unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Hit a bookie for $6500 one week. He said "bring money, just show me you had it" I said wait a minute I did not increase bets until I got up 1500. He said "OK bring 15, just show me you had something." I met him, he paid. He never asked to see money at the meeting place. I played with him until he got old and sick. Guys that owed him money were scared to death.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    Hit a bookie for $6500 one week. He said "bring money, just show me you had it" I said wait a minute I did not increase bets until I got up 1500. He said "OK bring 15, just show me you had something." I met him, he paid. He never asked to see money at the meeting place. I played with him until he got old and sick. Guys that owed him money were scared to death.
    If you give a guy credit and he wins it just is what it is you shouldn't have to see any money you extended the credit you should be able to pay you shouldn't call yourself a bookie if you don't have a s*** ton of money.

Guys who claim to be bookies and can't pay out a quick little 10-ball are the real frauds in this whole thing

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

...... I have seen it a million times over the years some punk decides he's going to start taking action, he starts making some good money money starts flowing in, then one week some jerk off hits them up for like 15 - 20 dimes and all the sudden he's looking for any way out that he can but it wasn't that case when he was taking their money.

F****** amateurs

etp
    etp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    Do you have the 3k to pay him this week? He is trying to see if you were taking a shot at him
    Yes, of course. I paid him $1,900 last week, and have paid him ~$20K over the years.

I could see him thinking I was taking a shot if I was a new client, but that's not the case.

etp

even if the local is short next week he has to at least give you the 3k back and owe the rest of the 10k....if not that is grounds for a severe beating.

Is this guy an agent or the main bookie??
    Middleman said it's the main's policy, and the main contacted me.
    Last edited by etp; 10-12-17 at 11:01 AM.

etp

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJohnson View Post
    Dont think it's a PPH
    It is a PPH. 5plays

etp

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    OP stated bookie has slowpayed before... so he is flexible on his settle dates but rigid when it comes to his customer who is down 20k btw. Bookie maybe needs his % yeah, but shit flies both ways, if he slowpays youd think hed be more lenient towards something like this. Being a bookie is no privilege, it goes fukkin both ways.

Guy needs to pay off this dumb fukk, get paid and dump his ass to the curve, get someone more trustworthy. Making threats over 2 days late is BS... especially since bookie himself has screwed around in the past.
    I didn't add this to the original post, but the bookie owed me ~$600 three weeks ago and he didn't pay on time, and then I lost ~$2,500 the following week and had to pay him $1,900.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by etp View Post
    Middleman said it's the main's policy, and the main contacted me.
    I didn't add this to the original post, but the bookie owed me ~$600 three weeks ago and he didn't pay on time, and then I lost ~$2,500 the following week and had to pay him $1,900.
    When the main contacted you did you explain that this is why you are skeptical? 100% the main guy does not know his agent is slow paying players. Call the main and give him the run down on your agent. Problem solve..../thread

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

People respond well to violence. Knee-cap him.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    your fukked either way

wear wire and turn him in

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    Had the same thing happen to me with a guy in Boca. He wanted, actually demanded, to see a bank statement. Was debating telling him to just keep it..thought he might be a fed or something. So glad online came along. Hate those scum bag rude bookies. Give you the run downs so fast and busy signals.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, of course. I paid him $1,900 last week, and have paid him ~$20K over the years.

I could see him thinking I was taking a shot if I was a new client, but that's not the case.
    have you tried having a sit down with him and talking to him like a man.

Tell him your concerns and explain your history.

If he still treats you like a jerk don't play with him anymore.

Out here I've told bookies to kick rocks these guys are soft.

Back east or in south florida (a lot of mobsters or mob type guys in south florida) I don't know.

etp

When the main contacted you did you explain that this is why you are skeptical? 100% the main guy does not know his agent is slow paying players. Call the main and give him the run down on your agent. Problem solve..../thread
    This is what I said (his response in quotes):

I've paid $20K over the years. I'd never not pay as my history shows.

"I don't care have much you have paid."

Threatening to not honor my bets when I'm up $10K this week doesn't give me comfort in knowing that I'll get my money back. And I won two weeks in a row and never received a penny.

"I highly doubt that."

Ask him. I didn't get paid two weeks in a row.

"I'm telling you to pay today. That's what is happening."

That won't happen after threatening to not pay me. I have no idea if I'll get my money back. Just a tip, if the rule is any future bets don't count until you pay then A) you should tell me that from the beginning (NOT after I won money), and B) how come this didn't apply any other weeks? Had I known about this from the beginning then I would have had no problem meeting up today with cash. But the fact that I find out about this "rule" after I win money is BS. And I'm not even a new client -- I created an account years ago.

... no response on his end

And then today I did what you suggested... I told him that his middleman is slow paying people, and asked if he knew. No response yet.
    Last edited by etp; 10-12-17 at 11:47 AM.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Threatening to not honor my bets when I'm up $10K this week doesn't give me comfort in knowing that I'll get my money back. And I won two weeks in a row and never received a penny.

"I highly doubt that."

That won't happen after threatening to not pay me. I have no idea if I'll get my money back. Just a tip, if the rule is any future bets don't count until you pay then A) you should tell me that from the beginning (NOT after I won money), and B) how come this didn't apply any other weeks? Had I known about this from the beginning then I would have had no problem meeting up today with cash. But the fact that I find out about this "rule" after I win money is BS. And I'm not even a new client -- I created an account years ago.

And then today I did what you suggested... I told him that his middleman is slow paying people, and asked if he knew. No response yet.
    WOW.....this is not good. Keep us posted if/when you get a reply back from the main. How well do you know the agent? Do you guys meet in person to square up?

etp

WOW.....this is not good. Keep us posted if/when you get a reply back from the main. How well do you know the agent? Do you guys meet in person to square up?
    I have always paid via Venmo, PayPal, etc., but I know people who meet up in person.

The middleman is a friend of a friend. My friend referred me and a group of friends to him back in the day, and he has never not paid anyone, but he is known for slow paying. I previously mentioned this, but one time someone I know threatened to call the cops if he didn't pay soon because it had been so long. He ended up paying.

I could easily threaten to contact Venmo, PayPal, and 5plays, but I'd feel like a little bitch.

seanrachel13
    seanrachel13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4920

He said that because he wants to make sure you don't say i'm up 10,000 so just take the 3 off of it!

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

I have always paid via Venmo, PayPal, etc., but I know people who meet up in person.

The middleman is a friend of a friend. My friend referred me and a group of friends to him back in the day, and he has never not paid anyone, but he is known for slow paying. I previously mentioned this, but one time someone I know threatened to call the cops if he didn't pay soon because it had been so long. He ended up paying.

I could easily threaten to contact Venmo, PayPal, and 5plays, but I'd feel like a little bitch.
    What state/city are you in etp?

etp

What state/city are you in etp?
    Southern California

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!
    PeterJohnson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

So whatever happen with your situation?

etp

So whatever happen with your situation?
    This is the latest:

"I highly doubt that."

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!

What a dick tbh he needs a little roughing up imo you don't mess with others people money period especially when you have bet with him for 2 years and NEVER missed a payment and he threatens you like that. Just keep the 3k i no you won but from the sounds of it your not going to get paid take the 3k and move online man waaaay less stress. I could see if you just started up with the dude and he wants to know you got what your betting ok i can see that but not after you've had a clean record for over 2 years no sorry.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Edit: double post

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Curious to see if the main replies back ....when where u supposed to square the 3k?

etp

Curious to see if the main replies back ....when where u supposed to square the 3k?
    Yesterday. Still no reply from him, but he did block my account.

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!

Then that's your reply lol

etp

Then that's your reply lol
    Yep, it appears so. Now I need to decide if I want to screw this guy over.

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!

Decide???? There's no deciding on that the answer is YES!

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Wat was the parlay?

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Either we are not hearing the whole story, or they are planning to rip you off.

I say odds are the former.

vividjohn45

Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post
    His local is broke.
    True a broke dikk fukk. Does he also post on sbr?

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

fukk these lowlife bookies man, what a fuckin mess... and all over 10k

I also broke a bookie once, all my coworkers bet with him and he collected every week, week after week... then he opened my acct and i lost 1st week, lost the next 3... over 10 times my credit amount... guy cut my limits midweek to $5 max bet (LOL) and bitched and moaned in public I was cheating someway... even got the PPH to check all action IPs and shit

He then proceeded to pay me and say some shit to me... told him only reason I was gonna let that slide and dont beat his ass up it was because he was close with my boss...

cokksucker still afraid of me, bumped into him at some sportsbar and after a while he was gone... I was certainlyplanning to start some shit some drinks after... he didnt gimme the chance

Some bookies are cowards, but a lot are underfunded and have no clue

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

For example he would let me parlay golf, tennis and soccer no restrictions...

Tennis and soccer being my main sports, I took him for 8 and 6 teamers constantly, my 2-3 teamers never lost, maybe once...

vividjohn45

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You have to wear a wire, you can find them online and you also got a buy a vest and get someone to tape you up

then tell them you want your money plus $2000 more or your going to the feds
    Jj. Modern Cell phones record. Ur gonna get this guy shot looking like the michillen man..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lol

anthonydiamondLC
    anthonydiamondLC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1741

Any real bookie would of been pro active and contacted you and said hold onto your 3k this week since your up 10k and lets just see what happens the remainder of the wk and will settle up for the difference next wk. It sounds like the guy got hit pretty hard in the previous wk and needs the 3k to settle up with other players. He is obviously an amateur because no real book would ever text you that early in a wk and demand you pay or your winnings don't count. A book thats been around knows its early in the wk and most likely would trust you'd probably lose it back by Sunday especially if your a consistent player and bet pretty regularly on a day by day basis. Its unfortunate hes coming across like a little bitch, but I think you'll be ok if you pay the 3k. Worst case you'll at least get that back and some of winnings. Only a real douche bag would not pay the 3k back.

First 1234567 Last