CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6377

How in the world did the Golden Knights get this far?

Was it just Fleury playing in over his head all year? There record was good but not great when he was injured.

Watching this series I don't understand how the hell they beat Winnipeg 4 games in a row.

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

Fluke bro. Fluke. I don’t get it either.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Lots of crazy goals, kinda lucky ones like bfyugin or what's his name whiffs a shot knights player goes journey, Neal getting goals through a couple inches of window etc

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Won't make playoffs next year.

MiDNiTe

Great goals but a lot of lucky ones

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Capitals and knights both seemed to get tons of fluky breakaway goals all post season.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25244

Cuz they are a solid team. It was just the Caps year.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    I truly believe William Karlsson had one of the biggest mirage season's in the history of sports. He will never come close to scoring 40+ goals in a year again.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    This is an absolute lock. I know nothing about hockey, but a team that overachieved as much as this team is just destined for an abysmal follow up season.

MiDNiTe

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post
    I truly believe William Karlsson had one of the biggest mirage season's in the history of sports. He will never come close to scoring 40+ goals in a year again.
    Yeah has done nothing whole career and pulls that out, maybe Vegas great relaxing city but yeah a lot of those players had career years

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Winnipeg played like a bunch of pee-wee players, would have been a better final Wash vs Winnepeg, oh well..

Happy for Ovechkin he deserves it

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    05-14-18, 12:17 AM

Caps beat the best team in NHL......

Caps win the lord Stanley as they already won it against Pittsburgh........

All down hill from here.......

Simple.............

jjjjjjjjjjjj

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Why do we have to tear a team apart? Is this coming from guys that made a killing w them all season, guys that lost this series, or both? As I've said in numerous threads about this series what vegas did was amazing, as a part time garbage blues fan pretty jealous of this expansion team w already as many accomplishments as this 50+ year franchise!! Vegas cashed tickets and defied the odds to get here every step of the way with a group of cast offs from other teams. Never bought for a second they could beat a team w a huge talent edge like the caps, a team that not only been as talented as any in the league for years but also had the hunger of being the best team of this era not to win the cup!!! Once sid the kid and the lightening were out of the way nobody in the east stood a chance vs these caps w 1st round draft picks all over the place, a all timer in 8, and a goalie playing out his mind!!

Don't turn on these knights after delivering you a great season (they made me wish I bet regular season hockey but was always too skeptical to jump on!!), lots of you got paid quite nicely by vegas all year, for those I understand wanting to ride it all the way, just don't be mad at them when they finally hit the spot in the road where effort wasn't enough! It took all way till the finals for a more talented team to match the knights effort and intensity! Don't kid yourself? Knights didn't get this far by being the best the west had to offer, just the most hungry! Hell of a run and think you should remember it as that!

(as I count my caps money! sorry but this series was so easy for guys like me with no emotional investment and hadn't grown fond of vegas while cashing regular season checks curtesy of them!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Bye bye.. Sent packing.. Vegas got run over....

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Winnipeg played like a bunch of pee-wee players, would have been a better final Wash vs Winnepeg, oh well..

Happy for Ovechkin he deserves it
    If jets didn't have the heart to get past vegas than why would they been a better match? Talent wise I agree but caps had both the talent and the determination of a team that been denied longer than they prob should have been. Don't worry jets be around for awhile, don't think anyone in west would have made this much of a series.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Bye bye.. Sent packing.. Vegas got run over....
    Jibs, this series was a great culmination to these here playoffs!! Lots of money to be had for a guy that knows nothing of the sport in regular season!!!

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Why do we have to tear a team apart? Is this coming from guys that made a killing w them all season, guys that lost this series, or both? As I've said in numerous threads about this series what vegas did was amazing, as a part time garbage blues fan pretty jealous of this expansion team w already as many accomplishments as this 50+ year franchise!! Vegas cashed tickets and defied the odds to get here every step of the way with a group of cast offs from other teams. Never bought for a second they could beat a team w a huge talent edge like the caps, a team that not only been as talented as any in the league for years but also had the hunger of being the best team of this era not to win the cup!!! Once sid the kid and the lightening were out of the way nobody in the east stood a chance vs these caps w 1st round draft picks all over the place, a all timer in 8, and a goalie playing out his mind!!

Don't turn on these knights after delivering you a great season (they made me wish I bet regular season hockey but was always too skeptical to jump on!!), lots of you got paid quite nicely by vegas all year, for those I understand wanting to ride it all the way, just don't be mad at them when they finally hit the spot in the road where effort wasn't enough! It took all way till the finals for a more talented team to match the knights effort and intensity! Don't kid yourself? Knights didn't get this far by being the best the west had to offer, just the most hungry! Hell of a run and think you should remember it as that!

(as I count my caps money! sorry but this series was so easy for guys like me with no emotional investment and hadn't grown fond of vegas while cashing regular season checks curtesy of them!!
    The Jets had a huge talent edge over these guys as well and Vegas beat them in 5.

MiDNiTe

It is a sports forum guy just asked a question

2daBank

The Jets had a huge talent edge over these guys as well and Vegas beat them in 5.
    Oh yea no doubt. Caps were 1st team that had abundantly more talent and were willing to match vegas heart and intangibles. Being the best team not to win a cup in the era will put that chip ya need on your shoulder!!! Jets still new to this( talent is there but hell look how long it took caps to break thru: ultimately a team playing great together w a bunch to prove can go a long way! Pretty much until they run up against a more talented team who was just as if not more hungry: that chip the vegas cast offs played w wasn't greater than one that been building in caps for years being the most talented team not to win!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    It is a sports forum guy just asked a question
    Didn't mean for it to come off as rude: was trying to answer best I could.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Played with a huge chip on their shoulders since thet were a group of good players unprotected by their former teams.

Also they just ran into a Washington team on a mission.

Caps beat the 2nd best team in 7 games, Tampa.

That was the true Stanley Cup Championship.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

They were very good in the west. The difference was the caps had already beaten the two best teams in the playoffs in pitt and tampa. Vegas hadnt faced any team on that level so washington was more than prepared

oldmanTED
    oldmanTED's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8573

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Played with a huge chip on their shoulders since thet were a group of good players unprotected by their former teams.

Also they just ran into a Washington team on a mission.

Caps beat the 2nd best team in 7 games, Tampa.

That was the true Stanley Cup Championship.
    Agreed. Kinda like Warriors-Houston

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

The series was theirs to lose from the start, and they gave it away through costly mental errors in their own zone, as well as failing to adjust to Washington's game plan (like how do you not assign a man to shadow Ovechkin in the defensive zone - WTF).

Vegas has a deeper, younger, and more talented team. Should have worn Washington down in a long series.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO

Winnipeg was a better team than Washington all season long. I guess the Nashville series just wore them down. There is no other explanation as to how Vegas beat them in 5.

Rich Boy

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    They were very good in the west. The difference was the caps had already beaten the two best teams in the playoffs in pitt and tampa. Vegas hadnt faced any team on that level so washington was more than prepared
    Yep all the top teams in the NHL belong in the East. Wash,Pit,TB,Bos

Western conference needs to step up big time, last 3 years the cup was decided in the east

Rich Boy

Winnipeg was a better team than Washington all season long. I guess the Nashville series just wore them down. There is no other explanation as to how Vegas beat them in 5.
    Winnipeg lost all of their confidence and somehow couldnt handle a puck or make simple plays anymore. They looked like completely different teams from the semis to the western finals, it was embarrassing watching them play.

Maybe the pressure of the entire country watching was too much.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Great story here in vegas all year but they definitely overachieved. I kept referring to the movie "Angels in the Outfield" with my buddies here throughout the playoffs. Every puck bounced their way.
    Fluery's numbers look ok and he was hot for a while, but he left the net open about 30 times where there just seemed to be a force field around it and team after team just constantly whiffed at it.
    Vegas overtime/shootout record ran unbelievably lucky this year also.
    If that evens out this is probably a .500 team next year.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    The series was theirs to lose from the start, and they gave it away through costly mental errors in their own zone, as well as failing to adjust to Washington's game plan (like how do you not assign a man to shadow Ovechkin in the defensive zone - WTF).

Vegas has a deeper, younger, and more talented team. Should have worn Washington down in a long series.
    How can you possibly say Vegas was/is more talented? They a team of cast offs while caps before this title were making a claim to be one of the better teams who hadn't won one in this era.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Great story here in vegas all year but they definitely overachieved. I kept referring to the movie "Angels in the Outfield" with my buddies here throughout the playoffs. Every puck bounced their way.
    Fluery's numbers look ok and he was hot for a while, but he left the net open about 30 times where there just seemed to be a force field around it and team after team just constantly whiffed at it.
    Vegas overtime/shootout record ran unbelievably lucky this year also.
    If that evens out this is probably a .500 team next year.
    Benny sharp as always, good to see ya pal, hope all has been well??
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave 2daBank 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7903

16 teams every year make the playoffs and anyone can win it all. Another 3 or 4 just missed the postseason could win it as well. Look who missed the playoff this year .... Chicago, Edmonton, Montreal, NY Rangers, Islanders, Stars and Blues. Making the playoff is a big achievement.

Also, let's not forget that the Caps lost the first 2 games at home to Columbus and went to OT in game 3 in Columbus. If they lost that game 3, not sure if they were gonna win the next four. One wrong deflection and they are down 3 games to 0. Now they are champs.

Vegas got a great coach fired by Florida. They took their pick of unprotected players teams had to leave exposed. With the parity in the NHL nowadays, those are really good players they were able to attain. Can you imagine being a new franchise and getting a goalie like Fleury?

A 2 week slump in the regular season could mean missing the playoffs. Vegas was no fluke.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    16 teams every year make the playoffs and anyone can win it all. Another 3 or 4 just missed the postseason could win it as well. Look who missed the playoff this year .... Chicago, Edmonton, Montreal, NY Rangers, Islanders, Stars and Blues. Making the playoff is a big achievement.

Also, let's not forget that the Caps lost the first 2 games at home to Columbus and went to OT in game 3 in Columbus. If they lost that game 3, not sure if they were gonna win the next four. One wrong deflection and they are down 3 games to 0. Now they are champs.

Vegas got a great coach fired by Florida. They took their pick of unprotected players teams had to leave exposed. With the parity in the NHL nowadays, those are really good players they were able to attain. Can you imagine being a new franchise and getting a goalie like Fleury?

A 2 week slump in the regular season could mean missing the playoffs. Vegas was no fluke.
    Dude, more than half the teams make the playoffs, that is hardly a achievement and actually a downright embarrassment when you don’t make it.. blues spewed that garbage to their fans for years “oh we have made the playoffs 20 years straight!” (Or whatever it was at one point), that like bragging about getting a C on your report card or banging a 5. Anyone can do it.

DwightShrute

Dude, more than half the teams make the playoffs, that is hardly a achievement and actually a downright embarrassment when you don’t make it.. blues spewed that garbage to their fans for years “oh we have made the playoffs 20 years straight!” (Or whatever it was at one point), that like bragging about getting a C on your report card or banging a 5. Anyone can do it.
    my point was the parity. Same number of teams make the NBA playoffs. Only a handful can win it all. If that many even. The NHL, only a handful cant.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    my point was the parity. Same number of teams make the NBA playoffs. Only a handful can win it all. If that many even. The NHL, only a handful cant.
    Yea I agree w that. NHL playoffs very wide open, years blues make it there roughly 15 teams with a chance! Lol..

DwightShrute

Yea I agree w that. NHL playoffs very wide open, years blues make it there roughly 15 teams with a chance! Lol..
    never disagree with me again

12 Last