1. #1
    shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-12-06
    Posts: 1,570
    Betpoints: 7035

    Westbrook

    9 straight triple doubles. We've become jaded this point. This isnt recieving any buzz.

  2. #2
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Nope

  3. #3
    ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-11-15
    Posts: 3,661
    Betpoints: 4181

    It’s a weird accomplishment, more possessions than in past.

    But it’s a guy who is a stat stuffer and cares more about his stats than the team at times/ chasing is a deterrent to the team at times,

    But also there’s a ton of dudes in the league that chase their own numbers on a nightly basis that couldn’t sniff this.

    Doesn’t help that he’s not the best player on his own team again

  4. #4
    Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-15-12
    Posts: 2,165
    Betpoints: 1186

    Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    9 straight triple doubles. We've become jaded this point. This isnt recieving any buzz.
    Ninja Turtles never receive a long lasting buzz. His MVP run was short lived and probably won’t see another.

  5. #5
    ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-18
    Posts: 12,025
    Betpoints: 1184

    Paul George carry’s OKC

  6. #6
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 25,619
    Betpoints: 2611

    Beast

    Having said that, the system he is in allows him to do that. Steven Adams should lead the league in boards. It's commonly known around the the league that Adams is the strongest man in basketball. He can easily be grabbing 15 boards per night. However, the system is designed for Adams to box out, Westbrook to fly in for the rebound, so that he can immediately start on the break.

  7. #7
    Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-20-11
    Posts: 3,617
    Betpoints: 1368

    Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    It’s a weird accomplishment, more possessions than in past.

    But it’s a guy who is a stat stuffer and cares more about his stats than the team at times/ chasing is a deterrent to the team at times,

    But also there’s a ton of dudes in the league that chase their own numbers on a nightly basis that couldn’t sniff this.

    Doesn’t help that he’s not the best player on his own team again
    youre on crack

    westbrook is the most athletic player in the nba by far

    pg gets his numbers playing with westbrook lead team. he could not play as well as he is if he knew he had to carry the team

  8. #8
    ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-11-15
    Posts: 3,661
    Betpoints: 4181

    Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    youre on crack

    westbrook is the most athletic player in the nba by far

    pg gets his numbers playing with westbrook lead team. he could not play as well as he is if he knew he had to carry the team
    By far is quite the stretch, under what measurement? Injuries are slowing his athletic ability and his jump shot is getting worse. There’s nobody that’s watched basketball that would argue PG hasn’t had a better year this year, or any gm that wouldn’t take him given the choice of the Two.

  9. #9
    ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-11-15
    Posts: 3,661
    Betpoints: 4181

    Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    youre on crack

    westbrook is the most athletic player in the nba by far

    pg gets his numbers playing with westbrook lead team. he could not play as well as he is if he knew he had to carry the team
    Not surprised someone with can newton avatar would have this incorrect opinion, they’re pretty much the same guy in their respective sports

  10. #10
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 25,619
    Betpoints: 2611

    Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    By far is quite the stretch, under what measurement? Injuries are slowing his athletic ability and his jump shot is getting worse. There’s nobody that’s watched basketball that would argue PG hasn’t had a better year this year, or any gm that wouldn’t take him given the choice of the Two.
    I'm not sure how injuries are slowing his athletic ability? The man might be the most athletic athlete on planet Earth.

  11. #11
    IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-15
    Posts: 7,220
    Betpoints: 14000

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Beast

    Having said that, the system he is in allows him to do that. Steven Adams should lead the league in boards. It's commonly known around the the league that Adams is the strongest man in basketball. He can easily be grabbing 15 boards per night. However, the system is designed for Adams to box out, Westbrook to fly in for the rebound, so that he can immediately start on the break.
    It's called the Westbrook system. Nothing to do with coaching philosophy, just Adams submitting to the star guard.

    Russ is having an awful season btw. Look at his efficiency, as this is what matters for a lead guard.
    Points Awarded:

    ans61201 gave IBetYou 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  12. #12
    ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-11-15
    Posts: 3,661
    Betpoints: 4181

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I'm not sure how injuries are slowing his athletic ability? The man might be the most athletic athlete on planet Earth.
    I don’t think people in this thread are watching the same game. Definitely more athletic people. What are you guys basing this off of lol the guy Barely throws down hard, doesn’t blow past people nearly as much, his coast to coast/fast break scoring numbers both way down. And jump shot like mentioned is getting worse with age. His stat stuffing is impressive nonetheless as there are a lot of guys that play for numbers and can’t get a triple double every night

  13. #13
    ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-11-15
    Posts: 3,661
    Betpoints: 4181

    Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    It's called the Westbrook system. Nothing to do with coaching philosophy, just Adams submitting to the star guard.

    Russ is having an awful season btw. Look at his efficiency, as this is what matters for a lead guard.
    Correct. It’s the organization babying him. No guard grabbing the board and running is faster than a quick outlet pass. Sports science could Debunk this lame ass reasoning they try to give for the box outs. If it were the case you’d think coaches in basketball would’ve figured it out over 100 years and let their guards get the rebounds 😂🤣

  14. #14
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    George making them good

    He is a superstar

  15. #15
    DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-30-12
    Posts: 4,479
    Betpoints: 1259

    Russ dents the front of the rim than any player in the history of the NBA.

    Clang.

    Zero rings in career. Most triple doubles record.

    Would hate the guy if he was on my team making MAX.

  16. #16
    Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 21,454
    Betpoints: 1209

    If it were so easy, all players would be averaging triple doubles
    Points Awarded:

    shady610 gave Hman 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  17. #17
    ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-18
    Posts: 12,025
    Betpoints: 1184

    Make no mistake Russ is not a scrub - him and the Greek freak are athletic beast- wouldn’t mind if he’s the 2nd best player on the team - not first tho

  18. #18
    IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-15
    Posts: 7,220
    Betpoints: 14000

    Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Correct. It’s the organization babying him. No guard grabbing the board and running is faster than a quick outlet pass. Sports science could Debunk this lame ass reasoning they try to give for the box outs. If it were the case you’d think coaches in basketball would’ve figured it out over 100 years and let their guards get the rebounds 藍
    Depends upon how good the guard is at fastbreaking. Jason Kidd was phenomenal at getting the defensive rebound and going coast to coast to assist a layup. He made stars of guys like Jefferson & Martin. In contrast I don't think Westbrook makes his teammates look better at all.

  19. #19
    Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-20-11
    Posts: 3,617
    Betpoints: 1368

    Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Depends upon how good the guard is at fastbreaking. Jason Kidd was phenomenal at getting the defensive rebound and going coast to coast to assist a layup. He made stars of guys like Jefferson & Martin. In contrast I don't think Westbrook makes his teammates look better at all.
    what about the team defense? the record? pg elite numbers? no credit to westbrook huh? smh

  20. #20
    kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-14-11
    Posts: 16,012
    Betpoints: 1257

    Only NBA jersey I own


    EDIT: Only jersey I own at all

  21. #21
    DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-30-12
    Posts: 4,479
    Betpoints: 1259

    Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    what about the team defense? the record? pg elite numbers? no credit to westbrook huh? smh
    How many all league defensive teams has Westbrook made? I believe ZERO.
    He could have used his god given athletic ability to be one of the best all-time.
    His #s a gaudy and impressive for an individual, but after all these years in the league, still just that. An individual.

  22. #22
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 25,619
    Betpoints: 2611

    Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    I don’t think people in this thread are watching the same game. Definitely more athletic people. What are you guys basing this off of lol the guy Barely throws down hard, doesn’t blow past people nearly as much, his coast to coast/fast break scoring numbers both way down. And jump shot like mentioned is getting worse with age. His stat stuffing is impressive nonetheless as there are a lot of guys that play for numbers and can’t get a triple double every night
    Throws down? Westbrook is like 6'3 bro. He shouldn't be throwing down hard. The man frequently flies by everyone with the ball in his hands... He's been clocked at over 20 mph, that's not straight line speed, that's weaving through guys. I remember De'aron Fox saying "I'm faster the Westbrook." A couple days later, Westbrook obliterated him. Watched that full game. Everytime Fox was on him, Westbrook blew by him with ease.

    If Westbrook had better handles, no one would stop him. But, his handles aren't that great, and his jumper isn't top knotch -- but again, those are not indicators of athleticism. Westbrook is the strongest, fastest PG in NBA history, and it's not close. The man is a wrecking ball. You just aren't seeing it as much this year because he defers to Paul George a lot. Make no mistake, no PG in the NBA can keep up with Westbrook's speed/strength. The only way to stop him is with team defense/pack in the paint.

    I agree, his efficiency has been awful his whole career. I'll never put him ahead of a guard like D Wade.

  23. #23
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Oklahoma City is winning more this year because finally Westbrook is not shooting a lot he has always killed his team with his offense

  24. #24
    spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-17-09
    Posts: 3,872
    Betpoints: 10597

    Great strong team that will do damage come playoff time. They are clicking well!

  25. #25
    pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-15
    Posts: 17,874
    Betpoints: 566

    Watch tomorrow he’ll beat the record but they will lose

  26. #26
    Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-20-11
    Posts: 3,617
    Betpoints: 1368

    I REPEAT

    PG could not put up the numbers he has been putting up damn near averaging 40 points a game if he wasnt playing with westbrook!!

  27. #27
    Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-07
    Posts: 30,064
    Betpoints: 815


  28. #28
    shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-12-06
    Posts: 1,570
    Betpoints: 7035

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    A lot of hall of famers on that last. So clearly the accomplishment means something

  29. #29
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-25-11
    Posts: 28,901
    Betpoints: 552

    Jordan, Chamberlain and Oscar are all well known stat stuffers, just like Kobe, Shaq, Lebron, Bird, Magic, Russell, Kareem, Malone, Barkley, Stockton, Curry, Durant, and Westbrook

    No more really great players like Charles Oakley or Luk Longley

  30. #30
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-25-11
    Posts: 28,901
    Betpoints: 552

    It takes stats to win games

  31. #31
    cryptocap
    cryptocap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-04-14
    Posts: 1,529
    Betpoints: 1679

    George Westbrook Adams and DAVIS...They would win championships

  32. #32
    Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 21,454
    Betpoints: 1209

    Breaks Chamberlain's record.

    Never thought it would be done.

  33. #33
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,967
    Betpoints: 4782

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Beast

    Having said that, the system he is in allows him to do that. Steven Adams should lead the league in boards. It's commonly known around the the league that Adams is the strongest man in basketball. He can easily be grabbing 15 boards per night. However, the system is designed for Adams to box out, Westbrook to fly in for the rebound, so that he can immediately start on the break.
    This is an excellent, valid point, Westbrook would not get as many rebounds as he does if he played in just about any other system.

  34. #34
    IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-15
    Posts: 7,220
    Betpoints: 14000

    Last night was the classic Westbrook game. He grabs 11 boards but shoots 5/19. WHat would you rather have.. a pg that get double digit rebounds or a pg that can make a fukin shot?

  35. #35
    Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-07
    Posts: 30,064
    Betpoints: 815

    Since 2016-17, Russ has triple-doubled 90 times. The Oklahoma City Thunder are 70-20.

12 Last
Top