hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Why would the Air Force Coach do this?

They are up 41-17 with around 2 minutes left in the game. The spread is AF by 19. Air Force coach decides to go for it at his own 21 yard line on 4th down and 1. They don't get it. Spartans drive in quick and score and cover. Why wouldn't this coach punt in this situation? I would say some other things right now, but I won't even bother. I'm sure some of you would guess it. Anyway, it made absolutely zero sense and I don't recall ever seeing a coach pull that in a game in my life.

This game reminds me why I shouldn't be wagering. Should I ask for a refund on that? I'm full tilt.

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

Ow that hurt

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Same reason San Jose st coached refused to kick fgs and kept coming away w nothing in red zone all night. Felt like justice to me.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

prob cuz coach doesnt care about betting line

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    They are up 41-17 with around 2 minutes left in the game. The spread is AF by 19. Air Force coach decides to go for it at his own 21 yard line on 4th down and 1. They don't get it. Spartans drive in quick and score and cover. Why wouldn't this coach punt in this situation? I would say some other things right now, but I won't even bother. I'm sure some of you would guess it. Anyway, it made absolutely zero sense and I don't recall ever seeing a coach pull that in a game in my life.

This game reminds me why I shouldn't be wagering. Should I ask for a refund on that? I'm full tilt.
    Coach probably knew the line.... and called a play that he knew they wouldn't make it. Wagering in 2019.

In all reasonable aspects.... you punt the football.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Coach probably knew the line.... and called a play that he knew they wouldn't make it. Wagering in 2019.

In all reasonable aspects.... you punt the football.
    He called the same play they run all game, option teams often go for it on 4th and 1..

If either was trying to influence spread the dip shit sjst coach would have took all the fgs he should have and they cover easy without the shit at the end.

Nobody on af wants to talk about that. San Jose st was in red zone 4 fukkin times where they got no points. The 1st 2 times the game was tied!! If he takes the damn Fgs then af never has shot at covering.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Probably because if they convert the 4th and 1 they could kneel it out.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Probably because if they convert the 4th and 1 they could kneel it out.
    Option teams often do this.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    He called the same play they run all game, option teams often go for it on 4th and 1..

If either was trying to influence spread the dip shit sjst coach would have took all the fgs he should have and they cover easy without the shit at the end.

Nobody on af wants to talk about that. San Jose st was in red zone 4 fukkin times where they got no points. The 1st 2 times the game was tied!! If he takes the damn Fgs then af never has shot at covering.

lol. yeah he planned that the whole game to make sure the other team covered the 19 lol. part of the "script" lol. congrats man.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

I saw that. They never kicked fg's. They thought they couldn't win unless they kept going for touchdowns and 2 point conversions. But wait, why didn't they go for 2 point conversions on their touchdowns then? Was it not mathematically correct? LOL....LMAO....thanks for the screw coach. So basically somebody was going to get screwed they had to make up their minds.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Option teams often do this.
    Yes, especially teams like Army, Navy, and AF. The coach knows he has a win already why not go for it if you know 1 yard gives you victory formation instead of punting and having to send your defense out on a prolonged last few minutes. I can see why people are pissed but I highly doubt a coach of AF is trying to fix games.

2daBank

I saw that. They never kicked fg's. They thought they couldn't win unless they kept going for touchdowns and 2 point conversions. But wait, why didn't they go for 2 point conversions on their touchdowns then? Was it not mathematically correct? LOL....LMAO....thanks for the screw coach. So basically somebody was going to get screwed they had to make up their minds.
    Lol. I won but honestly think both sides kinda deserved to lose.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Lol. I won but honestly think both sides kinda deserved to lose.
    I had this as a play in pick 6. I looked at the score when I was leaving work 41-10 with 4 to go. Instantly took it as a loss then saw this thread and so I checked the score and couldn't believe it. Luckily I was on the right side of something like this for once this year.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes, especially teams like Army, Navy, and AF. The coach knows he has a win already why not go for it if you know 1 yard gives you victory formation instead of punting and having to send your defense out on a prolonged last few minutes. I can see why people are pissed but I highly doubt a coach of AF is trying to fix games.
    That's cool. I don't watch much option team football. I saw Army against Michigan and a few other games per year. Going for it on their own 21 yard line....I've never seen them do that though. Like I said, I haven't watched it every week or anything though so....I get the idea of running out the clock and putting the game away if they get the first down. I suppose not having to change to defense and slow the game down and just get it over with, etc. I get all that. This might happen way more than I think too because the game was already over and the coach isn't worried about the other team scoring in garbage time anyway. Sometimes, you got to wonder what's going on though.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

I had this as a play in pick 6. I looked at the score when I was leaving work 41-10 with 4 to go. Instantly took it as a loss then saw this thread and so I checked the score and couldn't believe it. Luckily I was on the right side of something like this for once this year.
    So you're thinking that sucks. That's probably over with. Then, later you see they win. Imagine the reverse. Sitting her thinking yeah, that one looks good as a win. It's no sure thing, but it appears that way now. Then, they get to 4th down and you're thinking ahh. They punt here very doubtful SJS can drive down with clock time so low. Oh no, he's going for it? What? They didn't get it. A certain WTF moment in sports wagering. As were the lack thereof of FG's and 2 point conversion attempts for SJS. WTF moments. Why WTF? What are you doing? WTF are you doing? ETC.

2daBank

Lol. I used it too!! Sjst seriously passed up like 4 chip shot fgs tho, plus dumb Mfers couldn’t field the kickoff after af scored to start 2nd half. Honestly sjst shoulda been in this game they just kept kicking themselves over and over and over.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Lol. I used it too!! Sjst seriously passed up like 4 chip shot fgs tho, plus dumb Mfers couldn’t field the kickoff after af scored to start 2nd half. Honestly sjst shoulda been in this game they just kept kicking themselves over and over and over.
    This is the best so far I've seen them play since I can recall. I don't follow college like the NFL but if I'm right they haven't been all that good in decades?

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Pick 6 for what contest?

unde0087
    Did we win?

So you're thinking that sucks. That's probably over with. Then, later you see they win. Imagine the reverse. Sitting her thinking yeah, that one looks good as a win. It's no sure thing, but it appears that way now. Then, they get to 4th down and you're thinking ahh. They punt here very doubtful SJS can drive down with clock time so low. Oh no, he's going for it? What? They didn't get it. A certain WTF moment in sports wagering. As were the lack thereof of FG's and 2 point conversion attempts for SJS. WTF moments. Why WTF? What are you doing? WTF are you doing? ETC.
    Ya, it sucks. We have all been down this river before and will be down it again and again as long as we continue to gamble.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Pick 6 for what contest?
    Look up one thread, the thread with the giant "join now" orange sign

2daBank

Ya, it sucks. We have all been down this river before and will be down it again and again as long as we continue to gamble.
    Charge it to the game., Key is remembering the good when you get the bad. Most gamblers wanna think they always get shafted. Lol

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Look up one thread, the thread with the giant "join now" orange sign
    LOL...okay thanks. I was full tilt and didn't look at anything except start new thread.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Same reason San Jose st coached refused to kick fgs and kept coming away w nothing in red zone all night. Felt like justice to me.
    I hear that.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

any team who run option gonna think they can get a yard and with game basically won why not they had 369 yds rushing prob had backups in and letting them get some 4th and 1 action. as a gamblers u know the coach aint thinking about your spread

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    any team who run option gonna think they can get a yard and with game basically won why not they had 369 yds rushing prob had backups in and letting them get some 4th and 1 action. as a gamblers u know the coach aint thinking about your spread
    Not that i think I made some great play but it was backups and I told guys once af got a lead they would look to salt clock away cause they got navy on deck. They ran 9 minutes off 4th qrtr clock in one drive!!