The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

NBA Teams that MUST Start Over

Im thinking teams that have been on the cusp for a while and keep the same core, or the same superstar but rarely have a different outcome

I’ll start, unfortunately my fav team is my #1

OKC Thunder need to trade everyone like a yard sale, get what they can, fire the coach and head a new direction. They had their chance with kd, russ and Harden but that window closed. Since kd has been gone they are stuck in mediocrity and that wont change until they have a fire sale, everything and everyone gotta go

They have some nice pieces that on the right team could be a huge help but this unit together will never win

Who else?

The C’s? Trailblazers? Philly?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

good question

nba is such an elite-heavy league, it's tough to win if you aren't golden state or lebron

have to get lucky in the lottery by winning it or getting great picks... like kobe at 13 or giannis at 15

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

If blazers don’t win west, yes

Celtics...yes

Philly not sure...

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    If blazers don’t win west, yes

Celtics...yes

Philly if they don’t win the east, yes
    but there's a lot of money in making the playoffs/2nd rd/ecf/finals

i'm confused as to why philly or portland should start over when they are pretty darn successful... who are they gonna get to be any better than they are now?

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

RWB totally untradeable. OKC has some serious salary cap issues. Their bed is MADE.

Celts. Fukktards that they were last year, will be a very different team next year. I bet at least 5 spots change.
    Also, they need an ex player as an asst. coach. They lost Walter McCarty to NCAA and didn`t replace him.

Very much enjoying these playoffs. It is amazing when the players actually give max effort.

76ers have some tough decisions to make.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

i'm confused as to why philly or portland should start over when they are pretty darn successful... who are they gonna get to be any better than they are now?

Portland has been same story for years, who or what they can do I don’t know but just saying
    I think they have to win the WC or it’s just another lost year of the same players same shit, trade some picks or something

Philly I edited my post to not sure about

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Detroit

Charlotte...has to let kemba go and just be terrible for a while

milwaukee mike

Portland has been same story for years, who or what they can do I don’t know but just saying
    I think they have to win the WC or it’s just another lost year of the same players same shit, trade some picks or something

Philly I edited my post to not sure about
    yeah it is kind of an all-or-nothing with most fans... win a championship or the season is a failure

even though portland disappoints, would those fans rather be fans of phoenix or sacramento the last 10 years?

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Philly definitely isn't starting over, they can lure a FA on a team who is learning to win. Portland is a little trickier as they won't win the west with their core most likely. Detroit needs to but won't because of drawing awful in a new stadium. They need to sell tix and that's hard when you are tanking. OKC should also.

LAC, Wizards?

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

yeah it is kind of an all-or-nothing with most fans... win a championship or the season is a failure

even though portland disappoints, would those fans rather be fans of phoenix or sacramento the last 10 years?

I doubt they even think of that but I would have to guess they wouldn’t 😂

As a Pacer fan I am used to being a decent upper tier eastern team but I never except to actually win anything meaningful. I mean I hope they do, but what can ya do...no big FAs will ever come here to play. There will never be a Pacers team with the amount of stars these other teams have, I enjoy the games and team though so all good

milwaukee mike

I doubt they even think of that but I would have to guess they wouldn’t 

As a Pacer fan I am used to being a decent upper tier eastern team but I never except to actually win anything meaningful. I mean I hope they do, but what can ya do...no big FAs will ever come here to play. There will never be a Pacers team with the amount of stars these other teams have, I enjoy the games and team though so all good
    yeah i hear you, same boat for decades here in milwaukee... got lucky with giannis but you never know how long that lasts... thought the big 3 with allen/robinson/cassell would win 1, those reggie miller teams were good at the same time

saw reggie miller at the mall near bradley center before one of the games, it was the day he pulled out the superman t-shirt that he said he bought there earlier

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

yeah i hear you, same boat for decades here in milwaukee... got lucky with giannis but you never know how long that lasts... thought the big 3 with allen/robinson/cassell would win 1, those reggie miller teams were good at the same time

saw reggie miller at the mall near bradley center before one of the games, it was the day he pulled out the superman t-shirt that he said he bought there earlier

PG became a star...through the draft

Oladipo became a star...through trade (where he wasn’t near a star anywhere he was before)

Stars just don’t sign here and that’s how it is. Used to it and don’t expect a big name to

Reggie is fried lol good dude though, never left. Tons of respect and appreciation for that

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Boston if they go all in and trade away their futures in Tatum and brown for Anthony Davis this summer. Kyrie is all but gone

Houston needs to ditch Daryl Morey and dantoni. Start at the top and all the way down to the grass roots. They tailored everything to beat gsw, had their shot with the refs in hand, Durant and cousins injured and still lost. Pathetic

Washington needs to sht can Scott Brooks, worst coach since 2000 and see what they can get for Beal bc no one is taking on that ridiculous John wall contract as good as he can be at times.

I'll refrain from bashing Charlotte bc of my allegiance to his airness

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

be careful what you wish for

this thread reminds me of raptors fans. they seem to get no enjoyment out of a perennial 55+ win team if its chances of winning NBA title are poor

you can't just build back up through the draft/free agency/trade to where philly, boston, okc, portland have been the last few years. it is not easy to get players like irving, simmons, butler, embiid, westbrook, george, lilliard. they don't grow on trees. westbrook is the only real interesting player on that list in terms of being overvalued but some other team might want him. and you might not maximize value in a trade for any of these players. teams have to have good young players and/or high draft picks to give for them., that's usually sad sack franchises that these players don't want to play for.

teams that might need to start over (or major overhaul): 1/3 to 1/2 the teams in the league. basically most teams that didn't make the second round of the playoffs. those teams aren't giving up much current success in committing to a major tanking rebuild.

Joey Vigs
    Joey Vigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Simmer down Oxy. You wouldn’t want your good friend Russell Westbrook to find out you think OKC should trade him. No more late night dinners

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Vigs View Post
    Simmer down Oxy. You wouldn’t want your good friend Russell Westbrook to find out you think OKC should trade him. No more late night dinners
    I haven’t talked to him in 7-8 years, they need to move on from him. As someone else said though, they may have cornered themselves with his contract, likes the Knicks did with Melo. They stuck with him and his shitty contract for way too long. The silver lining is him and PG were both injured and haven’t played together long.

Plus I doubt it matters, Warriors seem to have the West on lock down. Even if KD leaves they may still win a few more..

shadymcgrady

Toronto is a good candidate unless they make it to the finals and threaten 6 or 7 games. Otherwise it's unlikely kawhi stays. The only guaranteed stud in Toronto for the foreseeable future is siakam, everyone else is questionable

San Antonio won't but they should, Aldridge and now DeRozan. Guys couldn't stop a nose bleed on defense

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Boston if they go all in and trade away their futures in Tatum and brown for Anthony Davis this summer. Kyrie is all but gone

Houston needs to ditch Daryl Morey and dantoni. Start at the top and all the way down to the grass roots. They tailored everything to beat gsw, had their shot with the refs in hand, Durant and cousins injured and still lost. Pathetic

Washington needs to sht can Scott Brooks, worst coach since 2000 and see what they can get for Beal bc no one is taking on that ridiculous John wall contract as good as he can be at times.

Washington is a good one. They’ve been stuck in the Wall/Beal era for a while and haven’t gotten much better while the reat of the East blew up and got way better

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Im thinking teams that have been on the cusp for a while and keep the same core, or the same superstar but rarely have a different outcome

I’ll start, unfortunately my fav team is my #1

OKC Thunder need to trade everyone like a yard sale, get what they can, fire the coach and head a new direction. They had their chance with kd, russ and Harden but that window closed. Since kd has been gone they are stuck in mediocrity and that wont change until they have a fire sale, everything and everyone gotta go

They have some nice pieces that on the right team could be a huge help but this unit together will never win

Who else?

The C’s? Trailblazers? Philly?
    No, just trade Westbrook and the team should be fine.

The Kraken

Thats a good question. Are moat fans happy with mediocrity or being above average but with no real chance at winning it all, or would they rather risk being a toilet bowl team just foe the small chance they hit it big and get a championship team.

Seems like fans of teams that aren’t winning titles get impatient and like to see changes. I grew up in OKC and if the Sooners weren’t competing for Natuonal Championships yearly, they wanted a new coach.

shadymcgrady

Westbrook is what he is, he's an athletic freak who doesn't care about improving areas of his game. No growth but it's not the end of the world. Can't win with him but he sells marketing and ad space only a handful of players can. What's the alternative? Get rid of him and win? Yeah okay it's that simple

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post

boston has no future with their team. everyone should go.

The Kraken

Em
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Vigs View Post
    Check back in Joey, why dont we get along? Is it my history of drug use? You just don’t like how I post? You always bring up the oxy so i’ve always assumed that was it which is funny because I really could not care less. You only know about it because I shared my journey.

You’re prolly the only one that no matter what I post you start in on me

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I look at teams built like Utah, Det, Brkln, etc they will never win a round in playoffs. Those are squads that built something mediocre and I don't know what flexibility they have to add.

I like OKC. They need better reg season wins because clearly they are a team good enough to beat everyone in west suns gsw, but might need hca to do so.