Guns still available?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

Get a 380 Sig to carry around.

House a 45 cal

Shotgun as well. Use slugs

Pump shotgun will scare the crap out of them. However no good if they get to close.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

Points Awarded:

hehfest gave DwightShrute 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Turkish guns best value for money.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

AK47 a beautiful weapon

Great to have but not accurate

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24856

We're not big into guns. Just have them for home protection and have two Taurus .357 Magnum revolvers. ~$300 each at sporting goods store. Its not expensive but packs a punch.

Its small enough for conscealment (for consealed handgun license). My wife likes it but she uses .38 special cartridges in hers. The .357 cartridges have too much "kick" for her to be able to recover and fire rapidly.

For home protection we use DRT frangible cartridges (they fragment on impact). The idea is that by fragmenting on impact, you are sure to stop an intruder and not just slow them down with a minor wound.

If you are unfamiliar with firearms, I highly suggest upon purchase, you go to a gun shop/range and have an expert train you on basics.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo, and cecil127

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Junk

No
    Your ass is junk.....

Think you could hit a target at 55 YDS with a handgun?

Think real hard before your answer because I knows guns..........

PAULYPOKER

If you wanna spend a little more money(not much more) here is a hand gun better than a Glock

15+1 rounds in this monster! Turkish answer for military combat handgun
    like a glock but better,,,,

Watch any youtube vid on it and you'll see the deadly precision of this bitch......

I tell you right now, those big name guns are just a brand
    nothin else.....

Why waste money on a name when there are
    hand guns much cheaper but better?

Remember that going in and I'm sure you'll find what you want
    without breaking into your savings account......

Anatevka
    Anatevka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 555

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    AK47 a beautiful weapon

Great to have but not accurate
    Are you *the* JJGOLD that used to post at the RX?

You had some of the funniest posts I have ever read.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Get a 380 Sig to carry around.

House a 45 cal

Shotgun as well. Use slugs

Pump shotgun will scare the crap out of them. However no good if they get to close.
    No and NO......

45 in the house? yeah go deaf and break your wrist in the process......

38 to carry?Lol.... might as well get a 22............

9MM is the best by a long shot..

Every military and law enforcement in the world can't be wrong...

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    AR-15. Long barrel rifles are accurate than a hand gun.

If you want to make sure you don't miss, a shotgun.
    +1. Ar-15s are far and away the best overall for home defense. They're light weight, have low recoil, are easier to handle than a handgun or shot gun and you can preload the mags. It takes much less time load to get out of bed and load an AR-15 with a preloaded mag vs a 5+1 shotgun, and the bullets are typically smaller and less likely to over penetrate.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 886

Old Louisville Never Fails!

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Nothing wrong with a shotgun for home defense. Nothing makes an intruder run faster than hearing the "pump" of a pump shotgun. Benelli's are fine semi-auto shotguns, can hold 9 rounds on some of the tactical ones (my uncle has one with a pistol grip). My old man had a pump shot gun that was designed with no stock at the end you held against your shoulder, it just a pistol grip at the end you held with one hand and the other in front on the pump. That was a fun one to take to the range

Revolvers are very simple to use, just load the cylinder and fire, but if you're a beginner, would recommend one that isn't compact (same goes with a semi-auto) as they are a little less stable so it can throw off your aim when you fire if you're not used to the recoil and everything.

For semi-auto, Glock and Springfield Armory XD are fine guns. Sig is a little overrated in my opinion. If it is home defense, make sure you buy the hollow point and not the full metal jacket. The hollow points have stopping power because it mushrooms out once it hits you and spreads the kinetic energy out through a wider area of the body making it more likely to knock you down. Full metal jackets can just go right through you and increase the chance of someone still fighting on adrenaline with an exit wound. Also, HP won't keep going through a wall like a FMJ, so at least if you miss it'll just fuk up your dry wall or a stud rather than continuing into the next room and possibly hitting a bystander.

Also, learn how to keep your gun maintained and clean (read the manual). Nothing like having a gun fail or misfire on you because you took it to the range 20 times and never cleaned it and that built up gun powder in the barrel is now causing problems when you need to use it or causes problems on the 21st time at the range.

Whatever you choose, make sure you learn how to use it properly and safely.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 03-24-20 at 11:19 PM.

PAULYPOKER

Can make hollow points very easy outta full metal jacks on a lathe
    or even a cheap drill press........

Hollow points are expensive as fukk.............

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

The best thing to do is to go into shop and get a feel for a variety of different handguns. Ask questions and there will be a few you prefer to the others. Everyone is different. My dad can’t stand glocks and their grips. I don’t like sigs all that much. Unfortunately shops are either mobbed or closed so it might not be the best service.

Whatever you get, like others have said, get educated on the weapon and practice. Stay safe.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Don't buy one. I have NEVER had a gun and I will never have one. Come into my house and I will bash your head in with an aluminum baseball bat.
    I would like to use the good ole Taylor Made 3 iron to the skull if the moment presents itself.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

I bought a Sig-9mm (p320 model). Got around 500+ rounds too of fmj and about 20 rounds hp. It was the last one left in the store that was striker fire and 9mm. This is just added to my arsenal. Revolvers too time consuming to reload but I have a 38 revolver too. Only advantage of the revolver is that if your pistol runs out of mags the revolver might be faster to reload then. You'll be happy you bought one if SHTF...believe me. It really ultimately doesn't matter what you buy. Just get good with it. To me, all the major manufacturers are super close to have any advantage. Everyone raves about glocks. I think with firearms people pay for the brand name. I have a rifle too (AR-model; the ones Biden thinks I shouldn't have) that rattles the Earth a little eh! The rifle is an unknown brand but I think is just as good as a Bushmaster, etc.

Hope this helps. People always think you need that big caliber but if you hit your target in target practice in the right spot (on the deer of course), then it really wouldn't ever matter what you roll with. That deer will drop.

I have never in my life seen gun stores with lines all the way out the door like I have the past few weeks. People know something aint right. Look at a firearm as a life insurance policy in case things ever went sideways. You at least give yourself a chance.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Hman where do you live?

Guns still available?

Central Florida

Yes they are

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    The best thing to do is to go into shop and get a feel for a variety of different handguns. Ask questions and there will be a few you prefer to the others. Everyone is different. My dad can’t stand glocks and their grips. I don’t like sigs all that much. Unfortunately shops are either mobbed or closed so it might not be the best service.
    Whatever you get, like others have said, get educated on the weapon and practice. Stay safe.

Hey Gritter you seem like the type of guy that can get me a gun with no serial #'s

Let me know if you want to do business man

HMAN are you a collector???

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post

I have but I feel like a female going to a mechanic shop.

No idea and impossible for me to bargain.

Even after telling the guy in one store last week that I have zero knowledge, every time i asked a question he's speaking a foreign language.

Hence the reason I'm asking for advice here.

Thanks much to everyone

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Hey Gritter you seem like the type of guy that can get me a gun with no serial #'s

Let me know if you want to do business man

dang JJ...

Hman

A collector of some things, but not guns.

But once I buy my First I might continue.

Guns keep their value and a decent investment, is that correct??

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Holy fukk! out of the entire US this is the only gun shop that HAS IT!

AND it's very low stock!

Let me put it this way before Corona there were hundreds of gun shops
    across the US to choose from who had plenty stock of this gun!

SCCY CPX-2 Red Dot 9mm 3.1" Barrel, Black Polymer Grip/Frame Grip, 10rd, Crimson Trace Red Dot
    SOLD OUT!
    Gone,Too late as they were the last shop in US to have it.......

Wow,,, I never in my life saw Handguns flying off the shelves like this,NEVER!

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    SOLD OUT!
    Gone,Too late as they were the last shop in US to have it.......

Wow,,, I never in my life saw Handguns flying off the shelves like this,NEVER!

What makes that one so unique??

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    price.

For the money it has very good results.

Hman guns are like clothes man everyone has their own style.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Makarov 9mm...Russians, Bulgarians, Chinese, east german...the ak-47 of handguns. I have one in the truck I wouldnt hesitate to use as a hammer.
    rifle? bushmaster ar-15 w/jewell trigger (20" ss barrel) tack driver.
    plus usual aray of pump guns, o/u's,a 1911 colt 45 and a few revolvers....

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    9mm handgun hands down and go to the range on a reg thing and learn it
    Agreed.

Get yourself a Glock 43.

Get the magazine extension. They make a mag extension that gives you an extra 2 rounds and it actually makes the gun easier to grip.

Get 2 extra mags as well.

Clean your gun after you shoot it at the range. However, I’ve been told by Glock that you don’t need to clean it until you’ve gone through about 500 rounds.

PAULYPOKER

1.The accuracy,,the accuracy,the accuracy,the accuracy,the accuracy,the accuracy,
    pickin off targets at 165 feet is very hard to accomplish with ANY hand gun..

2.Super diminutive in it's class, however it's basically a class/style all on it's own...

3.The weight is an unheard of 15 ounces for "it's class" (see 2.) ..........

4.The SCCY CPX 2 has no (thumb irritating) safety to get in your way...

5.The precision for the price would look like a misprint if you were participating
    in a *blind fire (ask questions later) price test*...
    (test firing a bunch of handguns then look the actual price then shit your pants)

The slogans:
    SCCY IS THE PRESENCE OF TALENT,PRECISION AND TECHNOLOGY WITH THE ABSENCE OF GREED

The new SCCY 1RD & 2RD: ....The KING of concealed and carry!...........

6.Made in the good ole USA probably in your back yard.. how close is Daytona Beach, FL
    @ Keiser University to you?

Bryce M. Towsley a very respected name in the industry wrote a review on it in Shooting Illustrated back in 2015......

"Towsley noted, “The SCCY CPX-2 proved fast and accurate for defensive-style, close-range shooting out to 15 and even 20 yards,” a solid endorsement for a pistol that costs about as much as an Xbox One.

Lightweight and easily concealed, the CPX-2 is a solid choice for concealed carry—and leaves lots of money in the ammo and training budget."

Here's the whole article titled:
    20 Personal-Defense Handguns Under $300
    https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...uns-under-300/

Read through it and the SCCY CPX 2 will stick out like a sore thumb
    compared to the other 19 as the CPX 2 is sexy lookin as fukk as well..

There was one other gun that stuck out as well and I posted it in this thread last night which is the SAR USA SAR 9

One more stuck out but I didn't do a full research on it (you couldn't give me a 38)...The MSRP was originally over $1,000,but the actual
    Average Retail Price: $245.35
    ...The pistol, a Remington RM380...

Back to SCCY CPX 2...........
    6.Oh, almost forgot,Did I mention the gun is very accurate?

7.The ergonomics of this Pistol are as if the comfort and feel of the gun
    were of 1st priority then build the gun around them....Well basically every
    part of the gun and function is if it were 1st priority.......

8. It fits it in my pants pocket.....

Good luck on finding one.........
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 03-25-20 at 08:59 AM.

PAULYPOKER

OMG,Look at how eerily similar these lyrics are
    to
    this horrific,epic Corona Pandemic we are all
    suffering from directly or indirectly.....

Bursting with fear
    Soon to fill our lungs the hot winds of death
    The gods are laughing, so take your last breath

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Nothing wrong with a shotgun for home defense. Nothing makes an intruder run faster than hearing the "pump" of a pump shotgun. Benelli's are fine semi-auto shotguns, can hold 9 rounds on some of the tactical ones (my uncle has one with a pistol grip). My old man had a pump shot gun that was designed with no stock at the end you held against your shoulder, it just a pistol grip at the end you held with one hand and the other in front on the pump. That was a fun one to take to the range

Revolvers are very simple to use, just load the cylinder and fire, but if you're a beginner, would recommend one that isn't compact (same goes with a semi-auto) as they are a little less stable so it can throw off your aim when you fire if you're not used to the recoil and everything.

For semi-auto, Glock and Springfield Armory XD are fine guns. Sig is a little overrated in my opinion. If it is home defense, make sure you buy the hollow point and not the full metal jacket. The hollow points have stopping power because it mushrooms out once it hits you and spreads the kinetic energy out through a wider area of the body making it more likely to knock you down. Full metal jackets can just go right through you and increase the chance of someone still fighting on adrenaline with an exit wound. Also, HP won't keep going through a wall like a FMJ, so at least if you miss it'll just fuk up your dry wall or a stud rather than continuing into the next room and possibly hitting a bystander.

Also, learn how to keep your gun maintained and clean (read the manual). Nothing like having a gun fail or misfire on you because you took it to the range 20 times and never cleaned it and that built up gun powder in the barrel is now causing problems when you need to use it or causes problems on the 21st time at the range.

Whatever you choose, make sure you learn how to use it properly and safely.
    Best post in this thread. For home defense, by far the shotgun is your best choice, especially at night. Do you know how hard it is to hit a moving target? At NIGHT? Then you have to also worry about a bullet missing the target and hitting your neighbor next door. A shotgun is going to put a perp down immediately. Not to mention a handgun failing like Papageorgio mentioned above. First gun for most people at home is usually a shotgun, then add a pistol (your preference) next. Do you really want an AR15 with a baby in the next room???

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

jjgold

Hman can you kill?!

Shotgun is actually the best if you’re talking about hitting your target it’s pretty safe you’re not gonna miss

sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

Buddy mentioned that Brand
    I own aa Sig p229 40 cal love it no better weapon

frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Tried and true Colt .45
    Get a 1911 or a derivative. Sound secure strong gun with grip and manual safety. Can't go wrong.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

go big or go home

First 1234 Last