thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Bulls Jazz game 6 on espn

I really didn’t remember much from the game aside from the steal from Malone and Jordan’s shot.

Three things I took from it:

1. The bulls got 5 points in their favor on blown shot clock calls. Eisley should have had a 3 that didn’t count. Ron Harper got a 2 that appeared late.

2. I do think the bulls would have won game 7. I believe I saw their would have been an extra day off after game 6, and it appeared the Bulls (especially MJ) were out of gas due to Pippens back and a grueling series with Indiana. The jazz seemed to handle the pressure poorly in game 6 although they appeared to be the better team for the most of the game. I know Jordan had a ton of points but he missed a lot of shots short in the second half. The extra day of rest with no travel would have favored the bulls IMO and I suspect Utah would have caved under the massive pressure of that moment.

3. I think there was about 6 guys max in that game good enough to play today, at least significant minutes. The game has evolved so much, it felt like it was moving in slow motion (aside from Jordan).

It was a hard fought game overall, but I thought the play was sloppy for the most part. How many layups did Hornacek miss?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Almost all those guys could easily play today. Pippen Malone Stockton Jordan would all dominate in the NBA today without question. All the role players could ball too. Ron Harper was like 6 foot 5 or some shit. Big ass PG. Lock down on D. Rodman? Kukoc? Clutch as f. Greg Ostertag? Swerve him.

Hornecek was a baller bro. You gotta remember that he was near the end of his career there. In his prime he's one of those guys who will do a little bit of everything. That series was a physical war. Bodies were breaking down so you didn't get the cleanest game 6. You kinda saw the same thing with the Lakers Celtics 2010 game 7. Everyone was exhausted and all the energy was spent on D and it felt like every bucket was a home run in baseball. Kobe's legs won the battle and he closed out the last few minutes of the fourth quarter, just like Jordan did here. Eerily similar games imo. You gotta realize too these guys never had any of these modern day treatments. Cryotherapy and all these modern day gadgets to help the body heal faster, plus additional science/nutrition info.

Bedrockfred
    Bedrockfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2714

Those guys could play. The level of play back then is still relevant today.