VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

Nine suspended Florida players now face multiple third-degree felony fraud charges

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...fraud-charges/

Nine Florida players have been suspended since the start of the season and are now facing third-degree felony charges related to an investigation into improper debit card charges and alleged fraudulent use of ************.
    The players facing felony charges are running back Jordan Scarlett, wide receivers Antonio Callaway and Rick Wells, defensive linemen Jordan Smith, Keivonnis Davisand Richerd Desir-Jones, linebackers James Houston IV and Ventrell Miller, and offensive lineman Kadeem Telfort.
    The nine players all faces at least two felony charges, one for fraud under $20,000 and one for impersonation. Smith faces three additional impersonation charges. Telfort faces a total of 30 felony charges, including the fraud charge, 13 impersonation charges, 12 charges for illegal credit card use and three charges of falsifying his identity.
    View image on Twitter

The nine players have been serving indefinite suspensions since the start of the season.
    Complaints were filed against each of the respective players and will now be reviewed by the State Attorney's Office. In the complaints, the investigators discovered that "students had added large amounts of funds electronically to their UF Bookstore debit accounts using one or several different ************ that did not belong to them. Some of the students even saved the card for future charges. … The students then used the funds in their UF Bookstore debit accounts to purchase items from the UF Bookstore in person."

Most of the players purchased electronics, including Apple laptops, iPads and Beats headphones, with the funds they added to their respective accounts. Telfort is also accused of using the stolen ************ for multiple food deliveries, which is why he's facing dozens more charges than the others.
    "We obviously took this matter very seriously, as evidence by Coach [Jim] McElwain's decision to suspend the players immediately and indefinitely from all team activities," athletics director Scott Stricklin said in a statement. "We have respected the appropriate process from the beginning and will continue to do so."
    The biggest names are Callaway and Scarlett, two starters and playmakers on offense. They are each accused of transferring just under $2,000 to their university bookstore accounts. Smith is accused of taking over $5,000 in credit card funds across his schol bookstore and parking accounts. Desir-Jones and Miller each allegedly transferred under $2,000, while Telfort, Davis, Wells and Houston all added $1,500 or less.
    Callaway was Florida's leading receiver last season, and he's been a star special teams contributor since beginning his career at Florida. Scarlett led the Gators in rushing yards and touchdowns a year ago. Neither has played a down in 2017, and with these recent charges, it's likely both will miss even more time. Davis was the only other player expected to see significant action this season.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

if this isn't proof enough that players need to be paid at least a living wage I don't know what is..

you guys see the kid that ordered junk food to his room? gummy worms and hot fries and stuff.

they're broke man.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    if this isn't proof enough that players need to be paid at least a living wage I don't know what is..

you guys see the kid that ordered junk food to his room? gummy worms and hot fries and stuff.

they're broke man.
    9 players commit dozens of felonies and you turn them in to victims

Typical

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

There are over 150,000 student athletes enjoying over $2.9billion in scholarship benefits.

9 clowns here that should be studying and working out, non stop, till they can declare.

They ruined their own lives.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Strike while the iron is hot.

Vanderbilt VS Florida
    Vanderbilt +10 -110
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    There are over 150,000 student athletes enjoying over $2.9billion in scholarship benefits.

9 clowns here that should be studying and working out, non stop, till they can declare.

They ruined their own lives.
    theres people like christian ponder who used their scholarship wisely and not only got their bachelors, but also their mba for free. if you get in trouble, chances are you were looking for it.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28935

they're broke man.

These were just dumb criminals being dumb criminals.
    Having food delivered and purchasing iPads and Beats headphones are not necessities for living.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

they're broke man.
    Black logic

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    9 players commit dozens of felonies and you turn them in to victims

Typical
    I didn't comment on the dozens of felonies.

I see kids that have to steal to get junk food?

I focused on that.

if that's making them victims sure.

You voted for Trump right?

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Black logic
    so everybody calling for players to get paid because they're broke.

they're using black logic?

Wheatgrass
    Wheatgrass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 728

the dining options for athletes are incredible

no need for gummy worms. probably had the munchies

Wheatgrass

24-hr food available for athletes. too lazy to walk to the dining hall

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    These were just dumb criminals being dumb criminals.
    Having food delivered and purchasing iPads and Beats headphones are not necessities for living.
    The headphones and all that bs not needed

but I now for a fact that training table cafeteria closes pretty early what if its 11pm and you need to eat?

and you're starving.

do you steal crab legs from publix?

maybe lmao

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

they're broke man.

They're on scholarships. Accommodation, education, and yes food is taken care of. Trust me, I was on one for hockey and didn't have to worry about anything, nor did football friends I knew.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatgrass View Post
    24-hr food available for athletes. too lazy to walk to the dining hall
    Not everywhere.

24 hours no

dlowilly

I didn't comment on the dozens of felonies.

I see kids that have to steal to get junk food?

I focused on that.

if that's making them victims sure.

You voted for Trump right?
    Of course you didn't comment on the felonies. You tried to rationalize their behavior by portraying them as victims and deflected accountability to the universities. Total bs

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post

They're on scholarships. Accommodation, education, and yes food is taken care of. Trust me, I was on one for hockey and didn't have to worry about anything, nor did football friends I knew.
    The cafeteria isn't open 24/7 at most places.... you guys forget too quickly. players have commented on seeing their jersey for sale at the games and in the campus store and online. They're dead broke. Been a number of them come out and talk about it. The RB the dude that played for The Texans I think from the Vols talked about it for hours on joe rogans podcast. Trust me a lot of CFB players you watch are broke as fukk.

maggiethebestdog

so everybody calling for players to get paid because they're broke.

they're using black logic?
    I think most normal people might say they should get some off the money but only blacks would say that a group of criminals had no other choice but to commit a million felonies to get by.

You do know they will pay them $20/hr to turn on the automatic sprinklers, right??? Blacks are so lazy they won't even accept a fake job.

teaserpleaser

Of course you didn't comment on the felonies. You tried to rationalize their behavior by portraying them as victims and deflected accountability to the universities. Total bs
    You're looking into it a little too hard....I'm just saying the kids need to be paid.

That's my focus if that's making them victims to you that's cool.

You seem to REALLY be focused on the felonies. Not my problem. I don't really care either way.

But the kids should be paid obviously.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    I think most normal people might say they should get some off the money but only blacks would say that a group of criminals had no other choice but to commit a million felonies to get by.

You do know they will pay them $20/hr to turn on the automatic sprinklers, right??? Blacks are so lazy they won't even accept a fake job.
    hilarious

show me where I said they had no other choice... copy and paste that shit.

oh there we are you're crazy and racist.

I think were done here.

dlowilly

The cafeteria isn't open 24/7 at most places.... you guys forget too quickly. players have commented on seeing their jersey for sale at the games and in the campus store and online. They're dead broke. Been a number of them come out and talk about it. The RB the dude that played for The Texans I think from the Vols talked about it for hours on joe rogans podcast. Trust me a lot of CFB players you watch are broke as fukk.
    A lot of people are broke but don't commit felonies to get what they want. What the fuk is wrong with you?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

i figure take Vandy +10 now
    then wait for line movement
    if no line movement, re-evaluate by Saturday.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

A lot of people are broke but don't commit felonies to get what they want. What the fuk is wrong with you?

Hillary supporter

teaserpleaser

omg

jezz like talking to a rock or a trump voter.

Fukk man why are you back on the felonies again?okay we get it they fukked up. Felonies yes.

You quoted me I didn't mention crime or felonies and your back on the felonies. I get it felonies. They broke the law look I get it.

will you shut the fukk up about felonies now? god damn.
    You're point felonies

my point they're broke need to be paid

do you get it?

I cant be any more crude than that.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

It's not "THEIR" Jersey, it's the school jersey. The athletes have no proprietary rights and the school is under no obligation to put athletes name on the jersey, thou I'm sure players would have a heart attack if they lost that avenue of recognition.

No-one understands property rights anymore, which is why we have a generation of cluelessness.

Wheatgrass

UF athletes have free food available 24/7

id bet my left nut on that

teaserpleaser

Are any of those "A lot of people" Told they cant have jobs? Any of those people Fulltime college football students/football players.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Lol free food, they pretty much should be getting salaries.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Go Gators

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    It's not "THEIR" Jersey, it's the school jersey. The athletes have no proprietary rights and the school is under no obligation to put athletes name on the jersey, thou I'm sure players would have a heart attack if they lost that avenue of recognition.

No-one understands property rights anymore, which is why we have a generation of cluelessness.
    Call me crazy but I think uh

I think these young men should be compensated for their likeness being used and sold for a big profit.

I also think they should get more than a gift bag and a ring in some cases for bowl games where their university makes a killing.
    Theres something wrong with you if you read that and say "nah fukk that I'm still good with those kids not getting paid. "

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatgrass View Post
    UF athletes have free food available 24/7

id bet my left nut on that
    obviously not for hot fries and gummy worms and I forget the rest of the junk food.

I cant prove it but it sounds like somebody had the munchies.

dlowilly

omg

jezz like talking to a rock or a trump voter.

Fukk man why are you back on the felonies again?okay we get it they fukked up. Felonies yes.

You quoted me I didn't mention crime or felonies and your back on the felonies. I get it felonies. They broke the law look I get it.

will you shut the fukk up about felonies now? god damn.
    You're point felonies

my point they're broke need to be paid

do you get it?

I cant be any more crude than that.
    This thread was about football players committing felonies. You decided to immediately post that was proof players need to be paid. You are saying not being paid to play football caused these football players to commit felonies. I and other reasonable posters are saying that is a lie, the football players cause themselves to commit felonies. It's more false narrative bs and everyone is getting really sick of it.

maggiethebestdog

hilarious

show me where I said they had no other choice... copy and paste that shit.

oh there we are you're crazy and racist.

I think were done here.
    Since you think "were" and "we're" are the same thing, I realize you are retarded. My bad.

You used the article to make a point that this situation shows that players need to be paid because they are "broke". A normal person would realize this is about criminal activity. If you wanted to bring up the issue of pay you could have started out with "obviously this behavior has nothing to do with guys getting paid but maybe we need to start that conversation up again". I know that would require a double digit IQ to figure out, so once again, my bad.

Florida football players are most likely paid. They can get anything they want 24/7. They can get fake jobs. They could get a real job. You are so stupid you think they can't have a job. They don't go to class, never study and the athletic dept pays smart students do their work at a C grade level. This is about a bunch of thugs, period.

Other than that stuff you make some really good points.

maggiethebestdog

Call me crazy but I think uh

I think these young men should be compensated for their likeness being used and sold for a big profit.

I also think they should get more than a gift bag and a ring in some cases for bowl games where their university makes a killing.
    Theres something wrong with you if you read that and say "nah fukk that I'm still good with those kids not getting paid. "
    Nobody is saying that. They are saying that using this situation to make that argument is retarded. Junk food???

I will ask what someone already did. WTF is wrong with you???

Timmah2483
    Timmah2483's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

snowball the only 1 here saying anything that matters... rest of this is facebook garbage

12 Last