franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

( W ) World Cup 2019 Thread

I really think this years W/Cup can be won by a number of different countries. The gap between contenders and pretenders is narrowing each and every year. The Latin American and African contingents would fall under the category of pretenders imo ( Yes Brazil included ). Of the 24 teams present , I feel safe in saying the following 7 countries are here for some experience only :

Nigeria
    Sth Africa
    Jamaica
    Argentina
    Chile
    Cameroon
    Thailand

The next category I consider teams that will compete in the Group stage but ultimately fall short of advancing :

New Zealand
    Scotland
    Italy

Group A : France will win the Group , while the game between South Korea and Norway should decide 2nd place

Group B : Germany are a very young side , but they have the pace and depth to win over Spain and China , who should settle the 2nd place spot between them

Group C : Brazil or Australia will take 1st while the loser should grab 2nd place over Italy and new comer Jamaica

Group D : I see England as a real contender this year , so Japan will have to settle for a 2nd place finish

Group E : Its a Homer play but they are capable of advancing to the semi's with a good draw. So I will back the Canucks to win out over The Dutch and the ever improving New Zealand side

Group F : This should be cake for the US , with only Sweden offering any sort of competition for them

Record : 0 - 0

I will post all my plays throughout the tournament in this thread.

BOL to all

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Spain to be competitive to win the group, they went to their federation in 2017 and demanded more funding, the team has gotten better since then, they looked good against the US in a friendly just several months ago.

franz555

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I like Spain to be competitive to win the group, they went to their federation in 2017 and demanded more funding, the team has gotten better since then, they looked good against the US in a friendly just several months ago.
    Agreed

I like them to blow out South Africa in their 1st game Saturday

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Posts some plays, franz. Let's get this thing going.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

lets go always up for some beaver ball

franz555

Sat June 8 :

Spain vs South Africa : 12pm EST

Spain -2 @ 1.79 ( 2 units )
    Spain -1 1st half @ 2.17 ( 1 unit )

Spain have made huge strides the past few years , and now are very capable of beating any team here, on any given day. South Africa are relative newcomers to women's football , as their past 2 friendlies suggest ( a 7 - 2 loss to Norway and 3 - 0 loss to USA ).

Norway vs Nigeria : 3pm EST

Norway -1.5 @ 1.97 ( 2 units )

This is as much a play supporting Norway as it is a fade against African teams.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

GL Franz

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

New Zealand are not good it pains me to say. I think they're regressing at the moment team was better last world cup, can't and won't score goals (might go through as a third place team). Dutch and Canada should cruise though.

Group D looks very interesting, Japan should top it obviously but England and Argentina could surprise. Brazil v Australia game should be good also.

Not a big fan of the third place qualifier competitions, makes for some terrible first round of knock outs as most should of been out anyway.

franz555

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    New Zealand are not good it pains me to say. I think they're regressing at the moment team was better last world cup, can't and won't score goals (might go through as a third place team). Dutch and Canada should cruise though.

Group D looks very interesting, Japan should top it obviously but England and Argentina could surprise. Brazil v Australia game should be good also.

Not a big fan of the third place qualifier competitions, makes for some terrible first round of knock outs as most should of been out anyway.
    Agree. New Zealand wont qualify past the Round Robin stage. Brazil and Australia should battle for 1st and 2nd. Canada and Dutch should coast. I like England to beat out Japan for 1st place , and see them going deep in this tournament .

Looking forward to it

Cheers

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post

I remember I had NZ +1.5 vs. Canada last WC. They were the most underrated team with England. Was heavily invested in the tournament at the time in 2015. Still got downloads of full matches of it on my harddrive.

franz555

2015 was a great tournament. Many memorable games. Great soccer and the added bonus of watching some very hot females from around the globe.

Just saying 😎

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

I had Germany dnb vs USA in the semis. Germany player missed penalty which changed the momentum of game and the US advanced. Damn you her franz! Celia Sasic was her name. Retires after tournament to raise a baby. smh

Last edited by Thrilla; 06-07-19 at 10:29 AM.

thomorino

Spain is clearly better than South Africa but South Africa plays a very defensive conservative style, it will be tough to score a lot on them, I'm leaning under in that game.

franz555

Spain is clearly better than South Africa but South Africa plays a very defensive conservative style, it will be tough to score a lot on them, I'm leaning under in that game.
    The goal differential in that Division could very well decide whether you go home or play on. If their is a game where Spain should pour it on and go for a good outcome , this is it. They have Germany and China after this game. Those are games to play with a bit of a conservative approach imo. So , I am in full agreeance with you when you say " Spain is clearly better than South Africa ", and they really need to come at them tomorrow. If South Africa can withstand 90+ minutes defending, then I tip my hat to them. Just don't see it

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by franz555 View Post

The goal differential in that Division could very well decide whether you go home or play on. If their is a game where Spain should pour it on and go for a good outcome , this is it. They have Germany and China after this game. Those are games to play with a bit of a conservative approach imo. So , I am in full agreeance with you when you say " Spain is clearly better than South Africa ", and they really need to come at them tomorrow. If South Africa can withstand 90+ minutes defending, then I tip my hat to them. Just don't see it
    Yeah this is a tough group for sure, I think China will be a solid team and Germany is decent, no great teams but no horrible teams. Spain is a very disciplined but not the most aggressive team, I see a 2-0 game unless Spain can score early and force South Africa to open up.

franz555

Live 7th min : France vs S.Kore ( W )

France 1st half @ 1.77 (2 units ))

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Live 7th min : France vs S.Kore ( W )

France 1st half @ 1.77 (2 units ))
    Did you get that before they scored? Nice

franz555

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Did you get that before they scored? Nice
    Just

Goal came in the 10th min . 3 minutes after i posted.

I mentioned in Morino's W/C post that i was hoping to get an in game wager in. Seems clear that France are going to roll over S.Korea , just didnt want to give the 2 goals to make it reasonable

thomorino

Just

Goal came in the 10th min . 3 minutes after i posted.

I mentioned in Morino's W/C post that i was hoping to get an in game wager in. Seems clear that France are going to roll over S.Korea , just didnt want to give the 2 goals to make it reasonable
    Yeah the Korean backup goaltender looks horrible, I do think Korea is a better team than this, they look nervous first game and France is a great team, but I think France keeps rolling

franz555

Yeah the Korean backup goaltender looks horrible, I do think Korea is a better team than this, they look nervous first game and France is a great team, but I think France keeps rolling
    YUP

All France

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Hosts France kicked off the FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019™ with a 4-0 victory over Korea Republic in Paris.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

this is for betting only

too many boy haircuts and bad players

I guess franz likes China since he didnt bet on germany, should be a 1 goal game

franz555

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    this is for betting only

too many boy haircuts and bad players

I guess franz likes China since he didnt bet on germany, should be a 1 goal game
    I Love Germany today. I have them on the back end of a 2 team parlay ( Half / Full @ 1.90 ) with The Raps +4.5 last night. Born and raised in Canada with German bloodlines...…. A true Homer wager

Line is over juiced on Germany imo. Like France yesterday , hoping to get a decent line in game

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I Love Germany today. I have them on the back end of a 2 team parlay ( Half / Full @ 1.90 ) with The Raps +4.5 last night. Born and raised in Canada with German bloodlines...…. A true Homer wager

Line is over juiced on Germany imo. Like France yesterday , hoping to get a decent line in game

I think germany wins by 1 personally

franz555

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I think germany wins by 1 personally
    This German team should have a distinct adv on set pieces ( like France yesterday )

A goal early by Germany will force China out of their defensive set.

franz555

( W ) Germany vs China : Live 4th min

Germany 1st half @ 1.74 ( Pinn ) ( 2 units )

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

China looks like the better side. They should have been up 2-0 in first half if they had a striker. I like them to draw or win 2nd half.

thomorino

China may bring their best player in the second half in, it should be interesting if they do

franz555

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Where have u been. Oh that's right , I have been crushing it the past few weeks, no place for an agry Troll like yourself to show up

franz555

China may bring their best player in the second half in, it should be interesting if they do
    She was supposedly injured , but she warmed up before the game.

The Germans were sloppy the 1st half. Looked inexperienced for sure

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

What's next chief?

franz555

BOOM

1 - 0 Germany

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

GL in this htread Franz.

franz555

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    What's next chief?
    That's a very good question. The last , and only soccer wager you posted here , was Poland U20 +.50

A loss and back into your cave again

Release the anger

Do something ……… Anything productive today

1234 ... Last