We should get news soon

Football looking good tho

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    We should get news soon

Football looking good tho
    Yeah, I still believe well get some NFL Football in this year.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Yeah, I still believe well get some NFL Football in this year.
    And on time

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

And on time
    don't hold your breath.

packerd_00

And on time
    Hear,hear.

mezmurized2
    Update your status
    mezmurized2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Quote Originally Posted by mezmurized2 View Post
    CDC data suggests the common flu kills, on avg, 1 per every 752 cases, each year.
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

But meanwile, stats listed on FOX NEWS website https://www.foxnews.com/ COVID-19 kills an avg of 1 per every 39 cases !!
    FOX News lists its sources as WHO, CDC, ECDC, NHC
    ----------
    And so the numbers have changed early evening Saturday.
    While FOX NEWS is slow to update their webpage stats,
    here they are courtesy Johns Hopkins
    308,850 cases and 8,396 deaths
    That is now 1 death per every 38 cases!!
    So it just got WORSE!!

Last edited by mezmurized2; 04-04-20 at 10:42 PM.

homie1975

2.7% so it's almost 1 in 37 !!!

homie1975

^ ca gov newsom not onboard w trump

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    On the other hand, Japan knew full well how to deal with it because they are all wearing masks. They have not even shut down their economy.
    Oops. So much for that idea. Japan now reportedly going into lockdown. The virus is taking hold.

mezmurized2
    Update your status

Originally Posted by mezmurized2

CDC data suggests the common flu kills, on avg, 1 per every 752 cases, each year.
    But meanwile, stats listed on FOX NEWS website
    https://www.foxnews.com/
    COVID-19 kills an avg of 1 per every 39 cases !!
    FOX News lists its sources as WHO, CDC, ECDC, NHC

===================
    And so the numbers have changed early evening Saturday.
    While FOX NEWS is slow to update their webpage stats,
    here they are courtesy Johns Hopkins
    308,850 cases and 8,396 deaths
    That is now 1 death per every 38 cases !!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    2.7% now, so it's almost 1 in 37 !!!
    ----------
    Eeesh, homie, you're right!
    Damn.
    It got even worse than I stated Friday.
    Now 1 death per every 37 cases!!!

Remember, CDC data
    for annual common flu
    roughly 1 death per every 752 cases, each year.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Oops. So much for that idea. Japan now reportedly going into lockdown. The virus is taking hold.
    I'm reading, but I had to laugh with "mass extinction event." 9/11 was the initial civil rights grab. This one may be the next unending claim of invisible enemy, but I think they are overplaying their hand. The numbers are going to be paltry. Also, I'm not promoting anything or encouraging anything bad to happen to anyone, but the people who this virus afflicts, if they all died --- it would be huge net positive to most societies as they currently stand. Again, it's just a fact, not a wish.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

mezmurized2
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by mezmurized2 View Post
    Damn. It got even worse than I stated Friday, April 3...
    Now 1 death per every 37 covid-19 cases!
    ====

Update as of April 08:

...now 1 death per every 32 covid-19 cases!

To compare with annual common flu, CDC data shows roughly 1 death per every 752 cases, each year.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

You are getting more worried as this Fauci hack is less and less worried.

Come on, this is getting ridiculous, Mez

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Also, I'm not promoting anything or encouraging anything bad to happen to anyone, but the people who this virus afflicts, if they all died --- it would be huge net positive to most societies as they currently stand. Again, it's just a fact, not a wish.
    Spoken like a true scumbag. And another reason for the shutdown because this attitude becomes obvious and results in a landslide.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22870

Kirk stay home don't ever leave the comfort of your home.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Spoken like a true scumbag. And another reason for the shutdown because this attitude becomes obvious and results in a landslide.
    You really don't like the truth, do you. At least you quoted the part about how I don't wish evil on anyone, just want people to be honest and realistic when making public policy. The next thing you are going to tell me is that the government really cares about "people."

Roger T. Bannon

You really don't like the truth, do you. At least you quoted the part about how I don't wish evil on anyone, just want people to be honest and realistic when making public policy. The next thing you are going to tell me is that the government really cares about "people."
    I'm all about the truth. That is why I spelled it right out. You told the truth but you wanted to wimp out and make it seem like you were not for it but said it was a FACT. That is what makes you a scumbag. The other part just makes you a wimp. It is obvious what you have been for all long.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Someone cannot speak the truth about a situation he wouldn't participate in? What world are you living in? The truth may or may not have to do with our decisions, and it can be even more complicated than that, but I'm not going to waste my time if you think 80 year olds are indispensable to the economy, aren't net takers, or some other asinine idea.

If my team is playing a better team that I don't want to win, I'm a wimp because I say the other team is better and bet on it?

You have emotional, silly reasoning = not reasoning or logic.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

If college students aren't back on campuses en masse, there's no college football. So that's all you really need to know

Roger T. Bannon

Someone cannot speak the truth about a situation he wouldn't participate in? What world are you living in? The truth may or may not have to do with our decisions, and it can be even more complicated than that, but I'm not going to waste my time if you think 80 year olds are indispensable to the economy, aren't net takers, or some other asinine idea.

If my team is playing a better team that I don't want to win, I'm a wimp because I say the other team is better and bet on it?

You have emotional, silly reasoning = not reasoning or logic.
    I don't have any stake in any of this. You are the one ready to off senior citizens so you can get back to making some money. The problem is it is not just 80-year-old, it is 70-year-old and 60-year-olds and people with diseases that can live a few decades. None of these people are going to the grave for you. You cannot cut their social security or even threaten it and you definitely are not burying them six feet under.

The politicians and the elites do not want any part of it. You can kill them when they don't know it is coming. You can't kill them when they are watching you. These are the most powerful people in the US.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

I'm recommending what I believe is best for the country. You are making up absurdities that don't logically follow from anything I'm saying. Also, I reject entirely language tricks that state that I'm murdering someone when in reality their bad health and a virus are doing so, if it even happens at all. Just preposterous suggestions there.

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Schefter claiming this week that college circles confident season will happen.

Breaking News: men getting rich off young unpaid labor antsy to risk the lives of said unpaid labor to make money again.

Imagine how much they’ll charge for ads if season goes on and is the only sport on. Also if there’s no fans.

Imagine if a kid tests positive let alone dies from the virus. What will happen? That team is done for a month at least. Anyone they played past 2 weeks is done playing. Think we’ll get new waivers kids gotta sign?? You might see the NCAA cave to amateurism.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

But these men let the biggest betting event and billion dollar tournament pass because they "love money"? They can't win in your delusional world.

Also, for healthy people this is nothing. NOTHING. Nothing will happen. The real problem is you, the true believer, and even worse, the lawyers arguing for money to be paid out for ridiculous claims that they pay other expert witnesses to sit there and lie about, all for money.

Roger T. Bannon

I'm recommending what I believe is best for the country. You are making up absurdities that don't logically follow from anything I'm saying. Also, I reject entirely language tricks that state that I'm murdering someone when in reality their bad health and a virus are doing so, if it even happens at all. Just preposterous suggestions there.
    You are an idealist. And like all idealists, you are not rational. This simply is not doable. You are going to get mass infection with your approach and the system is going to be overwhelmed. There will be no food on the shelves.

You simply cannot openly choose to kill hundreds of thousands of people to save yourself or save rich people money. It will not be tolerated.

homie1975

72% of 720 Americans surveyed said they would not attend a sporting event unless there's a vaccine. This is a huge problem for college football. period.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    72% of 720 Americans surveyed said they would not attend a sporting event unless there's a vaccine. This is a huge problem for college football. period.
    Yes, you also have the problem that the UFC has. They do not televise boxing on network TV anymore because they killed a guy in the ring on live TV. When the UFC got their place, the TV people told them they did not want any part of it. There are no sports without TV and the major networks are not going to be seen as killing people for profit.

packerd_00

Japan is paying their companies to move out of China, which we should do. Time has come to let them feel the burn for a change.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Japan is paying their companies to move out of China, which we should do. Time has come to let them feel the burn for a change.
    Wal-Mart is planning on expanding in Wuhan. I'm not sure they are going to get paid. They are just going to be forced to move. That will be some of the blowback when this eventually settles down. There will be changes to the world that nobody ever envisioned come out of this. These are revolutionary times. That is why they are being so careful. One mistake and you could be done for.

First ... 4567