Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Fix is no way....your saying a head coach n some players were in on it...im.awaiting criminal charges
    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    *for entertainment purposes only

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Someone in the media must have noticed the wasted timeouts and asked the question?

Can't see any news story mentioning it via google.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    Honestly I think Belichick just thought escape half time with it tied and wake the team up during half time.

He doesn't trust the offense as they have been awful all year and already thrown a pick 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    This would make sense if the time left in the half was less than it actually was and/or you didn't have all three timeouts. You can't just throw away an entire possession in a tie ballgame... This isn't basketball, possessions are limited. Also, it's the Dolphins and you're at home... You really gonna played scared if you're Belichick/Brady? That doesn't sound like a winning formula.

The pick-six itself was head shaker. Literally zero pressure on Brady and he just floats one into no-man's land.
    ding ding ding....... survey says!

It's just that simple (the bolded quote)

read through this entire thread

embarrassing

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    For whatever reason it was the Patriots responsibility to roll over and play dead today, I guess because the league wanted to give the Chiefs a bye this year since they always end up playing in Foxboro.

This was basically a playoff game for New England (so they could bypass the wildcard round and advance directly to the divisional round) and they were flat as a pancake against one of the league's worst teams. Little chance this was just an upset because upsets happen.

Case in point, the Patriots were tied 10-10 late in the first half and the Dolphins had just conceded a possession by running on 3rd and long with around 1:45 on the clock... Patriots had ALL THREE TIMEOUTS and swallowed them.

Since when does a team who just forced a punt and has their full allotment of timeouts just say "fukk it" and head to the locker-room in a tie ballgame? Especially a team with championship pedigree and Tom Brady at the helm?

LOL game was fake af
    Could just b pats arrogance

Trying to shorten the gm cs a team they never thought would beat them

killakam
    killakam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

This game proves that the pats weren't cheating.

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    3 Belichicks on Patriots coaching staff

this has to end.
    https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/20...k-sheds-light/
    they could put his Daughter right on the Pats offensive line, make it a true family affair

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Someone in the media must have noticed the wasted timeouts and asked the question?

Congress might investigate I’m hearing.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

It wouldn't make a media splash unless it occurred at the end of the game.

Doesn't make it any less egregious though.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Last edited by jtoler; 12-30-19 at 01:52 PM.

scot4
    scot4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2928

I agree with the arrogance theory. Who knows maybe the flu bug is still around. Can't give an inferior opponent hope. I didn't watch the game I'm a chiefs fan so was watching that. Could believe belichek just wanted to get to half and regroup. Kc is a weird team. They've done better on the road than home. Wonder if Kraft will stop for a massage before the next game

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13533

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    There no evidence that the pats are good this year. They beat bunch of shitty teams., Fish play them tough one time every year, now their coach knows pats well. Pats offense rates incredibly poorly so dunno why it a surprise?
    This. Been overrated all year. Have they won a BIG game against a top team? Think they've lost them all.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    This. Been overrated all year. Have they won a BIG game against a top team? Think they've lost them all.
    Agreed.
    Team is a mere shell of the teams from yesteryear.
    Brady is 100 years old who doesn’t have Gronk to throw to anymore not to mention block for him.
    The only reliable receiver he has is a creaky boned Edelman and he’s getting old too.
    The running backs are decent, not good nor shit. Serviceable is the right word and no tight end game what so ever.

The defense was good but got good on sub par teams early in the season. Good but overrated.

The special teams are in shambles, they were forced to settle on Folk as the place kicker after going through a weekly merry go round of weekly rejects.

And just as importantly the hooded head coach has seen the game pass him by.
    He’s been severely out coached several times this year.

The glory days are finished, it’s back to 9-7 seasons for New England.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

really strange of the pats a minute left all 3 timeouts and they run the clock out

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Now that Patriots lost the Wildcard game, suggesting a "thrown cover" by the Patriots to kill any Teasers thru 0 in the Tennessee game, might have some merit.

Go back and look at the that pick 6 interception throw from his own end zone to seal the game.

If you are Brady, what are you doing making that particular decision to throw it short there???

Patriots needed a deep bomb throw, maybe hope for a Pass Interference flag, with just seconds left on the clock.

Why did they attempt a 5-yard slant in that situation?

Before you say this is sour grapes about a losing bet, I actually bet Tenn +5 and posted that pregame in my NFL thread.

I'm just trying to see if any reasonable explanation could be given for that play choice. Brady didn't even face pressure and made the throw pretty quickly to about the 7 yard line, which got deflected on a missed catch by the receiver, and resulting in a Titans pick-6

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pats really were not good most of the year

Not surprised yesterday

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Pats dynasty rip

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

they were what we thought they were
    there were no tricks this time

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

as sports betting becomes legal in more places we are seeing more and more fixes

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Agreed.
    Team is a mere shell of the teams from yesteryear.
    Brady is 100 years old who doesn’t have Gronk to throw to anymore not to mention block for him.
    The only reliable receiver he has is a creaky boned Edelman and he’s getting old too.
    The running backs are decent, not good nor shit. Serviceable is the right word and no tight end game what so ever.

The defense was good but got good on sub par teams early in the season. Good but overrated.

The special teams are in shambles, they were forced to settle on Folk as the place kicker after going through a weekly merry go round of weekly rejects.

And just as importantly the hooded head coach has seen the game pass him by.
    He’s been severely out coached several times this year.

The glory days are finished, it’s back to 9-7 seasons for New England.
    As I was saying......

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

what if Bill Belichek and Tom Brady both get recruited by David Pepper

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4178

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    Now that Patriots lost the Wildcard game, suggesting a "thrown cover" by the Patriots to kill any Teasers thru 0 in the Tennessee game, might have some merit.

Go back and look at the that pick 6 interception throw from his own end zone to seal the game.

If you are Brady, what are you doing making that particular decision to throw it short there???

Patriots needed a deep bomb throw, maybe hope for a Pass Interference flag, with just seconds left on the clock.

Why did they attempt a 5-yard slant in that situation?

Before you say this is sour grapes about a losing bet, I actually bet Tenn +5 and posted that pregame in my NFL thread.

I'm just trying to see if any reasonable explanation could be given for that play choice. Brady didn't even face pressure and made the throw pretty quickly to about the 7 yard line, which got deflected on a missed catch by the receiver, and resulting in a Titans pick-6
    I was going to point out the same thing but I've done enough of that already in colllege games and pros. Most of these things just add up to telling you it's WWF wrestling. People are too dumb to get it, or they want to believe in Santa Claus still..........

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    I was going to point out the same thing but I've done enough of that already in colllege games and pros. Most of these things just add up to telling you it's WWF wrestling. People are too dumb to get it, or they want to believe in Santa Claus still..........
    You mean there’s no Santa Claus?

First 1234