KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20250

Rockies-BrewCrew Game 1 Thoughts

Brewers rolling with bullpen day. Rockies going with Senzatela. Not really sure what to expect with the pen. Seems like a bad spot for Rockies with all the travel they've had to do the last few days, not to mention playing the extra innings a couple days ago.
    Last edited by KRIT; 10-04-18 at 12:16 PM.

rollie_t651
    rollie_t651's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5894

Tough opening game to bet on for me. The bullpen scares me a bit, but the Brewers are freaking good.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How do you even pick a winner here?

Bet live?

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Brewers or nothing. Colorado offense is nothing special outside coors plus their bullpen has been subpar in the 2nd half. Brewers line is loaded and their bullpen is strong. I actually like them more that they are going with bullpen entire game than traditional starter. They are favorite rightfully so, but i am not a fan of backing larger favorites. Might make an exception today though.

KRIT

Has Council announced a starter. I can work backwards on the rotation. Jeffryes 9th, Hader probably 7th and 8th, Knebel 6th, who takes the first 5 or so innings. Is he set on starting a pen guy or could we see Miley, Guerra or Peralta start but only for a couple innings or so.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I was ready to pound the brewers until they decided to go w pen game instead of Miley, hate this pen game bs. Even if it works out for them it is stupid, if this series goes 5 this crap will catch up with them imo.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Rockies or pass....dodgers Atlanta under

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Has Council announced a starter. I can work backwards on the rotation. Jeffryes 9th, Hader probably 7th and 8th, Knebel 6th, who takes the first 5 or so innings. Is he set on starting a pen guy or could we see Miley, Guerra or Peralta start but only for a couple innings or so.
    MLB network projected Woodrow as starter only going one inning then peralta in the 2nd-3rd, forget who they had for 4-5, then knebel in 6th, hader 7-8, Jeffries 9th. Obviously it was them guessing cause nobody knows, shit makes it impossible to cap!! , IMO if they just started Miley and he gave them 5 decent innings it be game over. Going this approach sure looks good on paper but what happens when one the guys struggles and they start scrambling? Look at oak yesterday, ended up w their closer in by the 5th and throwing more than 40 pitches! Had they came back I coulda seen them blowing it in 9th anyways!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Brandon Woodruff. He actually started games in the past so may actually pitch more than one inning.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    MLB network projected Woodrow as starter only going one inning then peralta in the 2nd-3rd, forget who they had for 4-5, then knebel in 6th, hader 7-8, Jeffries 9th., IMO if they just started Miley and he gave them 5 decent innings it be game over. Going this approach sure looks good on paper but what happens when one the guys struggles and they start scrambling? Look at oak yesterday, ended up w their closer in by the 5th and throwing more than 40 pitches! Had they came back I coulda seen them blowing it in 9th anyways!
    Rockies hit LHP much better, which is why I think they aren't using Miley or Chase Anderson. Why not just start Peralta who is used to starting and then go to Woodruff who is a pen guy. Don't want to see Milwaukee get burned on their opening pitcher like Oakland did. I get doing the bullpen day, but why not just start the starter but only for an inning or two.

LT Profits

MLB network projected Woodrow as starter only going one inning then peralta in the 2nd-3rd, forget who they had for 4-5, then knebel in 6th, hader 7-8, Jeffries 9th. Obviously it was them guessing cause nobody knows, shit makes it impossible to cap!! , IMO if they just started Miley and he gave them 5 decent innings it be game over. Going this approach sure looks good on paper but what happens when one the guys struggles and they start scrambling? Look at oak yesterday, ended up w their closer in by the 5th and throwing more than 40 pitches! Had they came back I coulda seen them blowing it in 9th anyways!
    You won't see Miley or Gio start any games this series, could very well be two more bullpen games Games 3-4

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    You won't see Miley or Gio start any games this series, could very well be two more bullpen games Games 3-4
    Don't think we see much of the lefty starters for the brewers.

LT Profits

Disregard my Post #9 then.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Dude that just crazy. Imo this is negating the advantage brewers should have over everyone. If they used starters for 5 innings it would be a 5 inning game as their pen capable of locking down 6th thru 9th every game.

KRIT

Dude that just crazy. Imo this is negating the advantage brewers should have over everyone. If they used starters for 5 innings it would be a 5 inning game as their pen capable of locking down 6th thru 9th every game.
    Clearly Council doesn't trust any of his starters other than Chacin. Not sure why, they were all pretty decent this season. This will either work for him or blow up on him. We will find out.

LT Profits

Counsell seems scared shitless to use southpaws, seems to be managing more against Colorado strength than trusting his own guys.

2daBank

Clearly Council doesn't trust any of his starters other than Chacin. Not sure why, they were all pretty decent this season. This will either work for him or blow up on him. We will find out.
    I don’t think it has anything to do w council, just another puppet doing what the computers say is best. Kills me the way the sport trending w all these front office computer geeks that have never played a lick of baseball using computers to tell them best way to approach the game simply ignoring or firing the old school baseball lifers. The result is far more strikeouts than hits, no emphasis on situational hitting or doing the little things that win games, disregarding starters and taxing your pen cause on paper it sounds good to trot out 7 different flame throwers for a inning each even tho we all know the likelyhood of that many pitchers performing well on a given night is relatively slim!! Front office computer nerds turning this wonderful sport into video game baseball!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratpack

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

No play

Joey Vigs
    Joey Vigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Brewers

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Vigs View Post
    Brewers
    I can’t wait for mommy to take away your internet time.
    Points Awarded:

Ryermkd gave 2daBank 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

They need 4 innings from some combo and get probably get 5 innings from the 3 core bullpen guys.

This bullpen thing may work this series but next round will be tough with 7 games and 3 in a row without a day off.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    They need 4 innings from some combo and get probably get 5 innings from the 3 core bullpen guys.

This bullpen thing may work this series but next round will be tough with 7 games and 3 in a row without a day off.
    Yea it might work out here although I worry about the exposure to rox bats if this series goes long. Then the biggest problem w this is it incredibly short sighted imo, sure they could get away w it here but it setting them up for failure in the coming rounds. Just silly when you consider how incredibly well they been doing w their middling starters giving them 5 or so innings all season! Why the fukk you gonna abandon playing the way that put you in this position is beyond me? If I was a brewers fan I’d be infuriated, I realky thought they had a great chance to represent the NL in WS playing the exact way they been while destroying everyone down the stretch!!

qtip0711
    qtip0711's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

Tailing Rainman once again. I for one feel more confident with a bullpen game for Brew, Wade Miley has been so terrible in the past I have no confidence in backing him even even with some of his recent success. That being said Brew is well rested bats are hot and ready to go. They have took 5 of 7 against Rox in reg season. Rox will come ready to play but i feel like all the travel and recent high pressure playoff situations have taken a bit of wind out of their sails.

Brewers (-164)

KRIT

Not sure what to expect from the Brewers pitching, but I think we can all agree Brewers should be able to put up on runs on Senzatela and the Colorado pen.

2daBank

I parlayed milw ml with atl +1.5, paid around +173.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Brewers rolling with bullpen day. Rockies going with Senzatela. Not really sure what to expect with the pen. Seems like a bad spot for Rockies with all the travel they've had to do the last few days, not to mention playing the extra innings a couple days ago.
    Don't starting pitchers travel ahead of the team? I like the under.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    Don't starting pitchers travel ahead of the team? I like the under.
    I don’t like unders in this series, good lineups and couple hitter friendly parks. Honestly doubt I’ll touch a total if milw insist on this open game crap tho, shit just too hard to cap. I don’t care how good a pen you got I truely feel like going into a game planning on using 6-7-8 guys is a recipe for one or more to struggle, simply not gonna have many days where you can count on that many guys having their A gm imo. Gl tho

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

I don’t like unders in this series, good lineups and couple hitter friendly parks. Honestly doubt I’ll touch a total if milw insist on this open game crap tho, shit just too hard to cap. I don’t care how good a pen you got I truely feel like going into a game planning on using 6-7-8 guys is a recipe for one or more to struggle, simply not gonna have many days where you can count on that many guys having their A gm imo. Gl tho
    Yeah, I hear ya pal, I was just looking at the last few NL post season games and they have all been under the total.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    Yeah, I hear ya pal, I was just looking at the last few NL post season games and they have all been under the total.
    If rox bats continue looking like they have the last 2 you should be golden!

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I lean Rockies. I just don't buy the bullpen game. If one guy gets hit the rest of the game is fukked up. Also, it's the playoffs. The Rockies wil be amped regardless, I don't care about their travel (and Milwaukee is a short trip from Chicago anyway)

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    I lean Rockies. I just don't buy the bullpen game. If one guy gets hit the rest of the game is fukked up. Also, it's the playoffs. The Rockies wil be amped regardless, I don't care about their travel (and Milwaukee is a short trip from Chicago anyway)
    They have already essentially played 2 playoff games and their bats been anything but amped. Parra was the only one even taking quality abs after the 1st inning in Chicago.

LT Profits

If Milwaukee advances, they may go back to normal rotation for NLCS. They just don't want to start any lefties vs. Rockies.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

They have already essentially played 2 playoff games and their bats been anything but amped. Parra was the only one even taking quality abs after the 1st inning in Chicago.
    That doesn't really bother me honestly. They faced two good pitchers in those games, definitely 2 better than the Brewers will throw at them. Milwaukee didn't score much more against the Cubs Monday either, and Lester >>> Quintana. Rockies just cannot let Yelich beat them, and they'll be fine imo.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Senzetela is pretty bad.

Lean over, but afraid of the brewers being super aggressive with the bullpen. Don't really want to play an over and then have hader, knebel, and jeffers combine for 6 or 7 innings.

2daBank

Senzetela is pretty bad.

Lean over, but afraid of the brewers being super aggressive with the bullpen. Don't really want to play an over and then have hader, knebel, and jeffers combine for 6 or 7 innings.
    Think those will be all we see after the 5th, just a matter of milw getting it to them.

12 Last