mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Did Anyone Bet On the SOTU?

Considering this is a betting forum, I figured somebody here had to bet on a prop to make the SOTU being interesting. BetOnline had which country would be mentioned first (It looks like Mexico hit at +300 assuming I didn't miss a country before). 5Dimes had over/unders on the length of the speech and how many times he'd say things like "economy" or "China".

Personally I bet Yes on him saying "coronavirus" which paid +170.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Pass

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Considering this is a betting forum, I figured somebody here had to bet on a prop to make the SOTU being interesting. BetOnline had which country would be mentioned first (It looks like Mexico hit at +300 assuming I didn't miss a country before). 5Dimes had over/unders on the length of the speech and how many times he'd say things like "economy" or "China".

Where did you get that +170? It was at -120 at BetOnline.

I bet on Over 27.5 "Non-facts". Hopefully it will be graded by tomorrow.

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Where did you get that +170? It was at -120 at BetOnline.

I bet on Over 27.5 "Non-facts". Hopefully it will be graded by tomorrow.
    5Dimes had it while I was watching him leave the White House in the motorcade. It was +200 when I tried to bet it, but went down to +170 while trying to confirm the bet.

JohnGalt2341

5Dimes had it while I was watching him leave the White House in the motorcade. It was +200 when I tried to bet it, but went down to +170 while trying to confirm the bet.
    How much did they let you bet on it?

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Boss move

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    How much did they let you bet on it?
    I only put $50 on it, I didn't try to go big since I was assuming the limits were low. It was honestly a spontaneous bet (I figured he'd work it in trying to set a jab at China or talk about health care). I wish I had thought earlier to look at the props and only thought of it when I turned on the tv getting home from work and seeing the shot from the White House waiting for Trump to enter the limo which gave me a very short window. The over/under on economy being said I think was 5.5 and that flew over with his bragging about how great the economy was at the beginning of his speech.

After the fact, I remembered last year there was a prop that asked if any members of congress would remain seated the whole speech with yes being the favorite (assuming AOC or another Dem would refuse to even acknowledge Trump). Of course Trump mentioned someone no sane politician would stay seated for (I think it was a kid battling cancer who was in the audience). I wish I had the thought to look for it again this year because of course he did it again, except this time with the Tuskegee Airman and his grandson.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 02-04-20 at 10:50 PM.

JohnGalt2341

I only put $50 on it, I didn't try to go big since I was assuming the limits were low. It was honestly a spontaneous bet I wish I had thought of earlier to look at the props and only thought of it when I turned on the tv getting home from work and seeing the shot from the White House waiting for Trump to enter the limo. The over/under on economy being said I think was 5.5 and that flew over with his bragging about how great the economy was at the beginning of his speech.

After the fact, I remembered last year there was a prop that asked if any members of congress would remain seated the whole speech with yes being the favorite (assuming AOC or another Dem would refuse to even acknowledge Trump). Of course Trump mentioned mentioned someone no sane politician would stay seated for (I think it was a kid battling cancer who was in the audience). I wish I had the thought to look for it again this year because of course he did it again, except this time with the Tuskegee Airman and his grandson.
    They didn't have a prop for that at 5Dimes nor BetOnliine. I cut and pasted the BetOnline props but I remember the 5Dimes props pretty well. I was comparing them side by side. I've beat up 5Dimes pretty bad in the past on Props so they only let me bet $5. I bet on whether he would say "Impeach" at +185. I sort of expected it to lose but I figure it had at least a 40% chance of hitting. More than likely your max was only $50. I'm even surprised they let you bet that. Even BetOnline only let me bet $25 and they usually let me bet $200 on most of this type of stuff.

Nice hit on the Coronavirus
    Points Awarded:

mrpapageorgio gave JohnGalt2341 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.