Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Alabama-Clemson-Miami-Oklahoma: Which Would U Like To See Get Knocked Out Of Top 4?

Is there a team in the top 4 you'd love to see get knocked out of CFB playoffs?

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

All of them but canes, lol.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    All of them but canes, lol.

Miami fan or have a future wager?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Clemson

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4113

Miami because I am so sick of the media fawning all over them because of that stupid chain.

Look, I get it. It's a motivational tool for the kids playing defense. It's a fun idea. I just don't need to see it 79 times every Saturday.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Well one of them WILL be knocked out, loser of Miami-Clemson.

Better question is assuming chalk holds with Alabama and Oklahoma winning out, who gets 4th spot? Sadly, looks like it would be Ohio State-Wisconsin winner.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

all 4 but i love under dogs

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Well one of them WILL be knocked out, loser of Miami-Clemson.

Better question is assuming chalk holds with Alabama and Oklahoma winning out, who gets 4th spot? Sadly, looks like it would be Ohio State-Wisconsin winner.
    Ohio State is OUT. GUARANTEED!!! There is no way the committee will select them over a one loss team, especially after last year's fiasco and losing to a 5 loss Iowa team who crushed them by 31 points and just lost at home to a 6 loss Purdue team. Don't buy into the Midwest Press and CBS Bull S**T. And that is what it is. Bull S**T.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Ohio State is OUT. GUARANTEED!!! There is no way the committee will select them over a one loss team, especially after last year's fiasco and losing to a 5 loss Iowa team who crushed them by 31 points and just lost at home to a 6 loss Purdue team. Don't buy into the Midwest Press and CBS Bull S**T. And that is what it is. Bull S**T.
    I actually agree that neither Ohio State or Wisconsin would belong, but committee may have no choice. If chalk holds, would there be any one-loss team left to knock out Ohio State?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2486

I actually agree that neither Ohio State or Wisconsin would belong, but committee may have no choice. If chalk holds, would there be any one-loss team left to knock out Ohio State?
    Any way possible UCF makes the 4 team playoff if they run the table and remain undefeated and assuming that Wisky loses one game?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

If the chalk holds, I don't see how any other team gets past the Ohio State/Wisconsin winner.

If Alabama loses to Auburn, does the SEC get two teams in?

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Any way possible UCF makes the 4 team playoff if they run the table and remain undefeated and assuming that Wisky loses one game?
    Nope. Too many teams in front of them.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    If the chalk holds, I don't see how any other team gets past the Ohio State/Wisconsin winner.

If Alabama loses to Auburn, does the SEC get two teams in?
    Yes. Big Ten is rooting hard for Alabama.

The Giant

Yes. Big Ten is rooting hard for Alabama.
    Wisconsin could get royally screwed if Auburn wins next week, couldn't they?

The only other way they would get in is if Oklahoma lost. That's unlikely.

LT Profits

No chance in hell. And why are you singling out Wisky? UCF needs a lot more than that to pull off a miracle entry. Let Knights enjoy their New Year's Six bowl bud, it won't get any better.

LT Profits

Wisconsin could get royally screwed if Auburn wins next week, couldn't they?

The only other way they would get in is if Oklahoma lost. That's unlikely.
    Wisconsin and Ohio State both. And yes, another backdoor for Big Ten would be Oklahoma loss, which is why I started my statement with "if chalk holds".

The Giant

Wisconsin and Ohio State both. And yes, another backdoor for Big Ten would be Oklahoma loss, which is why I started my statement with "if chalk holds".
    Are you sure Alabama wouldn't get the boot if they lost to Auburn?

Da Manster!

No chance in hell. And why are you singling out Wisky? UCF needs a lot more than that to pull off a miracle entry. Let Knights enjoy their New Year's Six bowl bud, it won't get any better.
    because if Wisky runs the table they are getting...no and's, if's, or but's about it...simply because the loser of Clemson/Miami in the ACC championship game is basically an elimination game.

LT Profits

Are you sure Alabama wouldn't get the boot if they lost to Auburn?
    No (meaning yes I am sure lol), Alabama is already in. They have been the clear #1 all year and would easily be the best one-loss team.

LT Profits

because if Wisky runs the table they are getting...no and's, if's, or but's about it...simply because the loser of Clemson/Miami in the ACC championship game is basically an elimination game.
    Not quite true, Alabama loss and Oklahoma win would knock Big Ten out.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma

They do not belong..........

Wisky is the real #4 team............

The Giant

No (meaning yes I am sure lol), Alabama is already in. They have been the clear #1 all year and would easily be the best one-loss team.
    One more scenario. Are we certain Auburn, with their two losses, gets in over an undefeated Wisconsin game?

Da Manster!

Not quite true, Alabama loss and Oklahoma win would knock Big Ten out.
    well that's not quite true either...it all depends on the committee and their point of view...sometimes it's subjective, not objective...you could make a compelling case for each of those teams getting in or even being left out for that matter...I just don't see an undefeated team from a power 5 conference being left out this year..that is a big reason why they got rid of the old BCS format.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Oklahoma

They do not belong..........

Wisky is the real #4 team............
    Big Ten would have had more of a case if Oklahoma did not blow out Ohio State in Columbus. Wiscy's best win all year would be if they beat Ohio State, but Oklahoma doing it in Columbus is convenient tiebreaker.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami's quarterback sucks, he will get completely exposed against a good defense.

thomorino

Big Ten would have had more of a case if Oklahoma did not blow out Ohio State in Columbus. Wiscy's best win all year would be if they beat Ohio State, but Oklahoma doing it in Columbus is convenient tiebreaker.
    Wisconsin is a joke, I'm an alumni, they've played no one, Michigan is a bad team and they struggling with them at home most of the game. Wisconsin has not beaten a single team that will finish top 25.

LT Profits

One more scenario. Are we certain Auburn, with their two losses, gets in over an undefeated Wisconsin game?
    Absolutely and not really close, if Auburn wins SEC, they would have best resume in the country beating Georgia, Alabama and Georgia again all late in the year.

thomorino

Absolutely and not really close, if Auburn wins SEC, they would have best resume in the country beating Georgia, Alabama and Georgia again all late in the year.
    Ohio State will roll Wisconsin in the big ten championship game and Auburn will lose to Alabama, the question is if Georgia can get in over Auburn despite the heads up loss.

LT Profits

well that's not quite true either...it all depends on the committee and their point of view...sometimes it's subjective, not objective...you could make a compelling case for each of those teams getting in or even being left out for that matter...I just don't see an undefeated team from a power 5 conference being left out this year..that is a big reason why they got rid of the old BCS format.
    Going undefeated is not as meaningful vs. one if weakest schedules in the country, possibly THE easiest schedule for Power 5 team. So that should not get much consideration.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Ohio State will roll Wisconsin in the big ten championship game and Auburn will lose to Alabama, the question is if Georgia can get in over Auburn despite the heads up loss.
    SEC Champion will be in, so Georgia controls its fate with loss to Auburn meaning nothing.

thomorino

SEC Champion will be in, so Georgia controls its fate with loss to Auburn meaning nothing.
    Of course Georgia will get in if they win the SEC championship, but Alabama will roll them. The question will be does a 2 loss Auburn team get in over a 2 loss Georgia team with Auburn owning the head to head despite Georgia being the better team most of the year.

LT Profits

Of course Georgia will get in if they win the SEC championship, but Alabama will roll them. The question will be does a 2 loss Auburn team get in over a 2 loss Georgia team with Auburn owning the head to head despite Georgia being the better team most of the year.
    If Alabama wins SEC, then Auburn has no chance to get in with 3 losses.

thomorino

If Alabama wins SEC, then Auburn has no chance to get in with 3 losses.
    I disagree, if Wisconsin gets blownout by Ohio State they will have no wins over top 25 teams and a blowout loss to the only ranked team the play. Auburn will look like the clearly better team, with 2 of their 3 losses to top 5 teams. If Wisconsin losses by double digits in the big ten championship game Auburn will get in over them.

The Giant

I disagree, if Wisconsin gets blownout by Ohio State they will have no wins over top 25 teams and a blowout loss to the only ranked team the play. Auburn will look like the clearly better team, with 2 of their 3 losses to top 5 teams. If Wisconsin losses by double digits in the big ten championship game Auburn will get in over them.
    Ohio State says hello.

12 Last