pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Sharps all over dodgers

jets96
    jets96's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5196

pilepuck , sharps all over the dodgers? which sharps ...everyone i know, and they are sharp, are going with Boston , I think by looking at the line move on boston kind of proves the point, but a lot of time left to first pitch.
    good luck

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Sharps all over dodgers
    Are they pressing Boston by accident when they submit? Come on bro the money is moving the line in Boston's favor

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Jumped the gun here. Could have gotten +150 or so for Game 1. I still like LA but the movement isn’t ideal.

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15025

Just hit LA at +150

A HR or two will be the deciding factor tonight, just hoping I'm on the right side tonight

hockey7251
    hockey7251's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16209

Don't bet against the Red Sox. They just won 4 straight against Houston while Dodgers squeaked by a less talented Milwaukee team.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

I'm going Boston -1.5 tonight.. Dodgers win game 2 not game 1...

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Think Blue!!!! Game 1 is gonna be big tonight.. Sets the tone!!!!

i am rooting for you brother.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

i always root against any yankee. boston,new york or any of those northern teams. But then again I lose a hell of a lot.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    i am rooting for you brother.
    Conflicted tonight, want the Dodgers to win the series but seriously thinking of betting Boston -1.5 at +125 in this first game coming up... I may just pass on this game as I'm on the fence right now and ready to place but my heart is telling me JIBS you don't want to do that...

Ok I'm passing on betting this game.. Just a Dodger fan tonight... I don't have to bet this game..

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The opening line did make me happy, even if it has moved up a little since. Game one is huge. I'd love to see them beat Sale and really put some pressure on Boston. I don't really fear anyone coming out of the Red Sox bullpen, unlike that Milwaukee series.
    Who did you fear other than Hader? Jeffress sucks. We had him in Texas. Knew he'd get lit up in that series.

Boston has much more scary elements to them, especially a much much better lineup 1 through 9.

I think the Dodgers can take this (tough call though, Boston is correctly a short fav imo, not much in this), been watching them a ton over the last 2 months and as wizzle says, they have a pretty complete team, the lineup is a joke, they literally have 13 starting caliber guys who can play the field. However they have not had a great approach in the playoffs in general so their offensive numbers have been disappointing. Hopefully now that they've done what's expected of them and reached the series, they can play a bit more loose and have better at bats.

I really hope Kershaw comes through this time. Always liked the guy. Game 5 last year in Houston felt like his moment after his team put up 4 runs and he pitched 3 perfect innings to start, but then it all went to shit as we know. Dodgers will also need something from Ryu after he was atrocious last series. There was suspicion he was tipping his pitches so hopefully this isn't Yu Darvish from last year all over again

Seto

The one thing that does worry me a lot about the Dodgers is Dave Roberts. If there is a way to blow this series - he will blow it.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Conflicted tonight, want the Dodgers to win the series but seriously thinking of betting Boston -1.5 at +125 in this first game coming up... I may just pass on this game as I'm on the fence right now and ready to place but my heart is telling me JIBS you don't want to do that...

Ok I'm passing on betting this game.. Just a Dodger fan tonight... I don't have to bet this game..
    I took the RL +135 for Boston. Not fading this line move

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'll tell you another thing, it's been hot temperature wise in LA and Dodger Stadium and in their last series.. Dodger players could absolutely freeze up tonight in Boston.. I'm reading it gonna be damp and VERY cold in this game..

That could also be a real problem for the Dodgers in this game!!! THE COLD WEATHER!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I took the RL +135 for Boston. Not fading this line move
    I played this game with bet points only.. I just don't care so if Boston wins I pick up a couple of biiitch points... Talk about limited action..

Ticket#:3966618
    Oct 23 08:09 PM
    Oct 23 07:00 PM MLB STRAIGHT BET (FP)
    [902] BOS -1½+135
    ( C KERSHAW -L / C SALE -L )
    0.00 / 95.85

robbypark
    robbypark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1313

Dodgers have no chance. It's an NL garbage team against a top AL team. Literally zero chance at all.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20250

Line keeps going up.

pilebuck13

-176 Boston heavy heavy unreal

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Line keeps going up.
    This could get ugly early

t-wizzle

Kershaw has settled in. Doesn’t have great stuff but he’s fought hard.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

robbypark

Quote Originally Posted by sheedy17 View Post
    Always favor a NL team with a ace going to the American league park and getting the DH, the extra bat instead of the pitcher ALWAYS is a benefit for the NL team. I am shocked the Dodgers are such underdogs. The problem is you gotta beat Kershaw 3 times to win this series, this game IMO means nothing because the Dodgers 2-3-4 starters will be way better than the Sox. This is a huge game and I see a low scoring strike out game. For the odds, I would take the Dodgers.
    Beating Kershaw 3 times is no problem because Kershaw is a garbage postseason pitcher and has a reputation for being the biggest playoff choker in MLB history. The more times he pitches, the better it is for Boston.

robbypark

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Kershaw has settled in. Doesn’t have great stuff but he’s fought hard.
    Kershaw was complete and utter garbage as he usually is in playoff games.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by robbypark View Post
    He left the game tied

Seto

Dave Roberts hitting Grandal, who is a .100 hitter in the postseason, who has a confidence level of about 0 right now, for Freese, one of the clutchest hitters of all time who already has 2 hits in the game.

Dude should literally be set on fire. He knows he can wait until after the inning to change catchers right?

Of course, watch Grandal hit a 3 run homer now.

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by robbypark View Post
    And Boston’s absolute ace wasn’t? I don’t understand your reasoning here? Everyone knows kershaw is slipping...no surprise....

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Dave Roberts hitting Grandal, who is a .100 hitter in the postseason, who has a confidence level of about 0 right now, for Freese, one of the clutchest hitters of all time who already has 2 hits in the game.

Dude should literally be set on fire. He knows he can wait until after the inning to change catchers right?

Of course, watch Grandal hit a 3 run homer now.
    I didn't understand it one bit myself, but whatever. Can't complain too much about the result.

Seto

I didn't understand it one bit myself, but whatever. Can't complain too much about the result.
    Yeah I mean obviously Freese could have hit a 2-run double in that situation or something but I'll take what we got.

I would've moved Muncy to DH and had Grandal take Kemp's spot in the lineup after entering the game as catcher. Gotta leave Mr October in there. But even if you want to take him out because you need a catcher in the game, at least wait until after the inning

Seto

Then he takes out his 2nd best reliever who just struck out 2 dangerous hitters to go with a "matchup" and gives up a 3 run homer.

He's such an idiot. Worst manager I've ever seen.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Then he takes out his 2nd best reliever who just struck out 2 dangerous hitters to go with a "matchup" and gives up a 3 run homer.

He's such an idiot. Worst manager I've ever seen.
    Yeah, I didn't get that move either.

Sigh.

Seto

Yeah, I didn't get that move either.

Sigh.
    The only possible excuse is that he's saving Baez for tomorrow since they're already down today but in that case why bring him into the game at all? He knows Boston has a right handed hitting 3rd baseman on the bench, and even if they didn't it's not like Wood has been lights out against lefties, he gave up a homer to Shaw in the Milwaukee series.

Roberts just makes me pull my hair out every game. Chris Taylor was batting .500 in the first 2 games in the NLCS, benched in game 3. Freese drives in all their runs in game 6, benched in game 7. Changes his leadoff hitter every game for no reason, today goes with Dozier who is 7 for his last 69.

And the best one of all: with Jansen looking back to his best and having only thrown 15 pitches or so, pinch hits for him with a 4 RUN LEAD IN THE 9TH FUKKING INNING which forces Kershaw on. Nobody will ever know if that had an impact on Kersh today, but it's a possibility. And in any case, you let Kenley close that fukking thing out with him dealing like that. Just mindless.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Giant

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    So this entire play is based off what you "believe"? Come on T, boston is going to light them up game one. Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it.
    As I was saying

t-wizzle

On the Dodgers ML +130 for 5 units tonight. 1/2 unit on RRL -1.5 +220
    Points Awarded:

johnnyvegas13 gave t-wizzle 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

First 12