Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    1a. People who think they know it all

Sammy non pro

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

That's another thing.

We can never know it all and must constantly adapt, constantly running tests. I often prepare for a season in the off season.

Seeing where the market has been and is now can tell us where it is going, or at least help guide us.

In that sense, there is always more to learn, for all of us. The learning can never stop.

Knowing that is better than trying to know it all. Knowing that can give you confidence that you do know enough to know you can't know it all.

The other side tends to get the ego. That ego, like the OP said, will basically short circuit rational thinking in a way that emotions will and completely interrupt and altogether stop learning.

You see, the cycles feed on each other in ways that have to be understood in order to be able to conquer them.

While I'd like to attribute success to maturity, and failure to that lack of maturity, the facts are that maturity can have different meanings in this context and we all know that it's not about a changeable situation like maturity for some bettors.

For some bettors, many of these obstacles, including ego and ability to learn, can never be overcome.

It's just the nature of the diversity of humans.

BeYourself
    BeYourself's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    That's another thing.

We can never know it all and must constantly adapt, constantly running tests. I often prepare for a season in the off season.

Seeing where the market has been and is now can tell us where it is going, or at least help guide us.

In that sense, there is always more to learn, for all of us. The learning can never stop.

Knowing that is better than trying to know it all. Knowing that can give you confidence that you do know enough to know you can't know it all.

The other side tends to get the ego. That ego, like the OP said, will basically short circuit rational thinking in a way that emotions will and completely interrupt and altogether stop learning.

You see, the cycles feed on each other in ways that have to be understood in order to be able to conquer them.

While I'd like to attribute success to maturity, and failure to that lack of maturity, the facts are that maturity can have different meanings in this context and we all know that it's not about a changeable situation like maturity for some bettors.

For some bettors, many of these obstacles, including ego and ability to learn, can never be overcome.

It's just the nature of the diversity of humans.

powerful stuff.!

turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13715

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Never forget everyone loses except professional arbors, professional hedgers and professional bonus whores
    Well there are some amateur grinders that combine the above techniques with some handicapping to win enough to pay for a condo in Cabo. Also there is the tiniest percent of sports bettors playing at a different level then most of us who use machine learning to kick the sh*t out of props and openers.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Worrying about being peak stuck beats alot of potential winning amblers in my opinion. You are going to be peak stuck most of the time and if you are always chasing you will not have the right mind frame.

BeYourself
    BeYourself's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    Worrying about being peak stuck beats alot of potential winning amblers in my opinion. You are going to be peak stuck most of the time and if you are always chasing you will not have the right mind frame.
    To my long time observation,peak stuck is one of the biggest psychological problems for gamblers.I know one guy,that would reach 5 grand in winnings and for 2 years,each time would lose all money after reaching that point.unexplainable!!!

First 12