spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    LB... should we Martingale Houston until they win one game?
    The world will be shocked if they win one of these games.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

when lakerboy makes multiple threads with the same picks, how often do they win over the years?

i'm guessing about 3% winners

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by spippen View Post
    I know I would be

steph curry too damn good to lose

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by spippen View Post
    I would hope they'd win 1 for their fans.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Still gonna stick to my original pick and say this will be a quick series.

I can see Houston getting 2 games, but the Warriors still haven't put together a decent game, and Houston is not utilizing Paul properly near the end of games.

Harden never learns. Simple as that. Dantoni is the biggest loser coach in teh history of any sport. I don't even know why you would root for this guy or think he could win anything after what he did to our boy Bryant. He choked with Kobe. Choked with Nash and Amare. And choked with Melo. He's a failure.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

I can see Houston getting 2 games, but the Warriors still haven't put together a decent game, and Houston is not utilizing Paul properly near the end of games.

Harden never learns. Simple as that. Dantoni is the biggest loser coach in teh history of any sport. I don't even know why you would root for this guy or think he could win anything after what he did to our boy Bryant. He choked with Kobe. Choked with Nash and Amare. And choked with Melo. He's a failure.
    Paul's been bad all year, the problem for Houston is you can't beat Golden State with a 1 man team. The NBA desperately wants a long series so I could see Houston winning game 3, but I think the most likely scenario is game 3 goes to the wire.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

D’Antoni is a puppet in Houston. Morey dictates everything that team does. Do you see the way they refuse to step in and take LITERALLY a wide open midrange shot? The only one who occasionally does it is Paul because he has the clout to do what he wants. Watching the game the other night was infuriating. Houston would swing the ball around to a pretty open shooter with a closeout defender coming, use a shot fake, and then refuse to step in and take the open shot. Instead they’d rather force up the 3 with the defender closing in on them or just jack up a contended 3 altogether.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    D’Antoni is a puppet in Houston. Morey dictates everything that team does. Do you see the way they refuse to step in and take LITERALLY a wide open midrange shot? The only one who occasionally does it is Paul because he has the clout to do what he wants. Watching the game the other night was infuriating. Houston would swing the ball around to a pretty open shooter with a closeout defender coming, use a shot fake, and then refuse to step in and take the open shot. Instead they’d rather force up the 3 with the defender closing in on them or just jack up a contended 3 altogether.
    Yeah, I don't get it. I'm not sure about Dantoni being a puppet though, because he's the coach and he can make the adjustments if he wants. I think the problem with Dantoni and the Rockets entire team is the same. They don't know how to adapt and adjust.

You're right though -- since when to clown like Eric Gordon have the freedom to pull up from 30 feet consistently? As much as I'd like to blame Dantoni or Morey, in the end it comes down to players. Harden and Paul are controlling the game for the rockets. If they want to take a pull up from midrange, or don't, that's on them. No one in that organization will say dick to those guys.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Paul's been bad all year, the problem for Houston is you can't beat Golden State with a 1 man team. The NBA desperately wants a long series so I could see Houston winning game 3, but I think the most likely scenario is game 3 goes to the wire.
    Not sure what game you're watching but Paul is still clearly the Rockets second best player by a mile and one of the best players in general on the floor for both teams. He usually makes the right play, he simply isn't given enough possessions to make a big impact. The other night he had 18 points, 7 rebounds, and 6-7 assists. Those numbers are good, but they're not good enough. 14 shot attempts by your second best player is not good enough to win on the road in the playoffs against the world champs. That's a pretty easy thing to understand. Sometimes it's just that simple.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Yeah, I don't get it. I'm not sure about Dantoni being a puppet though, because he's the coach and he can make the adjustments if he wants. I think the problem with Dantoni and the Rockets entire team is the same. They don't know how to adapt and adjust.

You're right though -- since when to clown like Eric Gordon have the freedom to pull up from 30 feet consistently? As much as I'd like to blame Dantoni or Morey, in the end it comes down to players. Harden and Paul are controlling the game for the rockets. If they want to take a pull up from midrange, or don't, that's on them. No one in that organization will say dick to those guys.
    No man trust me. That comes from the top. It’s forbidden with that team. If anyone does it they get shit for it. There might even be small fines.

thomorino

Not sure what game you're watching but Paul is still clearly the Rockets second best player by a mile and one of the best players in general on the floor for both teams. He usually makes the right play, he simply isn't given enough possessions to make a big impact. The other night he had 18 points, 7 rebounds, and 6-7 assists. Those numbers are good, but they're not good enough. 14 shot attempts by your second best player is not good enough to win on the road in the playoffs against the world champs. That's a pretty easy thing to understand. Sometimes it's just that simple.
    Gordon has been Houston second best scorer the entire playoffs, Paul isn't the same player he was last year. The reason Paul is shooting less is he's not making shots.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

No man trust me. That comes from the top. It’s forbidden with that team. If anyone does it they get shit for it. There might even be small fines.
    Not that I care, you're a total idiot. Houston runs Dantoni's system, the system Houston runs is the same system that Dantoni ran in Phoenix, its based on 3 point shooting. Morey hired Dantoni because he believed in Dantoni's system.

Dantoni's system is also the same system Golden State runs, Kerr learning the system when he was the GM in Phoenix when Dantoni coached there.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Morey uses strict analytics in approaching the game, he doesn't know basketball just numbers and stats on a computer screen.

He takes stats out of context and tries to frame them on players regardless of their strengtha and weaknesses.

Wizzle is correct in that sense, Morey preaches either layup or three and to increase volume in order to approach or achieve the raw data numbers. He's an imbecile, not saying the rockets are a better team or deserving of a series victory but Morey is taking their chances right out by ignoring the players he has

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Morey uses strict analytics in approaching the game, he doesn't know basketball just numbers and stats on a computer screen.

He takes stats out of context and tries to frame them on players regardless of their strengtha and weaknesses.

Wizzle is correct in that sense, Morey preaches either layup or three and to increase volume in order to approach or achieve the raw data numbers. He's an imbecile, not saying the rockets are a better team or deserving of a series victory but Morey is taking their chances right out by ignoring the players he has
    Houston is heavy into analytics and they prefers layups and 3's over midrange jump shot, but the idea that D'antoni is a puppet is one of the dumbest things I've heard. Dantoni has been focused on 3 point shooting long before Morey was relevent when D"antoni was in Phoenix with Nash.

thomorino

And not that I care but Dantoni is signed through 2020, so if Houston wanted to fire him before than they'd have to pay him millions, he can do whatever he wants.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Gordon has been Houston second best scorer the entire playoffs, Paul isn't the same player he was last year. The reason Paul is shooting less is he's not making shots.
    Harden can’t hit the side of a barn but he keeps chucking them up!!

shadymcgrady

Dantoni's famous '7 seconds or less' phrase was what attracted Morey to hire him. More volume increases the actual number of points scored assuming percentages hold up.

The problem was that Nash was a pass first player and neither harden nor Paul play with the same speed or unselfishness.

Further compounding the situation is that when either Paul or harden have the ball in their hands, the other one just stands in the corner. There is no movement or flow in the offense compared to the days of phx.

As great of a player as Chris Paul is, his move to Houston actually hurts them bc of the way harden plays and dantoni's inability to adapt his scheme to the players he has. See Kobe and Dwight in LA

thomorino

Dantoni's famous '7 seconds or less' phrase was what attracted Morey to hire him. More volume increases the actual number of points scored assuming percentages hold up.

The problem was that Nash was a pass first player and neither harden nor Paul play with the same speed or unselfishness.

Further compounding the situation is that when either Paul or harden have the ball in their hands, the other one just stands in the corner. There is no movement or flow in the offense compared to the days of phx.

As great of a player as Chris Paul is, his move to Houston actually hurts them bc of the way harden plays and dantoni's inability to adapt his scheme to the players he has. See Kobe and Dwight in LA
    I agree that Morey hired Dantoni because he liked his system - obviously Harden had to sign off, but I disagree that Paul hurt Houston last year. Houston was a great team last year, Paul made them much better, this year Paul just hasn't been the same player.

2daBank

Nobody will ever win anything w harden being the focal point of a team, guy a loser, will always be a loser, and no ref in playoffs is gonna give him all those bs calls he lives off in regular season.

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Nobody will ever win anything w harden being the focal point of a team, guy a loser, will always be a loser, and no ref in playoffs is gonna give him all those bs calls he lives off in regular season.
    As obvious and correct as that statement is bank, it really amazes me how so many fail to realize it. It's practically written in bold and people ignore it

But shadier things have been done by refs in the NBA, I expected as much when I placed the to rockets bets

thomorino

As obvious and correct as that statement is bank, it really amazes me how so many fail to realize it. It's practically written in bold and people ignore it

But shadier things have been done by refs in the NBA, I expected as much when I placed the to rockets bets
    Agree, Paul and Harden are whiners, we've never seen Harden close a big game late in the playoffs once in his career.

thomorino

Amazing that Dave Mason at betonline and others said that they had far more action on Houston than Golden State in the futures market.

Goat Milk

Not that I care, you're a total idiot. Houston runs Dantoni's system, the system Houston runs is the same system that Dantoni ran in Phoenix, its based on 3 point shooting. Morey hired Dantoni because he believed in Dantoni's system.

Dantoni's system is also the same system Golden State runs, Kerr learning the system when he was the GM in Phoenix when Dantoni coached there.
    GS and Houston have 2 completely different systems. Houston has the least amount of passes in the NBA, while GS has the most. GS system is more like what Dantoni ran in PHX. The difference in GS is they have Kevin Durant. Take him off that team and you have a GS team with 1 ring and deep playoff runs.

Houston runs a ton of screens and are just looking for a mismatch for Harden. That's their entire system. It's the simplest thing ever. They don't play like PHX at all. PHX was a fast tempo , quick-triggering team. Houston is one of the slowest paced playoff teams you'll see. They're more of a half court team and don't have the athletes to run what GS and PHX did.

thomorino

GS and Houston have 2 completely different systems. Houston has the least amount of passes in the NBA, while GS has the most. GS system is more like what Dantoni ran in PHX. The difference in GS is they have Kevin Durant. Take him off that team and you have a GS team with 1 ring and deep playoff runs.

Houston runs a ton of screens and are just looking for a mismatch for Harden. That's their entire system. It's the simplest thing ever. They don't play like PHX at all. PHX was a fast tempo , quick-triggering team. Houston is one of the slowest paced playoff teams you'll see. They're more of a half court team and don't have the athletes to run what GS and PHX did.
    Houston runs Dantoni's system, their stats are just off this year because the whole line up was hurt for 2 months and Harden played isolation basketball during that time. Its still his system.

Its stupid that everyone thinks Kerr is a genius when he's just using Dantoni's system he learned in Phoenix when he was the GM while Dantoni was the coach.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Harden is one of the best offensive players I've ever seen, but until he's willing to play off the ball more, he's not gonna win. I really look at someone like D Wade and Lebron. They were such iso players their whole careers, holding the ball every play. I'm not surprised they almost won a ring playing that way, just because of sheer talent. But when they took that summer to adjust, and say, listen, we're both going to play without the ball and get ourselves easy buckets, and get more movement going, they won a championship. Then won another after that.

The guys like Harden and Westbrook need to come to that realization. Durant is different because he always played without the ball, so adapting to GS was the easiest thing ever and then went 15-0 in the playoffs before they lost a game.

TheMoneyShot

Enough of the small talk... Does Houston -3.5 cover in Game 3?

thomorino

Harden is one of the best offensive players I've ever seen, but until he's willing to play off the ball more, he's not gonna win. I really look at someone like D Wade and Lebron. They were such iso players their whole careers, holding the ball every play. I'm not surprised they almost won a ring playing that way, just because of sheer talent. But when they took that summer to adjust, and say, listen, we're both going to play without the ball and get ourselves easy buckets, and get more movement going, they won a championship. Then won another after that.

The guys like Harden and Westbrook need to come to that realization. Durant is different because he always played without the ball, so adapting to GS was the easiest thing ever and then went 15-0 in the playoffs before they lost a game.
    Harden's problem is he depends too much on getting calls and hitting's 3's, at the end of games when he's tired and not getting calls he can't close.

Goat Milk

Decent chance.

thomorino

Warriors have been better on the road so far in the playoffs.

Goat Milk

Harden's problem is he depends too much on getting calls and hitting's 3's, at the end of games when he's tired and not getting calls he can't close.
    Yeah. That comes down to coaching. I think Harden, if he plays for Pop in USA basketball, could have something of a rebirth. Pop will show up what it means to cut to the basket, etc. He'll show Harden how he can get 6-8 easy points every game without even trying.

Once Harden learns how to do that, he can win a ring.

TheMoneyShot

I'm going to say.... fukk the Rockets if they can't cover Game 3 or Game 4. If Golden State sweeps them.... then fukk Houston. I have to Martingale Game 3 and Game 4.

When Houston is on Fire.... you can't stop them... they usually beat you by DD. I was never impressed this year with Houston on the Road... but they did keep it somewhat close at GS.

I also agree that GS has been playing GREAT ON THE ROAD. Just hoping they don't give a sh#$ and go back to Oracle for Game 5.

Thought about this for plenty of hours... have to play my gut... if I lose a lot of my bankroll so be it.

2daBank

I took rockets gm 2 thinking after all the belly aching they did after gm1 they would get more the garbage calls they live off, that been going on forever in the league, complain a bunch and presto next game you get the calls. then I heard Scott foster was the gm2 ref and knew nba had no interest in their garbage style winning out (good for them!).,,Houston been bitching bout foster forever cause he doesn’t fall for their antics.

certainly wouldn’t surprise me if there a game or 2 refs give them those calls, just no way do i see refs deciding a whole series. NBA has to know how horrible what Houston attempts to do is for the league, it the ugliest style of ball I’ve ever seen.. the 3s and layup approach obviously here to stay but the way rockets now try to manipulate refs by flopping more than soccer players is fukkin garbage and last thing we need is that crap succeeding so other teams start trying to copy it!!!

The saddest thing is if rockets just played the damn game instead of being more worried about drawing a foul than making the shot they could have easily stole one on GS, the warriors have not been playing all that well, gm1 was sitting right there for the taking but rockets kept kicking their legs out trying to get fouls instead of trying to make shots. Straight joke imo.

2daBank

Yeah. That comes down to coaching. I think Harden, if he plays for Pop in USA basketball, could have something of a rebirth. Pop will show up what it means to cut to the basket, etc. He'll show Harden how he can get 6-8 easy points every game without even trying.

Once Harden learns how to do that, he can win a ring.
    He will never win a ring bro.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

This didn't age well.

beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Yep. This dumbfuck is on the warriors.

First 12345 Last