1. #1
    etp
    etp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-04-13
    Posts: 32
    Betpoints: 48

    Local bookie won't pay

    I've been betting with the same local bookie on-again, off-again for a few years now. I have paid him ~$20,000 over that timeframe including $1,900 two weeks ago.

    Last week, I lost $3,000 (my limit), and was planning on paying him Tuesday or Wednesday (standard). However, I received a text from him on Tuesday that if I don't pay up immediately, my wagers this week won't be honored. Funny he says that because I hit a parlay on Monday, and I'm up ~$10,000 this week.

    Here's my dilemma: A) I don't feel comfortable paying him now that he has threatened to not pay me (how do I know if I'll even get my money back?), and B) What should I do if he doesn't pay me?

  2. #2
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 272,007
    Betpoints: 3024

    your fukked either way

    wear wire and turn him in

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  3. #3
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 21,791

    he's right.

    do what he says.

    BTP
    Week 12
    3-2-0 203 pts


  4. #4
    shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-06-12
    Posts: 6,610
    Betpoints: 1329

    call an attorney
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/14/2017


  5. #5
    PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!
    PeterJohnson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-10-17
    Posts: 909
    Betpoints: 27

    Offshore is your friend..

  6. #6
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 18,938
    Betpoints: 56

    Fill out a complaint form here.

  7. #7
    funnyb25
    We Got Games!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-09-09
    Posts: 19,808
    Betpoints: 122

    Quick question. What have you been doing for 4.5 years?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/11/2017


  8. #8
    SBR Tracy
    Update your status
    SBR Tracy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-15-17
    Posts: 319

    Quote Originally Posted by etp View Post
    I've been betting with the same local bookie on-again, off-again for a few years now. I have paid him ~$20,000 over that timeframe including $1,900 two weeks ago.

    Last week, I lost $3,000 (my limit), and was planning on paying him Tuesday or Wednesday (standard). However, I received a text from him on Tuesday that if I don't pay up immediately, my wagers this week won't be honored. Funny he says that because I hit a parlay on Monday, and I'm up ~$10,000 this week.

    Here's my dilemma: A) I don't feel comfortable paying him now that he has threatened to not pay me (how do I know if I'll even get my money back?), and B) What should I do if he doesn't pay me?
    Hi etp, If you encounter issues with sportsbook feel free to file a complaint by using this link https://www.sportsbookreview.com/sportsbook-complaint/ -- Thank you
    Points Awarded:

    bonzaii gave SBR Tracy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

  9. #9
    qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-04-09
    Posts: 785
    Betpoints: 1948

    If he doesn’t pay you, there is nothing you can do.

    BTP
    Week 14
    5-0-0 775 pts


  10. #10
    Jay85
    Jay85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-08-17
    Posts: 372

    People still use bookies in 2017?
    Lol

  11. #11
    xraygord
    Go Jets Go!
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-18-09
    Posts: 2,254
    Betpoints: 213

    Cause damage to his property that will cost him more than what he owes you if he doesn't pay up.

  12. #12
    YoungGambler
    repetition is the father of learning
    YoungGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-14
    Posts: 1,446
    Betpoints: 200

    Let me be your bookie. I'll honor everything

  13. #13
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 21,791

    second post ever

    pass

    traps

    BTP
    Week 12
    3-2-0 203 pts


  14. #14
    daneblazer
    🤞
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-14-08
    Posts: 23,526
    Betpoints: 49

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    your fukked either way

    wear wire and turn him in

    BTP
    Week 14
    3-2-0 239 pts

    BTP
    Week 12
    3-2-0 180 pts


  15. #15
    qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-04-09
    Posts: 785
    Betpoints: 1948

    Last login - 4.5 years ago.

    BTP
    Week 14
    5-0-0 775 pts


  16. #16
    CWD
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-22-12
    Posts: 5,022
    Betpoints: 55

    even sbr tracy clowned this guy

  17. #17
    funnyb25
    We Got Games!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-09-09
    Posts: 19,808
    Betpoints: 122

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tracy View Post
    Hi etp, If you encounter issues with sportsbook feel free to file a complaint by using this link https://www.sportsbookreview.com/sportsbook-complaint/ -- Thank you
    Oh wow
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/11/2017


  18. #18
    HurryUpAndDrink
    (And chop some lines)
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-23-13
    Posts: 585
    Betpoints: 448

    terrible sign your bookie saying that

    settle and BOL collecting

    guy sounds volatile and kinda dicky... avoid upsetting him, he will find an excuse to slowpay or stiff, I doubt you will blast a cap on his ass so better avoid conflict

    once you are settled, look for another out or 2 ASAP


    as a rule of thumb, use bookies who are well regarded by piers... and not the sleazy mob type (most connected guys are big enough they will never break a sweat paying, just be respectful and cordial, at all times)

  19. #19
    semibluff
    refuses to update status
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-12-16
    Posts: 287
    Betpoints: 937

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    second post ever

    pass

    traps
    2nd log-in ever.

  20. #20
    franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-06-11
    Posts: 1,275
    Betpoints: 36

    Is this a real money bet or betpoints bet?

    BTP
    Week 14
    3-2-0 221 pts


  21. #21
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 16,467
    Betpoints: 1533

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tracy View Post
    Hi etp, If you encounter issues with sportsbook feel free to file a complaint by using this link https://www.sportsbookreview.com/sportsbook-complaint/ -- Thank you
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/07/2017


  22. #22
    etp
    etp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-04-13
    Posts: 32
    Betpoints: 48

    Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Quick question. What have you been doing for 4.5 years?
    To be honest, I don't frequent this forum much, and I had to reset my password to sign in.

  23. #23
    etp
    etp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-04-13
    Posts: 32
    Betpoints: 48

    Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    terrible sign your bookie saying that

    settle and BOL collecting

    guy sounds volatile and kinda dicky... avoid upsetting him, he will find an excuse to slowpay or stiff, I doubt you will blast a cap on his ass so better avoid conflict

    once you are settled, look for another out or 2 ASAP


    as a rule of thumb, use bookies who are well regarded by piers... and not the sleazy mob type (most connected guys are big enough they will never break a sweat paying, just be respectful and cordial, at all times)
    Yep, I'm in a pretty shitty situation. So you'd pay him $3K and then hope he pays next week?

  24. #24
    shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-06-12
    Posts: 6,610
    Betpoints: 1329

    Quote Originally Posted by etp View Post
    Yep, I'm in a pretty shitty situation. So you'd pay him $3K and then hope he pays next week?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/14/2017


  25. #25
    krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-13-08
    Posts: 7,132
    Betpoints: 197

    When do you normally settle up?

  26. #26
    funnyb25
    We Got Games!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-09-09
    Posts: 19,808
    Betpoints: 122

    Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    When do you normally settle up?
    Every Tuesday or Wednesday is standard. Prolly why he is in a bind, because today is the deadline. So he is risking $3k to win $10k
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/11/2017


  27. #27
    etp
    etp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-04-13
    Posts: 32
    Betpoints: 48

    Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    When do you normally settle up?
    Tuesday or Wednesday, but occasionally I'll rollover or he'll rollover.

  28. #28
    shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-06-12
    Posts: 6,610
    Betpoints: 1329

    Quote Originally Posted by etp View Post
    Tuesday or Wednesday, but occasionally I'll rollover or he'll rollover.
    has he stiffed you or anyone you know in the past?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/14/2017


  29. #29
    etp
    etp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-04-13
    Posts: 32
    Betpoints: 48

    Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    has he stiffed you or anyone you know in the past?
    Nope. I've referred a couple people to him, and he has always paid, but sometimes takes a few weeks. One person who bets with him did have to threaten to call the cops to get paid (the bookie owed him money for over a month).

  30. #30
    temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-16-10
    Posts: 776
    Betpoints: 9244

    Can SBR give this local bookie a rating? I wonder if he will get a higher rating than Topbet?

  31. #31
    shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-06-12
    Posts: 6,610
    Betpoints: 1329

    Quote Originally Posted by etp View Post
    Nope. I've referred a couple people to him, and he has always paid, but sometimes takes a few weeks. One person who bets with him did have to threaten to call the cops to get paid (the bookie owed him money for over a month).
    tell him to maybe cut the difference and pay you 7k? 10 minus the three you owe him.... idk, I don't even bother with locals for situations like this.... Bol pal. you should start with an offshore asap.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/14/2017


  32. #32
    biggie12
    Life Is A Risk!
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-30-05
    Posts: 7,846
    Betpoints: 60

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tracy View Post
    Hi etp, If you encounter issues with sportsbook feel free to file a complaint by using this link https://www.sportsbookreview.com/sportsbook-complaint/ -- Thank you
    Thats gotta be the post of the year.

    BTP
    Week 11
    4-1-0 515 pts

    SBR Founder Join Date: 12/30/2005


  33. #33
    Preds13
    Preds13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-05-17
    Posts: 5

    Quote Originally Posted by etp View Post
    Nope. I've referred a couple people to him, and he has always paid, but sometimes takes a few weeks. One person who bets with him did have to threaten to call the cops to get paid (the bookie owed him money for over a month).
    There's your answer , not a good sign when a local pays late anytime.

  34. #34
    etp
    etp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-04-13
    Posts: 32
    Betpoints: 48

    Quote Originally Posted by Preds13 View Post
    There's your answer , not a good sign when a local pays late anytime.
    Yep, I'm aware of that, and it's my fault for continuing to bet with him. But I'm not in the mood to get punked after paying him ~$20,000 over the past few years.

  35. #35
    TheDempster
    TheDempster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-27-17
    Posts: 83
    Betpoints: 1022

    Wow....!

1234 ... Last
Top