Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Houston rumors are spreading

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Any chance at buy out and Paul ends up in LA? For some reason see that happening if he goes to Houston

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Houston rumors are spreading
    Yes definitely sounds like a Morey trade. Will have to trade Paul straight up or Gordon and Capela with a 3rd team involved.

That will be an unmitigated disaster though IMO. Houston much better off just running it back.

They may even be in the running for Iguodala

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8973

South Beach

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Kinda shocked a mid level team like Boston or Milwaukee didn’t try for him. Hearing Raps wouldn’t trade SIAKEM for him was pretty odd to me. I see Siakem getting a huge pay day in a year or two and being mediocre.

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Yes definitely sounds like a Morey trade. Will have to trade Paul straight up or Gordon and Capela with a 3rd team involved.

That will be an unmitigated disaster though IMO. Houston much better off just running it back.

They may even be in the running for Iguodala

I'd still be interested in seeing it Harden and Westbrook would work.

As for Iggy, that dude is finished in my opinion.

I think his lack of contribution is what cost Golden State in the finals
    Last edited by Hman; 07-07-19 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Spelling

asiagambler

Westbrook just isn't a good team player. His best situation is only one more star who isn't an alpha kind of person (Paul George) and role players that all defer to him (Steven Adams).

I'm a little surprised the Thunder didn't take one more run at the title with the Warriors disbanding/hurt but can't really blame them for taking 100 1st round picks for a 2nd tier star.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    I'd still be interested in seeing it Harden and Westbrook would work.

As for Iggy, that dude is finished in my opinion.

I think his lack of contribution is what cost Golden State in the finals
    The main problem I think is that Harden is unquestionably the better player of the two and should be the #1 option at all times but Westbrook will see himself like that. It could maybe work for a few months being a new situation but long term or even a whole season, I just can't see it. Would be a disaster!

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The paul and westbrook contracts are both horrible, the problem is Westbrook can't play off the ball since he's a shit shooter, I don't see Harden and Westbrook working.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Would be funny if he went to Portland lmao

Hman

The main problem I think is that Harden is unquestionably the better player of the two and should be the #1 option at all times but Westbrook will see himself like that. It could maybe work for a few months being a new situation but long term or even a whole season, I just can't see it. Would be a disaster!

True but Russell is still a big assist and rebounds guy so never know.

You're probably right it will likely fail but I'd like to see it try first.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

Detroit wants him perfect Detroit needs a pg and send them back home town hero blake griffin

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

He will be a Timberwolves. Wolves will move Wiggins and his max deal to make space. You heard it here first.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Do a 3 way trade:

Miami gets CP3
    Houston gets Westbrook
    OKC gets Dragic, Olynyk

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Do a 3 way trade:

Miami gets CP3
    Houston gets Westbrook
    OKC gets Dragic, Olynyk
    Everything looks good except.... I don't think Miami would want to eat that CP3 contract. Don't know why any team would to be honest.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Could be an interesting spot. They have some young talent to trade. As a Magic fan, I wouldn’t
    mind it. They aren’t gonna win with the pieces they have now. Westbrook, Gordon, and Vucevic is a solid core. Who knows on Fultz, and Bamba. Send them both off with a bunch of draft picks, fck it. Gotta go for more than middle of the road every year.
    i like bamba. if okc is tanking fultz will be great there. and his contract probably expiring next year. it would be a fun team. definitely worth going to see.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

when pg was healthy russ deferred to him almost all the time. he never worked on his midrange game and thats a problem. if he had a stop on a dime short jumper or a little spin fade he could be a lot better. not a natural long range shooter. he would have been amazing in the 80s and 90s.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    when pg was healthy russ deferred to him almost all the time. he never worked on his midrange game and thats a problem. if he had a stop on a dime short jumper or a little spin fade he could be a lot better. not a natural long range shooter. he would have been amazing in the 80s and 90s.
    Yeah and that's really why he's such a terrible fit in Houston's system- he shot 29.0% from 3 last season and despite being horrible at them he just kept chucking them up at 5.6 attempts/game. Paul has declined a lot but I'm not certain Westbrook wouldn't make the Rockets worse.

To his credit though, I did notice he tried to facilitate more last season.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah and that's really why he's such a terrible fit in Houston's system- he shot 29.0% from 3 last season and despite being horrible at them he just kept chucking them up at 5.6 attempts/game. Paul has declined a lot but I'm not certain Westbrook wouldn't make the Rockets worse.

To his credit though, I did notice he tried to facilitate more last season.
    I mean he's a 43% career shooter so him not shooting well isn't surprising. he actually shot better fg% overall than his mvp season and added more rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals. the 3 pt shooting has been under 30% 4 of last 5 years so no shock there. his aggression was less as he took 4 less shots a game and 4 less ft's. i really don't know why every one freaked out on him this year. he only took 20 shots a game and avg one less turnover then he did his mvp season.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    South Beach
    It was 9 years ago, on this day that LeBron announced that he would take his talents to South Beach.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 466

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    seems like miami is the frontrunner

I get what people are saying bad contract etc, but this is a top 15 player, maybe even top 10

They dont come along so much and next years free agency class is weak compared to this one.

If miami gets him, they do a little tinkering, they should be set up for a nice season.

oklahoma wont even make the playoffs as of now, their own picks will be more valuable if they completely suck, so its in their best interest to get rid of him asap
    If Miami gets him pretty sure at some point Jimmy will knock westbrick out cold

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 466

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    I mean he's a 43% career shooter so him not shooting well isn't surprising. he actually shot better fg% overall than his mvp season and added more rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals. the 3 pt shooting has been under 30% 4 of last 5 years so no shock there. his aggression was less as he took 4 less shots a game and 4 less ft's. i really don't know why every one freaked out on him this year. he only took 20 shots a game and avg one less turnover then he did his mvp season.
    He lost in the first round yet again in 5 games and missed more shots than the rest of his team combined in the elimination game which I would be surprised if that ever has happened before.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8973

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    It was 9 years ago, on this day that LeBron announced that he would take his talents to South Beach.

Vice City, it suits him down to a tee

thomorino

If he does get moved its likely Detroit or Miami, and given Westbrook's preference to be in Miami and his long service to the team I think Presti tries to deal him there first, Riley is old, he wants to win now.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    If he does get moved its likely Detroit or Miami, and given Westbrook's preference to be in Miami and his long service to the team I think Presti tries to deal him there first, Riley is old, he wants to win now.
    Would be a perfect opportunity for the Pistons to try and move Drummond. Just wasted money on that klutz.

It would be a BLESSING TO MOVE HIM!!

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

The funny thing is that if he goes to Miami it’s like they gave up 2 draft picks to get him anyways since okc got two of their picks via lac in the PG trade

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    The funny thing is that if he goes to Miami it’s like they gave up 2 draft picks to get him anyways since okc got two of their picks via lac in the PG trade
    I don't see anyone having to give up anything to take Westbrook, his contract will be horrible on the back end.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    NBA is ridiculous

Stars run the league

Silver is a bitch boy
    It's unwatchable

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He’s not going to make any team better why would you want him

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

cp3 for westbrook?

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Okc has a real shot at developing the young stud they just acquired in SGA if they rid themselves of human cigarette westbrick.

In a few years, they could be a real contender without trading for mercs

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

To hell if he don’t change his ways!! Lol.

Miami!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He’s not going to make any team better why would you want him
    That not true. He would make a garbage bottom feeder better. He wouldn’t make many playoff teams much better but I bet you could stick him on some shitbag non playoff teams in the east and he could get them into playoffs.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

OKC managed to win one NBA finals game in ten years with three MVPs and Paul George

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    OKC managed to win one NBA finals game in ten years with three MVPs and Paul George
    Don’t you think he could take a bad team in the east into a playoff spot tho?

First 123 Last