mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1512

Quote Originally Posted by rickie65 View Post
    Jeezuz Jammer give the guy a break. He finds the site, starts checking it out and seems to like it and may or may not ever go pro but AHole responses like yours might turn more people away then the $100 to go pro. The idea is to get more pros here not push them away. How many of us actually went pro as soon as we found the site?
    Well then he should stop talk’in outta his ass and stop with the fuk’in bullshit!

Nickchip blatantly contradicts himself by stating, He wouldn’t donate the $100 to turn Pro just to play in our contests, get full Pro benefits, and support one of the many great charities SBR has kindly donated to for years.

But “after” playing and winning some free plays, states “Yes, I’ll contribute a $100 and go Pro.”
    And then in the same breath, says he will turn pro just as soon as he wins enough “free” points to turn pro!

Sounds like a broke dik fuk wanting something for nothing move to me! Guy gets lucky with his supposedly new hobby, and thinks he’ll game the system by leeching enough points for a Pro membership and not have to contribute shit!

Seems like 6 months is ample time to decide if the site is beneficial to you. Most of us with some intelligence already know that it is. He has no problem showing up everyday, entering every contest, and collecting daily points.

Non pros who leech out here for months on end, will get no sympathy or respect from me. I call ‘em like I fuk’in see ‘em, if you can’t see the +value in donating a mere $100 which is $8.33 a month, which equates out to .28 fuk’in cents a day, what you are is a broke dik fuk!

Anybody who takes semi annual trips to Vegas, can certainly afford to drop a Ben Franklin here at SBR.
    Last edited by mikejamm; 01-10-20 at 05:41 AM.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by pabonaparte View Post
    Disagree with this.

It's competition against several hundred players, not against a bookmaker. If you want more than a cookie for going 6-0, you should deposit to Pinnacle or 5Dimes and try to beat them. You are confusing a free contest with real life gambling.
    Keep the contest like this and see how the interest wains. Nearly 2500 entries yet only 25 year end winners. Go 6-0 ONCE the entire season and win a few betpoints and see how many years contestants continue. That's less than .01 percent of winners the entire year. Who would play in a contest where only .01 percent wins if it's not the lottery??

aussiebuckeye
    aussiebuckeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Go back to 5 picks and make tiebreaker action points for weekly prizes.

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    I laugh when I see the leaderboard. I almost never recognize any make at all if any.

They just mass sign up and take every combination of a sub set of games
    If this is legal, then what the TV star girl and her pro bettor husband did at DraftKings on their own coin should be 101% legal.

pabonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Keep the contest like this and see how the interest wains. Nearly 2500 entries yet only 25 year end winners. Go 6-0 ONCE the entire season and win a few betpoints and see how many years contestants continue. That's less than .01 percent of winners the entire year. Who would play in a contest where only .01 percent wins if it's not the lottery??
    It should stay this way, IMHO. Free contests aren't supposed to be easy to win.

The problem is there are too many accounts who will never become PRO and contribute anything to SBR, given an opportunity to win real live cash... via Bitcoin nonetheless.

Whoever thought of giving new accounts a chance to win Bitcoin and send it to them the next day, should be fired on the spot suspended from making any decisions as to contest prizes with real money.
    Points Awarded:

SBR Drew gave pabonaparte 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by pabonaparte View Post
    It should stay this way, IMHO. Free contests aren't supposed to be easy to win.

The problem is there are too many accounts who will never become PRO and contribute anything to SBR, given an opportunity to win real live cash... via Bitcoin nonetheless.

Whoever thought of giving new accounts a chance to win Bitcoin and send it to them the next day, should be fired on the spot suspended from making any decisions as to contest prizes with real money.
    Sounds like non pros are the problem then, because a 6-0 pro gets pushed down by 6-0 non pros through action points or tiebreakers. Either way the pros are not going to stand for not winning anything because non pros or ghost accounts are clogging up the leaderboard. It's like being in line to pay for gas with people who will get their gas free. Why should I wait in line to pay with the folks who get the same thing for free??
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pabonaparte

pabonaparte

Sounds like non pros are the problem then, because a 6-0 pro gets pushed down by 6-0 non pros through action points or tiebreakers. Either way the pros are not going to stand for not winning anything because non pros or ghost accounts are clogging up the leaderboard. It's like being in line to pay for gas with people who will get their gas free. Why should I wait in line to pay with the folks who get the same thing for free??
    We are on the same page now, seaborneq! I agree the system needs to be tweaked.

chidondollars
    chidondollars's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1315

It can't be pros only,never.The main aim of this investment is to attract new members.Week 8 is ok to stop non pros from cash.They can get FP for all I care

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

I’d pay $100 to play in BTP or the Pick 6

have an option to pay $100 for non pros to play
    and become pros that way. From the beginning not
    after week 8 when 2 idiots will join just because they great records.

Also why the fucckk can sbr not figure out
    a way to allow Canadians to join using a charity.

Im hard pressed to believe that the Angelman charity
    refuses donations from Canada.

very simple want more pros open up the charity path
    to all.. shouldn’t be that hard to do in 2020.

That free sports book cash has no value to me with my situation.
    Last edited by Al Masters; 01-10-20 at 11:51 PM.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by chidondollars View Post
    It can't be pros only,never.The main aim of this investment is to attract new members.Week 8 is ok to stop non pros from cash.They can get FP for all I care
    The pick 6 contests came at the expense of pros NOT winning anything of substance. The pick 6 contests format will kill the BTP pros off forever in a few years. Pick 6 is not worth being in the contest with the non pros. The pick 6 contests should be for non pros since they can't can't win anything anyway. BTP for the pros and pick 6 for the non pros. Pick 6 format is a waste of time for pros with a heavy presence of non pros.
    Last edited by seaborneq; 01-11-20 at 12:14 AM.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10728

The pick 6 contests came at the expense of pros NOT winning anything of substance. The pick 6 contests format will kill the BTP pros off forever in a few years. Pick 6 is not worth being in the contest with the non pros. The pick 6 contests should be for non pros since they can't can't win anything anyway. BTP for the pros and pick 6 for the non pros. Pick 6 format is a waste of time for pros with a heavy presence of non pros.
    I like this idea. BTP PROS . Pick 6 NPs.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

The two main reasons to become a pro and stay a pro is BTP and the Bowl contest. Pick 6 killed the BTP contest quickly. Really no reason to get excited about Pick 6 unless you are shooting for one of 25 year end prizes. Weekly prizes are nearly nil even if you go 6-0. Fix the Pick 6 contest or get rid of it too keep Pro membership up, because the Bowl Contest is the Main reason now to remain pro. Down from 2 great contests to one in a hot second.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Go back to BTP with 5 picks and just randomly select a poster to be BTP each week. After week 1 randomly pick poster in top 100 or top 50 to be the prick for each week.

Or make last year's winner the prick for week 1 then top 100/50 poster is prick for the following week.

Nickelchip2
    Nickelchip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Yeah, you wouldn’t be here now, because you’re basically a fuk’in non pro leech who wants something for nothing! All of us made a $100 donation to turn pro and it’s because of cheap broke dik fuks like you, who ruin the contests for legitimate SBR Pros who’ve supported and contributed to the site.

Our argument as real SBR pros, is that you and several hundreds like you, NEVER DO FUK’IN TURN PRO! You play in our contests, sometimes with multiple fake entries and collect when one of them hits and never contribute jack shit! A prime example is you’ve been here since last June collecting points and playing in Pro contests, try’in to “win” enough free points to turn pro for nothing.

Well Newsflash cheap fuk, you only get to keep 3000 points max as a non pro, and you can’t use them the 1st time to turn pro. You still have to make a $100 donation to one of SBR’s many charities in order to turn pro the 1st time.

Bottom line. No non pro should be allowed to compete for cash prizes. Period! It’s an insult and a slap in the face to long time PRO charitable contributors here. And the deadline to turn pro should be in week 4, one fuk’in month and not a day longer!

A minimum post count of 250 posts should be required before being allow to participate in any contests. This would cut down on fake accounts and make it easy to spot bullshit if some ghost is posting one word gibberish shit in order to meet the post count minimum.

The only prize besides 1/2 prize free plays that should be awarded to non pros is a Pro membership, only if the post requirement has been met, and only on contests where the cash prize is a $100 or more.

We’re not here to support your fuk’in “hobby”, we’re serious gamblers who gamble with real money, well most of us anyway, with the exception of a few air betting fuk’in morons like Seaweed.
    At some point you gotta stop being a fuk mooch and get in the game for real, or just be another loser non pro Seaweed douche bag that nobody gives a fly’in fuk about or takes seriously.
    And what do they get from you? Your little $100 a year donation.
    This site and I'm sure others like it are designed to generate income and new users are essential so they can generate new income as per their business model. Where do you think the money comes from for these contest? News Flash Jackass, It doesn't come from your $100 donation there Oh Great One. That's the whole idea behind the contest is create new users, to generate new income. Believe it or not they don't operate this entire website and service just to accommodate your ignorance day in and day out.. Truth be known it's probably the new users, that allow these sites to stay open and operate.
    And all I do is take, take, take..... So what have I actually taken, some worthless internet points that don't mean anything until I become a pro.Thanks for explaining the whole process of what happens to points when you go from non-pro to pro. Us folk in here in the intelligent world read the the rules, dum dum.
    As for posting, 90% of the posts I read are junk. They serve no point other than a few random people talking amongst themselves.
    Now do yourself a favor, remove the thumb from ass, stick it your mouth, sit down and shut up. That way you can save yourself from sounding so damn stupid.
    Last edited by Nickelchip2; 01-11-20 at 04:33 PM.

Nickelchip2
    Nickelchip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Well then he should stop talk’in outta his ass and stop with the fuk’in bullshit!

Nickchip blatantly contradicts himself by stating, He wouldn’t donate the $100 to turn Pro just to play in our contests, get full Pro benefits, and support one of the many great charities SBR has kindly donated to for years.

But “after” playing and winning some free plays, states “Yes, I’ll contribute a $100 and go Pro.”
    And then in the same breath, says he will turn pro just as soon as he wins enough “free” points to turn pro!

Sounds like a broke dik fuk wanting something for nothing move to me! Guy gets lucky with his supposedly new hobby, and thinks he’ll game the system by leeching enough points for a Pro membership and not have to contribute shit!

Seems like 6 months is ample time to decide if the site is beneficial to you. Most of us with some intelligence already know that it is. He has no problem showing up everyday, entering every contest, and collecting daily points.

Non pros who leech out here for months on end, will get no sympathy or respect from me. I call ‘em like I fuk’in see ‘em, if you can’t see the +value in donating a mere $100 which is $8.33 a month, which equates out to .28 fuk’in cents a day, what you are is a broke dik fuk!

Anybody who takes semi annual trips to Vegas, can certainly afford to drop a Ben Franklin here at SBR.
    It's called having a goal! It's finishing something you started, it's not about the money, that's keeping me from becoming a pro. What I should just stop in the middle of my goal just to appease you? If I can't take some imaginary points and turn it into more imaginary points, well then maybe I should try harder to learn to become a better sports bettor. Excuse me for trying to reach a goal before I donate my money for a fake 'pro' title. Some of us in life actually finish a something besides a box of doughnuts.
    You want to surround yourself with losing sports bettors? Or people who are winners or at the least working at becoming better? Nevermind, You wouldn't know the difference anyway.
    I came on here to give an opinion not be berated. You bitch that we newbies don't contribute and that we just take, then when we do contribute, we have to deal with dumbasses like yourself.
    Last edited by Nickelchip2; 01-11-20 at 04:40 PM.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Thanks for the feedback nickelchipper

Don't mind Mike he just likes to yell at people on the internet

being a "PRO" is worth it from a monetary standpoint plus more contests and full payouts

If you play poker you can bad beat Mike and watch him meltdown about the shitty RNG
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Ya, Mikejammer is the angriest internet poster ever according to Guinness World Records.

But there is something cute about it that we can't look away from, so we accept and embrace it as part of SBR culture.

To be cool, you're not supposed to react though Nickelchip ;-)

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12509

As to input on the contest I'm sure SBR has a good idea what to do to tweak the process. I appreciate the picks contests for the fun of it plus as we all can see it gets forum activity going.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Ya, Mikejammer is the angriest internet poster ever according to Guinness World Records.

But there is something cute about it that we can't look away from, so we accept and embrace it as part of SBR culture.

To be cool, you're not supposed to react though Nickelchip ;-)
    I guess Guinness never read bigdaddys posts.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila

chidondollars
    chidondollars's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1315

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    I guess Guinness never read bigdaddys posts.
    Some pros are obsessed with non pros but don't see much difference except during contest or want to make use of the store.Nothing more than senior high school student walking majestically down freshmen hallways

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

mikejamm is correct

i mean the guy isnt even turning pro for $90 worth of points and a year free of points and contests...only 3000 points (his $100 returned immediately) and then a year free of points, store, contests, and poker

you should only keep about 1k points when you turn pro

and like i said, 2 contests....maybe all the top nonpros can win pro memberships in the pick 6

went from the biggest scandal in BTP history of PRO members to allowing nonpros to cash throughout
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikejamm

RudyRuetigger

you guys saying action points are really missing the point

then you would basically need to pick totals

especially the few overtime totals (just like the few + unit plays per week this year

that changes nothing

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15769

I'm on the go back to the old BTP/Bag format.

I DO like the x2 or whatever top play.

The only thing I didn't like about BTP is if he loaded up on NFL games it would obviously black those games out (of course same in the NCAA). I wish there was a way all games could be open to Prick and the field.

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52093

Yeah, go back to the old BTP format. Why change something that works?

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Pareto View Post
    Yeah, go back to the old BTP format. Why change something that works?
    Right. It was a Huge hit. I had to have a google reminder to make the pick 6 picks. Knowing I didn't have a chance unless I swept

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6161

Totally appreciate you asking on how to improve the contest. Anyway of going back to a BTP type of contest? If not something that rewards a 5-1 or even on occasion a 4-2 type of week.

RudyRuetigger

the bag cant take over loshak AND the prick

opposite spectrums and too wide

i assume loshak made more than the prick and jimmy actually does a good job keeping a live show going

i just hope they dont hire a soyboy tout (jimmy's friends from those marathon vids) to be involved in a beat the "no name tout"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

So clearly SBR has a foot traffic problem. This isn't new and allowing non-pros into this contest will not solve it.

SBR's model is to get it's users to deposit at sportsbooks.

If you want more foot traffic, update the site and fix the things YOUR OWN USER BASE is complaining about. Your currently losing users to other sites, including across the street, reddit, discord, etc. SBR offers nothing that can even compete with those services. The SBR Pro is nice, but it's only 100 bucks. While this has been profitable for many years (for me at least) at some point wasting time on SBR for a few hundred bucks a year isn't worth it anymore.

Offer to setup a discord? Mods yell at you.
    Offer advice on features to the site? No response.
    Want sbrchat? Rejected.

As for this contest, 2 specific things. Cut down on ghosts (some kind of verification) and get it pro only. We all know there's not 2300 (a rough guess on users in the contest without looking) people lurking on this site. I would wager a substantial chunk of money that less than 2% of "New Users" in the contest became members here. I would also wager that of those 2%, *maybe* 5 people (likely less) deposited at a sportsbook using an sbr affiliate link.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    So clearly SBR has a foot traffic problem. This isn't new and allowing non-pros into this contest will not solve it.

If you want more foot traffic, update the site and fix the things YOUR OWN USER BASE is complaining about. Your currently losing users to other sites, including across the street, reddit, discord, etc. SBR offers nothing that can even compete with those services. The SBR Pro is nice, but it's only 100 bucks. While this has been profitable for many years (for me at least) at some point wasting time on SBR for a few hundred bucks a year isn't worth it anymore.

Want sbrchat? Rejected.

As for this contest, 2 specific things. Cut down on ghosts (some kind of verification) and get it pro only. We all know there's not 2300 (a rough guess on users in the contest without looking) people lurking on this site. I would wager a substantial chunk of money that less than 2% of "New Users" in the contest became members here. I would also wager that of those 2%, *maybe* 5 people (likely less) deposited at a sportsbook using an sbr affiliate link.
    bro, i always get sbrchat

my IP must be on "speed dial" at the office with a warning sound

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    bro, i always get sbrchat

my IP must be on "speed dial" at the office with a warning sound

Optional

Want sbrchat? Rejected.

Do you ever notice the current viewer numbers for each forum? It's quite high right now across most forums.

In fact a new all time record for most people online at one time was set just a month ago on 9th December.

"obvious foot traffic problem" is almost the opposite of facts.

"SBR's model is to get it's users to deposit at sportsbooks" I guess its normal for people who have never used SBR to imagine that's how it works... but seriously, when was the last time that you joined a sportsbook using an SBR referral? Or felt forced to join any book as an SBR referral?

Also, "setting up a discord" and promoting it here would work against SBR and its business. We want people here, not on your bloody discord. No wonder you get yelled at if you keep trying that one!

I'm sorry if you feel like your suggestions are ignored... but really, you should try to understand the site you are offering suggestions to at least a little bit before expecting to be taken notice of.

And honestly if you think Reddit offers what you want in comparison to SBR, this site is just not for you. Reddit is a swamp of false rumors and dodgy moderators trying to run their own scams. Drama and entertainment I guess. But useful reliable info on sport or anything else... 0 out of 10.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

I'll jump on the bandwagon of those saying you need to further limit the number of weeks a non-pro can free roll before having to s*** or get off the pot. It's one thing to show off the site's great contests and offers and offering the new users to "wet their beak" to entice them to stay, but at the same time, you have to maintain the value of the pro membership by making sure there is a feel of exclusivity or benefit to having it and letting non-pro's free roll for so many weeks devalues the membership.

Hell, you can't even buy a $5 rotisserie chicken at Costco until you pony up the $60 for a basic membership.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikejamm

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

Do you ever notice the current viewer numbers for each forum? It's quite high right now across most forums.In fact a new all time record for most people online at one time was set just a month ago on 9th December."obvious foot traffic problem" is almost the opposite of facts.
    Feel free to publish that data for the last 5 years, I'd love to see it right or wrong.
    "SBR's model is to get it's users to deposit at sportsbooks" I guess its normal for people who have never used SBR to imagine that's how it works... but seriously, when was the last time that you joined a sportsbook using an SBR referral? Or felt forced to join any book as an SBR referral?
    Then please elaborate, what specifically is SBR's model? I'm in the US where it's illegal anyway, so it;s no wonder I don't use them.
    Also, "setting up a discord" and promoting it here would work against SBR and its business. We want people here, not on your bloody discord. No wonder you get yelled at if you keep trying that one!
    I'm not wanting to setup a discord, or have people join *my* discord, of which I don't have one. I want SBR to setup some form of chat, be it sbr chat or discord or whatever.
    I'm sorry if you feel like your suggestions are ignored... but really, you should try to understand the site you are offering suggestions to at least a little bit before expecting to be taken notice of.
    This isn't a feeling. It's flat out not being responded to in PM or in threads when asking rational questions
    And honestly if you think Reddit offers what you want in comparison to SBR, this site is just not for you. Reddit is a swamp of false rumors and dodgy moderators trying to run their own scams. Drama and entertainment I guess. But useful reliable info on sport or anything else... 0 out of 10.
    Your opinion on what you think is a scam not withstanding, the reddit site layout and format is light years ahead of SBR. And to suggest that Reddit has it's own scam artists while SBR doesn't is laughable.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

Again, I'm not trashing SBR. I'm wanting to improve it

Optional

Feel free to publish that data for the last 5 years, I'd love to see it right or wrong.Then please elaborate, what specifically is SBR's model? I'm in the US where it's illegal anyway, so it;s no wonder I don't use them.I'm not wanting to setup a discord, or have people join *my* discord, of which I don't have one. I want SBR to setup some form of chat, be it sbr chat or discord or whatever. This isn't a feeling. It's flat out not being responded to in PM or in threads when asking rational questionsYour opinion on what you think is a scam not withstanding, the reddit site layout and format is light years ahead of SBR. And to suggest that Reddit has it's own scam artists while SBR doesn't is laughable.
    You were the one who said they knew what SBR's model was. I was pointing out that what you said does not appear to match what happens here. At all. Not saying I know the full magic formula or would share it if I did. And cant give you 5 years data, but that was a genuine all time record set on 9th Dec.

A live chat channel for the site might be good again. I thought you were saying use the Discord app.

First 1234 Last