2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    It's Bama....They get the Bellicheat Kraft treatment. Same team. One collegiate, one professional.
    See adjusted post above.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    There is no way they better than 6th, outta be more like 7-8. If they in top 5-6 you prob be right tho.

I agree they one of the 4 best but they simply haven’t earned it. If they get put in they might as well stop playing reg season and just start every year by saying “we like these 4 teams, there your playoff!”. Bogus.
    Bingo!! If this Alabama team didn't have the name Alabama, they would not be in the top 4. But since they do....Lol

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Bingo!! If this Alabama team didn't have the name Alabama, they would not be in the top 4. But since they do....Lol
    If you asking me who the best 4 bama is def one of them. I don’t care tho, I’m a big believer in ppl or teams earning things and they have in no way earned a spot. Only way they rightfully get in would be if a handful of others shit the bed.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

If you asking me who the best 4 bama is def one of them. I don’t care tho, I’m a big believer in ppl or teams earning things and they have in no way earned a spot. Only way they rightfully get in would be if a handful of others shit the bed.
    Ya, unfortunately this thing is all about politics and not who is actually more deserving.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Saban says teams won't sign up to play them OOC hence the weak sched.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Saban says teams won't sign up to play them OOC hence the weak sched.
    Garbage. Offer a home and home and he'd have no problem scheduling better schools.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Garbage. Offer a home and home and he'd have no problem scheduling better schools.
    Or at a neutral. usc and FSU and others are ok playing then on a neutral like dallas or Atlanta

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The Chairman of the Selection Committee is Rob Mullens, the AD at Oregon. He cannot discuss Oregon and cannot even be in the room, but that still has to be a big plus for Oregon if they run the table. There are also two other Pac 12 representatives on the committee. Paola Boivan, a professor at Arizona State, and Ronnie Lott, the super NFL star and USC graduate. Both of those members do get to vote for Oregon. The SEC has two members, Scott Stricklin, the Florida AD and R.C. Slocum, former head coach at Texas A&M. That will help Georgia for a while, but Georgia has to run the table. I do not think the committee will vote Alabama in at the expense of a one loss Conference Champion.

roy292
    roy292's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Alabama number 4 in the AP and coaches poll.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Bama shouldn't get in.

If you can't win your own division, you don't deserve to be in the playoff.

They may very well be one of the 4 best teams but they just got dominated in their biggest game of the year at home. That game wasn't as close as the final score.

Bama hasn't beaten a ranked team yet......
    You making different arguments in same statement, I agree they don’t deserve to be in but I disagree with it having to do with winning their own division. If one division of sec has 3 teams better than the entire pac 12 (which they do since auburn beat pac12 best) then winning division shouldn’t necessarily be a requirement,

Far as game not being as close as score and then being “dominated”, that some more bs. If wasn’t for the awful call where wr went out then back in before catching inexplicably being called a catch bama wins that game.

I get it you want Sooners in but if it between bama and Sooners we all rather see bama cause Sooners have done nothing impressive and have no business in playoff for winning a garbage big12

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

2daBank. Remember it does not matter who "we" would rather see in. The Committee makes that selection and they could care less about who you and I want to see in. I also think that you are way off in your thinking about Oregon. They lost what amounted to a road game to
    Auburn by 6 point on a late Auburn TD drive. If you really think that Auburn could defeat Oregon today, I would love to take your money or betpoints. Alas, that will not happen either. You guys act as if you get to make the decisions. You do not. The Committee makes the decisions and there is a world of politics that go on in that room. Alabama played one solid team and got their butts kicked at home. The game was not as close as the final score indicated. Do not blame the officials for 'Bama's terrible defense. Bottom line. If Ohio State, LSU, and Clemson go undefeated, then a one loss team that wins it's conference becomes the #4 team and goes into the playoffs. I will wager any amount of money or anything else that you want on that. But it has to be that scenario.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30424

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    2daBank. Remember it does not matter who "we" would rather see in. The Committee makes that selection and they could care less about who you and I want to see in. I also think that you are way off in your thinking about Oregon. They lost what amounted to a road game to
    Auburn by 6 point on a late Auburn TD drive. If you really think that Auburn could defeat Oregon today, I would love to take your money or betpoints. Alas, that will not happen either. You guys act as if you get to make the decisions. You do not. The Committee makes the decisions and there is a world of politics that go on in that room. Alabama played one solid team and got their butts kicked at home. The game was not as close as the final score indicated. Do not blame the officials for 'Bama's terrible defense. Bottom line. If Ohio State, LSU, and Clemson go undefeated, then a one loss team that wins it's conference becomes the #4 team and goes into the playoffs. I will wager any amount of money or anything else that you want on that. But it has to be that scenario.
    Can Oklahoma get in over Oregon or Utah?

2daBank

As usual telling me I’m way off means your reading comprehension is poor or you just flat out wrong. Cause rarely Am i way off on anything I speak on.

If you don’t think the committee cares who we wanna see you don’t really understand how money and athletics work. Why you think they show favoritism to the big names? Cause they draw viewers. Now piss off, I got better things to do than school you.,

Far as taking my money? Boy I post winning thread every week, show us sometime or stop with the pretend sharp garbage, clown.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Can Oklahoma get in over Oregon or Utah?
    yes, if they win impressively over Baylor twice (once in Waco and second time in B1G title game) and then beat Okie Lite convincingly.

this past weekend's near miss v Iowa State did not help their cause.

BTW I'm a Sooner fan LOL

homie1975

tomorrow night's official rankings by the CFP will tell us what the committee thinks of Bama.

you do recall that in 2016 tOSU did NOT win the B1G conf but they still got in the playoff ??

committee's job is to take the 4 teams they believe are the best.

conf title only comes into play if two teams look identical to them. then conf title is the tiebreaker between the teams.

2daBank

tomorrow night's official rankings by the CFP will tell us what the committee thinks of Bama.

you do recall that in 2016 tOSU did NOT win the B1G conf but they still got in the playoff ??

committee's job is to take the 4 teams they believe are the best.

conf title only comes into play if two teams look identical to them. then conf title is the tiebreaker between the teams.
    Pretty confident their job is to take the teams they think draw and travel the best! ABM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Committee loves them

If they win out they might get in

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Wrong, that's all they care about. More viewers, more money. Why do you think they have a tv show every week revealing the latests rankings? And it's "couldn't care less". If you insist on maintaining your "I'm smarter/sharper than all you broke diks" schtick at least use the phrase properly.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Wrong, that's all they care about. More viewers, more money. Why do you think they have a tv show every week revealing the latests rankings? And it's "couldn't care less". If you insist on maintaining your "I'm smarter/sharper than all you broke diks" schtick at least use the phrase properly.
    Unfortunately for him every one his post totally contradicts his bogus self image he tries to portray. Dude about as sharp as a bowling ball and has less personality than one.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Duke, New Mexico St, Southern Mississippi, Western Carolina.

You can't make the playoff when you play these teams.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Unfortunately for him every one his post totally contradicts his bogus self image he tries to portray. Dude about as sharp as a bowling ball and has less personality than one.
    ever since he called you out for sword fighting you guys have been in a fight.

Kiss and make up guys

rainmaker82
    rainmaker82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

I think Alabama is still in a spot to still get in. I think the committee will have them at 5th right behind Georgia, ready to slide right into the top 4. Until it happens I don't think the committee will keep them out of the playoffs, especially if they blast these last 3 opponents.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker82 View Post
    I think Alabama is still in a spot to still get in. I think the committee will have them at 5th right behind Georgia, ready to slide right into the top 4. Until it happens I don't think the committee will keep them out of the playoffs, especially if they blast these last 3 opponents.
    and what's crazy is that Georgia lost to SoCaro at home which is looking more unforgivable by the week. SoCaro is average at best.

Georgia did beat ND but the luster is off that win also, and the win over FLA won't look so great when the year is over because i think FLA still has losses in them.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Remember Ohio St still has to play michigan and Penn st.Its not a lock their in the Big 10 title game.

You could see Penn st playing minny again in that..not likely but stranger things have happend

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Just stop

I loved talking about 12 vs 5 seeds in march madness when i was in high school

which is where these comments should take place

You guys need to grow up and just let them play

we can discuss top 4 after conference championships

saloon thread

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Remember Ohio St still has to play michigan and Penn st.Its not a lock their in the Big 10 title game.

You could see Penn st playing minny again in that..not likely but stranger things have happend
    penn state goes to c-bus. i think there is a much, much higher chance ohio state loses at michigan as the game is in ann arbor. it might seem like an outside chance, but some very cold weather could be just what the doctor ordered to slow down that ohio state speed edge

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Just stop

I loved talking about 12 vs 5 seeds in march madness when i was in high school

which is where these comments should take place

You guys need to grow up and just let them play

we can discuss top 4 after conference championships

saloon thread
    Rudy
    we are enjoying the discussion. why do you hate people having fun?

RudyRuetigger

Rudy
    we are enjoying the discussion. why do you hate people having fun?
    they will play it out on the field

why imagine scenarios

we will see after the conference championship

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    If your team is playing a home game and Trump decides to attend you can count it as a loss.
    Small sample size. Sounds like the pollsters before the 2016 election.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

LSU should win out their remaining three conference games before heading to the SEC Championship game.
    They should roll Mississippi on the road Saturday (LSU is -21)
    Week after that LSU has Arky, no problem there.
    The last game they better be careful, LSU closes out against Texas A&M
    I'm not saying the Aggies win outright, but they could if they play near flawless ball.
    Aggies are 6-3 all three losses to top 10 teams. They played Clemson tight, they lost to Auburn 28-20, and 'Bama blew them out.
    Mark LSU down as a mortal lock to make the playoffs.

Ohio State right now according to me is the best team in the nation.
    Buckeyes are -51.5 on the road at Rutgers Saturday.
    However they could lose to Penn State (it's a possibility) and the closer against Michigan they could get upset if they have a brain fart.
    Even a one loss Ohio State team is still a mortal lock for the playoffs.

Clemson will go to the ACC title game undefeated, they have Wake and South Carolina left to play.

OK, I have Clemson, LSU, and Ohio State as mortal locks.
    That leaves one team.
    Alabama is the best one loss team in the nation and barring any brain farts will be the fourth team in.
    Having said that it would behoove 'Bama to win out and with the SEC title game too (if they get there, right now it looks like Georgia vs. LSU)

My guy Jeff Sagarin says Oregon is the second best one loss team in the land followed by Penn State, Georgia, and Okie.

Personally I would love to see Oregon sneak in, the Nasher household is an Alabama household but seriously I'm tired of them every year.

Auburn, Western Carolina (how did they get on the schedule?) and Miss. State left to play.

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

Ohio State got in in 2016 because of their road win @ Oklahoma. That is how they "showed" they were unequivocally better than other teams they were up against for playoff spot after not even winning their division.

Bama got #4 seed when they didnt win their division because they had a better schedule that year. Played FSU in 1st game when Francois was healthy and FSU was preseason #3.

This years Bama doesn't have that. Beating Auburn wont be it. Will they be in discussion? Of course. But Bama has nothing to hang their hat on relative to previous 2 instances above. Or the committee cant point to anything to validate putting them in other than Bama brand this year .

Can they still get in? Of course. But it's an uphill climb. If Bama has to point to losing a home game as best reason to be in, that's a sad comment on this years schedule.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

For an ex con, who is drunk or on drugs most of the time, can only get a woman if he buys her, is restricted to where he can and cannot go, and cannot afford to wager $100.00, you have a real big mouth. I guess you really miss those loving moments with other men in prison. In other words, shove it where the sun don 't shine. You peons are pathetic.

RudyRuetigger

Bama out

SEC 1 team unless UGA beats LSU then UGA and LSU in as long as UGA doesnt lose to anyone else in reg season

thats it

close thread

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    LSU should win out their remaining three conference games before heading to the SEC Championship game.
    They should roll Mississippi on the road Saturday (LSU is -21)
    Week after that LSU has Arky, no problem there.
    The last game they better be careful, LSU closes out against Texas A&M
    I'm not saying the Aggies win outright, but they could if they play near flawless ball.
    Aggies are 6-3 all three losses to top 10 teams. They played Clemson tight, they lost to Auburn 28-20, and 'Bama blew them out.
    Mark LSU down as a mortal lock to make the playoffs.

Ohio State right now according to me is the best team in the nation.
    Buckeyes are -51.5 on the road at Rutgers Saturday.
    However they could lose to Penn State (it's a possibility) and the closer against Michigan they could get upset if they have a brain fart.
    Even a one loss Ohio State team is still a mortal lock for the playoffs.

Clemson will go to the ACC title game undefeated, they have Wake and South Carolina left to play.

OK, I have Clemson, LSU, and Ohio State as mortal locks.
    That leaves one team.
    Alabama is the best one loss team in the nation and barring any brain farts will be the fourth team in.
    Having said that it would behoove 'Bama to win out and with the SEC title game too (if they get there, right now it looks like Georgia vs. LSU)

My guy Jeff Sagarin says Oregon is the second best one loss team in the land followed by Penn State, Georgia, and Okie.

Personally I would love to see Oregon sneak in, the Nasher household is an Alabama household but seriously I'm tired of them every year.

Auburn, Western Carolina (how did they get on the schedule?) and Miss. State left to play.
    Your guy is not worth a crap. Alabama is nowhere near as good as you seem to think they are. Who have they beaten? They lose to the ONLY ranked team they played, and the game was not as close as the score indicated. LSU wins out and ends up #1 because they actually played somebody, which is more than anyone can say for 'Bama. Ohio State is the #@2 pick which is too bad for them, because they really have problems against the #3 pick, Clemson. If LSU defeates the #4 pick, (Oregon, or OU if either or both win out) they win it all, because the Championship Game is what amounts to a home game for them, being played in New Orleans. Grab them now, while you can still get a decent price.

RudyRuetigger

Your guy is not worth a crap. Alabama is nowhere near as good as you seem to think they are. Who have they beaten? They lose to the ONLY ranked team they played, and the game was not as close as the score indicated. LSU wins out and ends up #1 because they actually played somebody, which is more than anyone can say for 'Bama. Ohio State is the #@2 pick which is too bad for them, because they really have problems against the #3 pick, Clemson. If LSU defeates the #4 pick, (Oregon, or OU if either or both win out) they win it all, because the Championship Game is what amounts to a home game for them, being played in New Orleans. Grab them now, while you can still get a decent price.
    i hope one of your kids wrote that because it is busch league

First 12345 Last