Lenny Zefflin
    Lenny Zefflin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Why did you start paying for picks after you got yourself up $2200 by yourself?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Zefflin View Post
    i've seen it with guys before. propaganda is good. new guys fall for those shady records.

Fedor
    Nowhere to go but up...
    Fedor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12546

Fedor
    Nowhere to go but up...
    Fedor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12546

Oh, and quit before it causes problems in life/wife/finances. If recreational, enjoy. If not enjoying, stop.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

Quote Originally Posted by rclang64 View Post
    I have been doing betting for about 2 full months now. I am down by about $300 after starting with $1,000. I was up to about $3,200 at one point, but then I ended up paying Advanced Sports Advisors for two weeks of picks, and after taking into account their cost and what I lost with them, I was down to $150... I have an agreement with my wife that I am not allowed to add money to my Bovada. I am currently at about $700, but i keep breaking even. Every time I see people make picks that are typically fades and play them as such, they win, and whenever I see someone doing well, I play those and lose. It seems like a never ending stress cycle trying to get money in this industry. I can't for the life of me figure out who is solid to follow and who would be a good fade.

I know this is more of a rant about how crappy the last couple months have been, but I'm curious if any of you are legitimately profitable and if it is even worth my time now that I am at $700. I always see people that post up their track records on their capping sites, but then I pay and play their picks and lose my ass (Doc Sports, Guaranteed Picks Today, Offshore Picks, TKWins, to name a few I paid).

I am lost and don't know where to start at this point And no, i don't need any cheese with my whine, I already have the cheese
    read this book dude, forget all other advice, read this book
    black cat in a coal cellar. if you want to bet seriously dont place another bet until you eat read and shit this book. all the stuff you said above you will laugh at yourself after one reading of this book. Joe B is a smart mofo and knows this shit better than anyone. if he thinks you can win or the person you are tailing can win, you will win if not, dont do it as anything more than "hey this is fun, hope the Reds win!"

TTA_President
    TTA_President's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Track yourself. And set a goal. I set a target amount. Plan it out for 30 days. I play large heavy juiced lines.. Then i still lose something foolish like 3k on a tennis match or 3k on Lipscomb But. I bounce back with patient plays. I do my own research. Make my plays. Then hope and pray im on the right side. Wildcelticsfan is a great one to follow. 44mag. He just started back it seems. But you have to enjoy the ridr or get off on the next stop. I am plus units myself. But i also played Villanova(live at that in the first half and lost 500.) now im waiting for 730 fingers crossed spurs game goes over 223..

Best of luck and grab a beer. Or whatever your other vice may be. And kick up your feet and get back to enjoying a few games. And i hope you find a good system.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

paying for picks is even more desperate

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

most guys are chasein nickle dime sht . i dont think your trying hard enuff

rclang64
    rclang64's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 661

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    read this book dude, forget all other advice, read this book
    black cat in a coal cellar. if you want to bet seriously dont place another bet until you eat read and shit this book. all the stuff you said above you will laugh at yourself after one reading of this book. Joe B is a smart mofo and knows this shit better than anyone. if he thinks you can win or the person you are tailing can win, you will win if not, dont do it as anything more than "hey this is fun, hope the Reds win!"
    I just started reading it a couple minutes ago, thanks for the recommendation!

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10752

It is easy to fall prey to that i did like 25 years ago or so. Started off costing me like $700 for the football and basketball season. He was supposed to give me 2-3 picks a week. He was doing really well first couple weeks was at like 80%. Then started telling me he had better picks that would cost more money . He talked me into that another $1400 . Then they were at maybe 55% and he again talked me into purchasing his exclusive picks and altogether that was like $4500 . Then he started losing . The next 3-4 months he hit like 10-15% . He tried talking me into doing another price for better picks he just kept pushing . I did not do any more after that.

I do have Accuscore i look at that . If i like a game and check the numbers i will look there and see what the ratio is there. I do not base my decision on that but i do like having that.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

I just started reading it a couple minutes ago, thanks for the recommendation!
    any questions ask, I am always available

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

Don't pay for picks. If touts could make money by sports betting, they could make far more money by just betting for themselves than by selling their picks.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Fade seaweed on everything and fade Morino on college basketball...you will be back in no time....
    Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    They will be in Players Talk....seaweed doesn’t post as much but thomorino posts his NCAAB fades daily
    Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post

This
    Fuk off

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you’re going to bad bet one dollar a game for a little bit just to find your form

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Time to start questioning more than just your gambling status if you're considering dropping something over 300 fukking bucks. What are you 15?

Unreal.

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

Study the southern conference

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I have been doing betting for about 2 full months now. I am down by about $300 after starting with $1,000. I was up to about $3,200 at one point, but then I ended up paying Advanced Sports Advisors for two weeks of picks, and after taking into account their cost and what I lost with them, I was down to $150... I have an agreement with my wife that I am not allowed to add money to my Bovada. I am currently at about $700, but i keep breaking even. Every time I see people make picks that are typically fades and play them as such, they win, and whenever I see someone doing well, I play those and lose. It seems like a never ending stress cycle trying to get money in this industry. I can't for the life of me figure out who is solid to follow and who would be a good fade.

I know this is more of a rant about how crappy the last couple months have been, but I'm curious if any of you are legitimately profitable and if it is even worth my time now that I am at $700. I always see people that post up their track records on their capping sites, but then I pay and play their picks and lose my ass (Doc Sports, Guaranteed Picks Today, Offshore Picks, TKWins, to name a few I paid).

I am lost and don't know where to start at this point And no, i don't need any cheese with my whine, I already have the cheese

First 12