MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

How to Get Your $1200 Covid-19 Money If You Haven't Filed Taxes the Last 2 Years

A few professional gamblers I know have, over the years, succumbed to the temptation to go totally off grid with regard to filing federal income taxes.

If that's you, or if for any other reason you didn't file taxes in 2018 and 2019 (independently wealthy? or maybe just lazy? hey, I don't judge.), you are still entitled to your $1200 Covid-19 government cash and it's actually very easy:

1. Go here and follow the directions: https://www.freefilefillableforms.co...cImpactPayment

2. The information you'll be asked to provide is extremely basic, nothing that in any way incriminates you for potentially unpaid income taxes in either year.

3. Once filed, there's an approval / rejection period you're told could take 2 days, but in both specific instances I know about approval emails arrived within an hour of filing, so it's definitely not a human review, just a computer making sure you filled in all the boxes.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Something tells me that you fit one of those choices? I couldn't remember if I filed in 18 but I did not in 19 and I still completed that days ago.

I was also "self-employed" as a contractor before I went to strictly gambling (which now has me near destitute because no games) and I left that work voluntarily. Someone said that I still might be able to get the most recent unemployment claims due to COVID. Because states want that money to spend and they won't deny you. I figured I will try anyway but I'm still thinking probably not.

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Something tells me that you fit one of those choices? I couldn't remember if I filed in 18 but I did not in 19 and I still completed that days ago.
    Very cool. Did you also get an almost immediate approval of your filing, within hours or even minutes?

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19599

I did this for a friend and he was approved in about 30 minutes and received his check in about a week and a half.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Filling this out on your phone is a nightmare & I couldn’t submit the last part.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

What's the hurry now if you guys haven't been filing at all??

Money talks I guess

Golden fleece
    Golden fleece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2655

you have to have filed both of the last 2 years?

i heard one or the other was good enough.... so i did 19 but not 18

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

professional gamblers lol .01% of the world

jimk6969
    Update your status
    jimk6969's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11621

I owed for 18 didn’t file still haven’t
    I filed electronically for 19 April 22nd
    Got my return $ 7 day’s later and stimulus $ 2 days after that

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

i am on social security benefits and did not have to file. i received my 1200 dollar stimulus check

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

First question is about cryptyo

deadphish
    deadphish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25693

i filed mine @ https://mobile.connect.myflorida.com...ata=-460658882
    did i miss something? i thought individuals had go through their own state.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Golden fleece View Post
    you have to have filed both of the last 2 years?

i heard one or the other was good enough.... so i did 19 but not 18
    You don’t have to have filed at all, doesn’t matter even if you owe, all good trump wants everyone to get it. My old lady hadn’t worked or filed in god knows how long until this year and she got it. Friend that owes all kind of back taxes got it. I havnt gotten it yet but I did get the approval email almost instantly so assuming I will get eventually, hopefully just in time to deposit that bitch and bet on sports!!
    Points Awarded:

Golden fleece gave 2daBank 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    You don’t have to have filed at all, doesn’t matter even if you owe, all good trump wants everyone to get it. My old lady hadn’t worked or filed in god knows how long until this year and she got it. Friend that owes all kind of back taxes got it. I havnt gotten it yet but I did get the approval email almost instantly so assuming I will get eventually, hopefully just in time to deposit that bitch and bet on sports!!
    2dabank is more alive than don imis

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

the system is really glitchy, many of my clients can't get past the first page without an error message about "data doesn't match"

i think the best alternative for anyone that doesn't get it, or didn't want to file for those years, is to claim it on the 2020 tax return... some guidance came out yesterday that everyone will be able to do that

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19599

"Data doesn't match" may mean the IRS has a different address on file.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

I don't have any kids but if you have kids under 17 you get an extra $500 for them. I keep hearing on the radio, that you had to file your 2019 return by May 5th to get the money for the kids. Hopefully all you guys with kids already filed cause otherwise I think you get stiffed on your $500 kids payment now. Anyway just wanted to give a heads up on that cause I keep hearing the psa on radio about it. Also rumor has it they could be working on another stimulus check for everyone. The House and Trump wanna do it but the Senate is kinda iffy about it right now. So there could be more free $$$$ coming this summer.

maxell
    maxell's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18921

If you missed the May 5 deadline to claim dependent kids under 17: you can still file that claim, but on your 2020 tax return

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by deadphish View Post
    i filed mine @ https://mobile.connect.myflorida.com...ata=-460658882
    did i miss something? i thought individuals had go through their own state.
    The filing you made looks like it's for state level unemployment benefits, so I'd be surprised if it served "double duty" of also qualifying you for the $1200 federal level payment.

If it were me, I'd definitely also file the form in the OP. That way you know for sure your $1200 is coming and if it turns out the Florida form already qualified you, then filing the federal form just qualifies you again, so there's no harm done.

Happily, you're probably eligible for both the $1200 in federal cash and the ongoing Florida state unemployment payments.

deadphish
    deadphish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25693

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    The filing you made looks like it's for state level unemployment benefits, so I'd be surprised if it served "double duty" of also qualifying you for the $1200 federal level payment.

If it were me, I'd definitely also file the form in the OP. That way you know for sure your $1200 is coming and if it turns out the Florida form already qualified you, then filing the federal form just qualifies you again, so there's no harm done.

Happily, you're probably eligible for both the $1200 in federal cash and the ongoing Florida state unemployment payments.
    TY for the info!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I bet 90 percent of guys here in PT haven’t filed in 5-10 years

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4511

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I bet 90 percent of guys here in PT haven’t filed in 5-10 years
    How are those box lunches you pick up from the local school's during the week