Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Spurs need Chris Paul.

They need a general on the floor, they need a pick and roll passer, and they need a perimeter defender. Paul has proven to be one of the best pg defenders in basketball, even at his age now, and can open up the floor for guys like Aldridge who can't get any free buckets from his current set of PGs. Paul won't allow this type of nonsense that's been going on. A guy off the Kobe tree, Paul wouldn't be afraid to get in anyone's face when they don't do their job. Right now, I don't see anyone on the Spurs who behaves that way.

He's not a top 5 pg in the league anymore, but he doesn't make mistakes, and he plays his role to perfection.

This guy Forbes is one of the worst players I've ever seen. I don't even understand how he's starting for the prestigious San Antonio Spurs. Guy is a 3 point shooter with literally no other skills. Pitiful.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Goater has a sharp eye

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

You’re right. They aren’t old enough as it is.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lol

Another old
    Man that cannot carry a team
    Anywhere

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

please, need ja morant spurs need get younger

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    You’re right. They aren’t old enough as it is.
    We're talking about right now. Who's a better player, Chris Paul or Murray? Not even close. Paul better shooter, passer, defender, leader. Youth does not win rings. Pop is not looking for a rebuild. All those young and talented players -- Suns, Memphis, Knicks, Hawks -- where are all those teams going? Back to the lottery. AGAIN.

jjgold

Nba for young guys

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nba for young guys
    Why aren't the young teams succeeding then? Lebron is 34 and is the best player in basketball. All the best players are around 28 29 30 31 years old. All the teams with 22 year olds are lottery teams.

Support your statements with facts or get silenced.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    We're talking about right now. Who's a better player, Chris Paul or Murray? Not even close. Paul better shooter, passer, defender, leader. Youth does not win rings. Pop is not looking for a rebuild. All those young and talented players -- Suns, Memphis, Knicks, Hawks -- where are all those teams going? Back to the lottery. AGAIN.
    Rings? Seriously? The Spurs aren’t anywhere close to even contending for a playoff spot let alone a championship. The last thing they need is an over the hill point guard.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs needs Chris Paul when Paul was 29-30 and they grossly overpaid Aldridge. Paul is washed up now, their is no point is overpaying another mediocre point guard. Murray isn't the answer they are better with White at the point, but Paul is washed up and will be getting nearly 40 million at age 37.

thomorino

Why aren't the young teams succeeding then? Lebron is 34 and is the best player in basketball. All the best players are around 28 29 30 31 years old. All the teams with 22 year olds are lottery teams.

Paul isn't Lebron, and Lebron isn't the same player either. Paul was garbage last year and he was injury prone even when he was younger. Spurs need a young point guard who can shoot.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

What was the average age of GSW on their long run of domination?

jjgold

Lol Paul

Older guys breakdown late in games like Paul has

Paul is not 1/100th of the James so bad age comparison

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

they are done . no simple cure to their problems at the moment . roster is badly built . you need to start from the scratches.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

spurs need a new coach

popabitch is useless

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

He's easily top 5 of all time

You drunk?!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Lebron was the best player when he was young too.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

40 million reasons CP is the answer to no teams needs. A good contender doesn`t have the $$$ and the shit teams want to get better, not older.

Not quite sure, but never sniffed a ring and had a tendency to get injured come playoff time.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Spurs need more than CP3 and although Lebron is a top 6 NBA player right now he is not 2012 Lebron and I'd rather have Giannis or Harden or even Luka right here and now.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Spurs need more than CP3 and although Lebron is a top 6 NBA player right now he is not 2012 Lebron and I'd rather have Giannis or Harden or even Luka right here and now.
    Harden? You on the pipe bro?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

would be a good fit. he would have to rework that deal id imagine though

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

More 00s video game analysis... What are they gonna do with Paul, compete for a championship?

DeRozan & Aldridge wont be around much longer. Spurs will blow it up. Keep Mills around for his leadership, and make Murray the first piece of their rebuild. Then hope they get the talented big guy in the draft.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Harden? You on the pipe bro?
    Can't argue with Hollinger's 31 PER (Hollinger's efficiency rating) to James 28.5 and Harden adds almost one more win to the Rockets than James to the Lakers. Bottom line Harden is more efficient.

You can make a case for James, I'd rather have Harden.

2daBank

Can't argue with Hollinger's 31 PER (Hollinger's efficiency rating) to James 28.5 and Harden adds almost one more win to the Rockets than James to the Lakers. Bottom line Harden is more efficient.

You can make a case for James, I'd rather have Harden.
    In the playoffs when they stop giving him all those flop bs calls he pads his efficiency numbers with? In no secret why he don’t win in playoffs, they stop calling the ticky tack garbage that makes his ugly ass game.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    In the playoffs when they stop giving him all those flop bs calls he pads his efficiency numbers with? In no secret why he don’t win in playoffs, they stop calling the ticky tack garbage that makes his ugly ass game.
    OK, OK I get your point if you said 2012 James than yes but not 2019 James.
    Just my opinion.

2daBank

OK, OK I get your point if you said 2012 James than yes but not 2019 James.
    Just my opinion.
    You certainly entitled and for most part I’d value yours more than my own when it comes to nba since I rarely cap or follow it, just not with that guy. Lol. James will own him in playoffs #gay ass revenge tour. Lol

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Spurs need more then an aged and injury prone Chris Paul... Even Aldridge isn't playing up to his full potential..

Spurs suck this year plain and simple. Fans should welcome a rebuilding faze.. Dump Pop-a-Zit and force him to retire, move to a younger coach that is in the organization that will run the same Pop style system that preaches play hard starting on defense first..

This current team is a mess.. Pop looks burnt out to me..

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

Pop-a-Zit

Yeah it's time for him to retire. He's too old to be dealing with this AND team USA. They don't need a HOF coach, rather someone that can learn & grow with the new build.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Spurs need more then an aged and injury prone Chris Paul... Even Aldridge isn't playing up to his full potential..

Spurs suck this year plain and simple. Fans should welcome a rebuilding faze.. Dump Pop-a-Zit and force him to retire, move to a younger coach that is in the organization that will run the same Pop style system that preaches play hard starting on defense first..

This current team is a mess.. Pop looks burnt out to me..
    Team is indeed a big steaming pile of shit, losers of seven straight they haven't lost eight since the T-Rex roamed the back yard.
    Pops will go down as one of the GOAT coaches, the Robinson teams will go down as all time great teams too but all things must come to an end, Yankees of the 60's, for example.
    Pops needs to retire with all the accolaids due to him but it's time and a 26 year old Paul in his prime couldn't save this clusterfuck.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^Spurs nice Fade material when betting so look at that the bright side Warriors the same so far this year.. Can win money..

Just double up in the next game if they happen to cover.. Chances are neither team will cover the spread in 2 straight games any time soon.. That's holding true so far this year last I checked..

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

The age and the contract is the road block.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Harden? Beard? I can not deny he has figured out how to score a ton of points in the regular season.
    Dude plays no D and sucks the life out of movement and sharing. Only way I would want him on my team is to trade him to some bozo GM for players who actually care about team over stats.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

no offense to CP3 because he is one of the great point guards of this era but there is only a few teams that would benefit from his services. Spurs are not one of those teams. if anything, they need the anti Chris Paul. meaning they need to build around their core young players like Dejounte murray & Lonnie walker. time to hit the rebuild button in San Antonio. it was a helluva run.

thomorino

The spurs just gave Murray 60 million zero chance they make this move.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Spurs had a good run.. It's there time to start throwing in the towel and rebuilding like every storied franchise... Spurs are not immune to it just like the Warriors..

12 Last