IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16670

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    This trade is all about getting rid of the awful Mozgov contract. The fact that Howard can still be a somewhat productive player is a bonus. Would be shocked if he's still a Net a season from now.

Not sure what Charlotte is doing here - they planning on tanking the next 2 years?
    It was a penetrating horrible trade for the Nets. They needn't worry about cap space since Brooklyn isn't a destination. They're doing what they always do; giving away precious picks for (rap. Sean Marks loses a lot of points on this (no pun intended).

As for the Hornets, they have Billy -an upgrade over Howard. High upside for the Spanish kid, and clearly their centre of the future. This is the first move Kupchak made since arriving. Top marks for him (OK, pun intended).

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He wouldn’t be bad on a winning team

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7762

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Guy is a piece of trash. Any team that actually wants to sign that clown is basically saying they don't care about winning.
    Did the nets ever care about winning? Be honest

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12949

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He wouldn’t be bad on a winning team
    He was on a winning team, the Houston Rockets... A disappointment and cancer..

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9153

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    It was a penetrating horrible trade for the Nets. They needn't worry about cap space since Brooklyn isn't a destination. They're doing what they always do; giving away precious picks for (rap. Sean Marks loses a lot of points on this (no pun intended).

As for the Hornets, they have Billy -an upgrade over Howard. High upside for the Spanish kid, and clearly their centre of the future. This is the first move Kupchak made since arriving. Top marks for him (OK, pun intended).
    This isn't Billy King giving away 1st rounders like its his job. Ill take cap space over praying my 2nd round picks can become something more than bench players every time. The only thing I worry about is Dwightmare's effect on Jared Allen.

You talking about Willy Hernangomez? Maybe he'll turn out to be the next Gasol one day...but then again, guy couldn't get playing time on the Knicks...so I'll reserve judgement.

IBetYou

You're talking 2 high end 2nd rounders just for having that extra cap space one year sooner -and who's to say they wont make a bad signing with it? 2nd rounders carry little risk since they're on cheap contracts. You don't toss them away like that. Reckless.

IBetYou

As for Howard, Bryant hated playing with him, Harden hated playing with him, Schroder hated playing with him, and oh yeah K.Walker hated playing with him. I think it's a safe bet Dinwiddie or Russell will hate playing with him.

I don't know how an NBA GM can be so ignorant/ blind. I guess it's a consequence of giving brainy jobs to former jocks rather than brainy people.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12949

As for Howard, Bryant hated playing with him, Harden hated playing with him, Schroder hated playing with him, and oh yeah K.Walker hated playing with him. I think it's a safe bet Dinwiddie or Russell will hate playing with him.

I don't know how an NBA GM can be so ignorant/ blind. I guess it's a consequence of giving brainy jobs to former jocks rather than brainy people.
    Crap teams like the Nets are desperate and hope the Dwight Howard in Orlando shows up.. They remember that Dwight Howard but it's a pipe dream..

Nets should have never gotten rid of Brook Lopez if you ask me.. Dwight Howard will be a bust again, Nets will dump him just like every other team has done after a season of play.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Looked invincible early on when with Orlando.

Only guy in the league at the time who had more combined size & leaping ability than LeBron.
    One of the biggest wastes of physical gifts in pro sports history.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheSchafe

bigtymer56

You're talking 2 high end 2nd rounders just for having that extra cap space one year sooner -and who's to say they wont make a bad signing with it? 2nd rounders carry little risk since they're on cheap contracts. You don't toss them away like that. Reckless.
    FYI, Nets still have the #40 pick this year and an extra 2nd rounder next year as well.

Of course they could make a bad signing. That's still a much better option than having a bench warmer being the highest paid player on your team. But anyway, they have alot more options now next offseason. They even have their own first rounder next year too!

bigtymer56

Already talking about a Howard buyout.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    One of the biggest wastes of physical gifts in pro sports history.
    Dwight actually had me fooled in the early Orlando days. Went downhill in a hurry afterwards.

However, I see your Dwight Howard and raise you Eddy Curry. Being a life-long Knicks fan is miserable enough...but this fat, lazy waste of life is 280 pounds of fat greasy shit stacked 7 feet high. Makes me want to murder my unborn children.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Howard has been a dud since he left Orlando. He is mentally weak and very immature.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Howard has been a dud since he left Orlando. He is mentally weak and very immature.
    Wrong again grits and dog shit- GSW made post up players worthless in today’s NBA

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Wrong again grits and dog shit- GSW made post up players worthless in today’s NBA
    Tell me when he was a great player after leaving Orlando. You won’t be able to.

Just because I own a majority of the real estate in your empty head doesn’t mean you can’t attempt to be logical instead of the emotional bitch with hurt feelings all of the time.

olamide
    olamide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2571

Go to the warriors and be good again. Then the lazy GMs and fans would should 5 HOF in a team.... I would love that.

First 12