Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Will Michigan get the NCAA 2013 trophy

Will Louisville vacate there 2013 trophy in the NCAA tournament

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Stupid question. When a title is vacated, no one gets it.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

The NCAA does everything they can to make sure titles are not vacated, only if the evidence is overwhelming. They don't want "vacants" in their record books. Remember when Syracuse was busted, they listed penalties for a bunch of years but said the title year of 2003 was "clean."

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1736

That was already settled like a year or two ago when it first came out

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Are any of the programs being investigated eligible for the death penalty for these infractions? And if so, would it start this year or is the season too close to starting for the NCAA to shut them down?

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

no, and not because everyone knows when a title is vacated that no other team gets it, but because every f'n team in the sweet sixteen pays its f'n players and cheats its ass off as much as anyone else, to the full extent they deem possible without getting caught....

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    The NCAA does everything they can to make sure titles are not vacated, only if the evidence is overwhelming. They don't want "vacants" in their record books. Remember when Syracuse was busted, they listed penalties for a bunch of years but said the title year of 2003 was "clean."
    Hey dickhead. 2003 wasn't involved in the NCAA witch hunt, so fck off. That Championship is absolutely clean. Go read up, and learn something about the bullshit that went down then get back to me. Until then, go bet on some horsies and take a slew up your ass.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Hey dickhead. 2003 wasn't involved in the NCAA witch hunt, so fck off. That Championship is absolutely clean. Go read up, and learn something about the bullshit that went down then get back to me. Until then, go bet on some horsies and take a slew up your ass.
    but can we still give it to marquette for making the final four? kansas/texas can be eliminated too

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    but can we still give it to marquette for making the final four? kansas/texas can be eliminated too

Just glad we didn't have to play Marquette. We ran through the Big 12 to win it all...cleanly. I don't know who that c ock smoke is, but that annoys me. You guys would have had a better shot than Kansas. We beat Okie State, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas. Marquette with Wade would have been more trouble.

milwaukee mike

Just glad we didn't have to play Marquette. We ran through the Big 12 to win it all...cleanly. I don't know who that c ock smoke is, but that annoys me. You guys would have had a better shot than Kansas. We beat Okie State, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas. Marquette with Wade would have been more trouble.
    yeah marquette presented some matchup problems... they beat kentucky and then got smoked by kansas, who was just too fast

wade should've stayed 1 more year, with the 3 point shooting of novak/diener they would've had a good chance at another run

syracuse deserved the championship

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    yeah marquette presented some matchup problems... they beat kentucky and then got smoked by kansas, who was just too fast

wade should've stayed 1 more year, with the 3 point shooting of novak/diener they would've had a good chance at another run

syracuse deserved the championship
    Would have been nice to see Wade versus Melo. Cuse had a lot more than Melo, as did Marquette with Wade. I hate talking about it because ignorant statements like above raise my BP. Always liked Marquette when we weren't playing. Buzz had our number, then came to bug us at VaTech. Crean, not so much though, but he built the program up.

milwaukee mike

Would have been nice to see Wade versus Melo. Cuse had a lot more than Melo, as did Marquette with Wade. I hate talking about it because ignorant statements like above raise my BP. Always liked Marquette when we weren't playing. Buzz had our number, then came to bug us at VaTech. Crean, not so much though, but he built the program up.
    yeah it seems like crean was the much better recruiter and buzz was the much better coach

at least to me, wojo is kind of a mix of those

it's good to have teams to root for that are somewhat relevant, even if they're not final 4 worthy every year... can you imagine being a fan of boston college or de paul? painful

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4149

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Are any of the programs being investigated eligible for the death penalty for these infractions? And if so, would it start this year or is the season too close to starting for the NCAA to shut them down?
    I am not sure what you mean by "eligible" for the death penalty.... every team is "eligible" in the sense that if they commit repeated infractions, it can be passed down to *anyone*....

I have to say that what is going on at Louisville is probably the most deserving of the death penalty since the original case of SMU 30+ years ago.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lol

Game is over chief

Lol

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Cuse. That is the best you can do? Talk about a 2003 hoops season in the College FOOTBALL site. Why are you here to begin with? Syracuse has not lost less than 5 games in a season since 2001. Syracuse is so desperate that they have signed to play the Albany Great Danes in 2021. Bad team.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

You can F-off asshole. I didn't say their title wasn't clean, just when a team gets busted the NCAA always goes out of their way to make sure nobody questions the years the team won the title because they don't want any questions about it. They'll do the same with North Carolina if they get any penalties for that academic probe.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Saloon

sad you would even want it

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by "eligible" for the death penalty.... every team is "eligible" in the sense that if they commit repeated infractions, it can be passed down to *anyone*....

I have to say that what is going on at Louisville is probably the most deserving of the death penalty since the original case of SMU 30+ years ago.
    Yeah, poor choice of words on my part. I just was wondering if these actions could cause a program to get axed. And would it happen this year.