eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I wish books considered the time value of money

Whenever I see a future that grades 6-18 months into the future it shocks me when the book’s edge is calculated at still 10%+.

For example right now, I could get $102.50 back in a year off $100 savings.
    Bonds $104-$107. A dollar now is worth more than a dollar next year.

That interest, time value of money, should make the books want to hold peoples’ monies longer and thus offer better future odds. I would expect instead of 10% edge maybe 5%. IDK.

I’m a finance guy so I get a bit triggered when I calculate a future edge for example, next years Super Bowl winner and its like 10%.

@books, Y’all make enough, give us some interest back on your house edge.

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

You are depositing $500 and bitching about a few percent. Why do you care when you are obviously are not doing this for a living?

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i think about this all the time...... on one hand though, interest rates are very low so if the books took it into consideration it would barely change. on the other hand, it ties up alot of money that you could do other things with (i.e. t-bills aren't the only thing you do with cash).... EDIT: i should have said interest rates WERE ultra-low, they have moved up significantly but certainly still below what people considered the long-term natural rate of interest.

i would love to see some hybrid of no-money down bookiedom and 100% money down regulated and/or online.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

they only do what they have to do, if people still bet it, why should or would they change it. there is no competition it is all a big monopoly