IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Your right, I mean Reggie Miller stuck with the Pacers when he could have bolted.
    He wasn't an exception, it was the norm. If you demanded/ requested a trade back then it would have been a scandal. Now player agents have a monopoly on the league and everyone's afraid to speak out against them.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    He wasn't an exception, it was the norm. If you demanded/ requested a trade back then it would have been a scandal. Now player agents have a monopoly on the league and everyone's afraid to speak out against them.
    I was just a kid then, it has changed a lot since then no doubt. A small market like Utah being able to hold onto two-superstar players, could you see that happening now. Definitely not.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

^^^He'll get fined, but it will have no bearing on where he lands.

Pelicans have the Lakers by the balls on this... Lakers can't make any moves until they know the fate of Davis. So if he stays still at the deadline then so do they!

I would include Kuzma, and get Mirotic back. Rondo, Hart, James, Mirotic, Davis -> Championship
    This is sort of interesting.... would you deal Ball and Kuzman to get Davis.... if you know Kyrie Irving would sign as a Free Agent during the offseason with the Lakers???

If some sh#$ ends up like this.... a mega investigation needs to be done.

This is really humorous to me if this happens.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Bird rights are basically irrelevant now

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    This is sort of interesting.... would you deal Ball and Kuzman to get Davis.... if you know Kyrie Irving would sign as a Free Agent during the offseason with the Lakers???

If some sh#$ ends up like this.... a mega investigation needs to be done.

This is really humorous to me if this happens.
    Ball/ Ingram/ Kuzma/ Svi/ Zubac/ Bonga/ Wagner/ picks... Lakers simply can't afford to lose this race. They already missed on George. James wont be top dog forever.

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

its madness to assume AD would join the Knicks with Porzingis heading the other way. Also any trade including Kuzma + Zubac is bad for the Lakers unless you get Kwahi and AD in return. Otherwise the warriors keep spanking that ass

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Guy put up god stats but been injured 20+ times lol - not a winner - he’s westbrook/harden
    Last edited by ikid2groove415; 01-29-19 at 10:24 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Lakers are going all in and are willing to give up basically all their young talent to get Davis now.. Unbelievable. https://sports.yahoo.com/report-lake...8484--nba.html

Per the ESPN report, the Lakers are willing to part with a combination of picks and players, including Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and Lonzo Ball to acquire Davis.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Lakers are going all in and are willing to give up basically all their young talent to get Davis now.. Unbelievable. https://sports.yahoo.com/report-lake...8484--nba.html

Per the ESPN report, the Lakers are willing to part with a combination of picks and players, including Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and Lonzo Ball to acquire Davis.
    Pelicans better jump on that offer, strike while the iron is hot.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Pelicans better jump on that offer, strike while the iron is hot.
    I'd say so.. Lakers are ready to unload the entire team roster for this guy practically... The team will be gutted if and when they do get Davis. Lakers are basically offering the starting line up for Davis.. Lakers will surely miss Kuzma nd Ingrams scoring that's for sure..

packerd_00

I'd say so.. Lakers are ready to unload the entire team roster for this guy practically... The team will be gutted if and when they do get Davis. Lakers are basically offering the starting line up for Davis.. Lakers will surely miss Kuzma nd Ingrams scoring that's for sure..
    The Lakers might have realized this is the only way they'll get a superstar player now, they've lost out on a couple of players they wanted.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Report: Anthony Davis expected to put out word he’ll re-sign with only Lakers

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

James will never see a finals again

He had a great run

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Teams should never give in

let home sit bench

He is a dog player anyway
    I agree. That's why this league is dumb.

Loser like Harden will always go out in the first round.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Love the guys crying how today's game is terrible compared to their youth. The 80s had 2 teams competing every year for title in Boston and LA. Occasionally Houston or Philly popped in but the league was not balanced. The 90s were the Bulls and a bunch of shitty teams like Knicks and Heat.
    With every post u look worse and everyone reading gets dumber.

People are mostly sick of these overpaid, spoiled players showing no class or loyalty to their team and fans, not that the NBA isn't competitive. Comparing today's shenanigans to teams in the 80's and even 90's shows what a dumb fuk you are.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    Report: Anthony Davis expected to put out word he’ll re-sign with only Lakers
    It will be Lebron and Davis and a bunch D league scrubs basically to finish out this year.. Laker management will then hit the free agency market for next year.. Then next year we may have a contender.. I get the move and offer..

packerd_00

Hows it going dlow, long time mate.

TheMoneyShot

Ball/ Ingram/ Kuzma/ Svi/ Zubac/ Bonga/ Wagner/ picks... Lakers simply can't afford to lose this race. They already missed on George. James wont be top dog forever.
    Magic Johnson seems like the type to not think everything through... and JUST GO FOR IT. 50/50 shot.... ALL BAD or ALL GOOD. I have a feeling someone will leave the pack at G.S. I don't think Durant re-signs after the contract is over. Durant or Thompson will leave.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post

People are mostly sick of these overpaid, spoiled players showing no class or loyalty to their team and fans, not that the NBA isn't competitive. Comparing today's shenanigans to teams in the 80's and even 90's shows what a dumb fuk you are.
    Grits is a bit of a tard. Everyone knows this. It's not a secret

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

It will be Lebron and Davis and a bunch D league scrubs basically to finish out this year.. Laker management will then hit the free agency market for next year.. Then next year we may have a contender.. I get the move and offer..
    i don't think new orleans will trade davis to la, they are pretty pissed at them , kind of like spurs not wanting to trade kawhi to la, think pelicans will send him to the east even if it means they are renting him

packerd_00

Magic Johnson seems like the type to not think everything through... and JUST GO FOR IT. 50/50 shot.... ALL BAD or ALL GOOD. I have a feeling someone will leave the pack at G.S. I don't think Durant re-signs after the contract is over. Durant or Thompson will leave.
    I think the time is now to unload these guys for a big fish,holding onto these prospects for so long hasn't gotten them very far.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

i don't think new orleans will trade davis to la, they are pretty pissed at them , kind of like spurs not wanting to trade kawhi to la, think pelicans will send him to the east even if it means they are renting him
    I think Lakers should stay patient.. Wait it out til next year. There are gonna be alot of good players to be had in free agency for next year.. Most wanna come play in LA also.

Lakers just wanna do everything possible to lock down Davis now.. It's gonna cost them big though if it happens.. Maybe the Pelicans won't move him to LA like you are saying.. That would be a good thing for the Lakers I think.. Still keep their core of young players and not give up the house..

Still how can the Pelicans pass up on the deal of all the Laker young players though? That's alot on the table to veto right now if your Pelican management.

dlowilly

Hows it going dlow, long time mate.
    Good, what's up packerd

TheMoneyShot

I think the time is now to unload these guys for a big fish,holding onto these prospects for so long hasn't gotten them very far.
    It's a possibility. I wonder if there's a verbal agreement between Lakers and Kyrie? Like a hush hush thing going on. If Johnson unloads all of these players to get Davis.... Johnson would expect Kyrie to sign with the Lakers as a Free Agent. I can't see Johnson unloading all of these players for just Davis and James? They need 1 more solid player.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

I think Lakers should stay patient.. Wait it out til next year. There are gonna be alot of good players to be had in free agency for next year.. Most wanna come play in LA also.

Lakers just wanna do everything possible to lock down Davis now.. It's gonna cost them big though if it happens.. Maybe the Pelicans won't move him to LA like you are saying.. That would be a good thing for the Lakers I think.. Still keep their core of young players and not give up the house..

Still how can the Pelicans pass up on the deal of all the Laker young players though? That's alot on the table to veto right now if your Pelican management.
    not really players don't wanna come join lebrons team, paul george turned them down, durant turned them down, superstars dont' wanna be second fiddle to lebron, maybe new orleans waits til season over and trades him to boston more talented youngsters

packerd_00

Good, what's up packerd
    Yeah not to much mate.

packerd_00

It's a possibility. I wonder if there's a verbal agreement between Lakers and Kyrie? Like a hush hush thing going on. If Johnson unloads all of these players to get Davis.... Johnson would expect Kyrie to sign with the Lakers as a Free Agent. I can't see Johnson unloading all of these players for just Davis and James? They need 1 more solid player.
    Very well could be,we have no clue what these teams are planning, probably do have some irons in the fire.

As far as Davis goes,the Lakers haven't been able to go cheap so far, no point in trying to insult the Pelicans.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

not really players don't wanna come join lebrons team, paul george turned them down, durant turned them down, superstars dont' wanna be second fiddle to lebron, maybe new orleans waits til season over and trades him to boston more talented youngsters
    Davis, Kyrie, and probably Leonard all wanna come play in LA with Lebron. Big market, endorsements, and player exposure is no bigger then in LA. Laker organization is classy and respected also. Players are treated right here.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Dlow The polesmoker returns. Probably going to cry to mods again that I hurt his feelings.

Everything I said is spot on. The game of basketball is different nowadays. Youth, aau, National hs programs have allowed the real talent to get familiar with each other far earlier than ever before. Guys bond in early teens and want to play ball together down the road. I get that some people don’t like players forcing ownership into bad deals but why knock someone for wanting to have fun at their job? Imagine how depressing it would be to play/work in an organization like sac or Orlando the past decade. They play a game but it is still a job. Ownership and leadership do make a huge difference in any work environment. Smaller markets can be competitive in the nba if they build a good culture from the ground up. Gst was a bad organization for years until they created a new culture with new ownership. They hit it out park with draft and developed their guys while adding a luxury item in KD.

Instead of being pissed at the players all of the time, look at your ownership and see if they are as interested in winning titles as their fans. There are enough teams that are owned by people who prefer revenue and no shot at title to the real financial costs it takes to build and maintain a winning organization.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Grits is a bit of a tard. Everyone knows this. It's not a secret
    Ok. Everything I posted in this thread about nba is dead on correct. You can now go back to posting more of your usual nonsense.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Ok. Everything I posted in this thread about nba is dead on correct. You can now go back to posting more of your usual nonsense.
    Probably so, I just said you're a bit of tard. You know your sports..

Carry on Gritters.. I've come to kinda like you over the years even though you bust my balls constantly and call me a pussy.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Yup. Kawhi, kd and Kyrie just want to play ball and let their games speak for them. All 3 have rings and 2 have finals mvp. Whether or not they like Lebron as a person, I don’t know but Kd said earlier this season that la/Lebron combo is too much of a media circus for him.

Kyrie isnt going to leave money on the table to sign with La and Boston won’t take la’s junk in a straight up trade. If Kyrie leaves Boston it would be to NY in a sign and trade with porzingiz coming back with picks and some expiring contracts to make it work and that is a long shot.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Players don't owe anything to anyone except their agent. Davis is a bonafide superstar, doesn't matter if he wants to leave or stay. No one has addressed the topic I posted at the start of the thread pertaining to the pelicans medical staff

If anyone here is Anthony Davis they'd look out for themselves first and foremost. He is a walking business worth upwards of 200 million. Why wouldn't anyone not want to protect that asset in every way possible? Foolish to think anything else otherwise

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Players don't owe anything to anyone except their agent. Davis is a bonafide superstar, doesn't matter if he wants to leave or stay. No one has addressed the topic I posted at the start of the thread pertaining to the pelicans medical staff

If anyone here is Anthony Davis they'd look out for themselves first and foremost. He is a walking business worth upwards of 200 million. Why wouldn't anyone not want to protect that asset in every way possible? Foolish to think anything else otherwise
    At the same time, the team deserves decent compensation for losing their star. The fans are the ones getting the shaft if they end up with nothing to look forward to once the guy leaves.

dlowilly

Dlow The polesmoker returns. Probably going to cry to mods again that I hurt his feelings.

Everything I said is spot on. The game of basketball is different nowadays. Youth, aau, National hs programs have allowed the real talent to get familiar with each other far earlier than ever before. Guys bond in early teens and want to play ball together down the road. I get that some people don’t like players forcing ownership into bad deals but why knock someone for wanting to have fun at their job? Imagine how depressing it would be to play/work in an organization like sac or Orlando the past decade. They play a game but it is still a job. Ownership and leadership do make a huge difference in any work environment. Smaller markets can be competitive in the nba if they build a good culture from the ground up. Gst was a bad organization for years until they created a new culture with new ownership. They hit it out park with draft and developed their guys while adding a luxury item in KD.

Instead of being pissed at the players all of the time, look at your ownership and see if they are as interested in winning titles as their fans. There are enough teams that are owned by people who prefer revenue and no shot at title to the real financial costs it takes to build and maintain a winning organization.
    Still lying I see. U still don't get why your post comparing what is going on today to teams in the 80's is dumb even for you either. LOL

First 1234 Last