearted fun, said he didn't know Grant had tennis skills and asked who the player was... Grant goes, you wouldn't know him.. No chuckle or anything. It's a little awkward, and Christie asks him again, Grant blurts out some name, and goes see you didn't know him. It probably doesn't come across very well trying to type it out, but him being his prikk self, coupled with the awkwardness makes me think he's not completely socially aware.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

All lives matter is not untrue but it’s commonly, probably near 100% of the time these days used as a way to shout down someone asserting that black lives matter. People that are offended or threatened by the phrase “black lives matter” (which is also true) are racist at their core.
    Black lives don't even matter to black people you fn retard. If they did, they wouldn't murder their own people at a rate higher than anyone else.

Stop making excuses for a segment of society that is absolute gutter trash that blames its problems on everyone else.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

It shouldn't be. This is an opportunity for there to be a conservative sports media that doesn't cowtow to PC culture, and tells the truth about thing. i hope Fox Sports hires him and they make a point that this shit will not stand anymore

The US fought against communism on foreign soil. We need to fight it here. Right now. Because the anarchists (Antifa, BLM) are at the gate and the media is complicit and encouraging them.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

This is a scam country...freedom.of speech ??

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Behind all the nonsense and what is labeled as right etc...fact is the usa is better with less blks and more whites. Looting and violence in the last few days confirms this. Blks committ half the murders in usa and are about 20 percent of the population ?? I worked in dept of corrections for a bit, blks were 90 percent plus of the inmates, obv all corrupt cops put them there ??

Hushie

Yeah... I know Boogie was baiting him, and DeMarcus had flashes while in Sacramento, but the guy was never a team leader.

But it's funny you bring up Christie... I remember catching a game once and Grant and Doug had a side convo about tennis. Grant had said something about playing with some ranked tennis player in doubles back in the day. Christie, trying have some light hearted fun, said he didn't know Grant had tennis skills and asked who the player was... Grant goes, you wouldn't know him.. No chuckle or anything. It's a little awkward, and Christie asks him again, Grant blurts out some name, and goes see you didn't know him. It probably doesn't come across very well trying to type it out, but him being his prikk self, coupled with the awkwardness makes me think he's not completely socially aware.
    If you listen to their radio show, that kind of stuff happens all the time. He's a New Yorker, that's how they are. I would not call him racist in the least. Most of his guests are black. His co-host is black, their engineer is black. The man announces a sport for 30+ years that is 90% black. Does that sound like a racist to you?

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

The walk back is worse
    Looks weak

Backed into being Cuck or racist

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guy not racist at all

A
    Bunch of weak
    Losers

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Why walk back what you said? It was in Caps. I would double down.

Now he obviously got baited and deserves what happened to him.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Why walk back what you said? It was in Caps. I would double down.

Now he obviously got baited and deserves what happened to him.
    Exactly

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1712

Why are people being fired for their opinions in todays america?

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

This King’s announcer guy was asked point blank by Demarcus Cousins what his thoughts were on black lives matter

He said all lives matter.

He’s an idiot and deserves to lose his job. Whether you think it’s racist or not, he knew what he was doing. He’s doubly stupid because Demarcus Cousins was clearly trying to trap him.

And I say good riddance
    A lot of times people say All Lives Matter, because BLM rhetoric is lined with hate and blame towards all white people and police. There need more distinct ideas at what needs to be changed; not just saying there is 'systemic racism', and the need for safe spaces just for black people (segregation), which is definitely not healthy for culture and community.

jjgold

Thugs life does not matter

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    you can't call a black person racist for saying black lives matter

but you can call a white person racist for saying ALL lives matter... and be fired for saying that... imagine if you say WHITE lives matter
    I need a historical review of whose lives mattered from 1783 to June 3, 2020.

jjgold

White lives matter

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    White lives matter

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

"All Lives Matter" should be a good thing, for the life of me how could that ever be deemed as racist?

This is a mad world we live in and nothing makes sense anymore...

Ok let's keep this light and funny now.. Laughing is living...

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

No one's life matters

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1712

Can any of you imagine being fired for an sbr post?
    Regardless of view
    Ridiculous

First 123 Last