dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    If you got out of your contract by getting fired for carrying baggage unrelated to work in the NFL, you might have trouble getting hired again.

Some players will break a bone in the locker room to get on injured reserve just so they can't, by the rules, get cut from the team.

Many players value any NFL contract and realize just how fortunate they are to have one.

Kap didn't realize his job would be at stake, or those guys with the bigger picture the OP mentioned would shrink their picture 10 fold. The job is more important for not all, but nearly all of these guys....its the NFL.

every sentence is BS, every single one. especially the second. and how do you know what Kap was thinking. sentence three is your opinion. and sentence one implies not all have freedom of speech.

basically you are a typical crazy and don't know what the fck you are writing about.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ryermkd View Post
    You have no idea how politics work, DudeWeed was a gift to America. It was well organized by those in the know... easy to trick the masses. We got exactly what we wanted south of the border. I honestly think Canada played its role in the election of Donald J. Trump.

don't know what this means.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

No, it shows you don't understand why this isn't about the first amendment and why a person's rights aren't threatened with their job requirement and employer's enterprise.

You are one of those.

But carry on with your misplaced constitutional rhetoric.
    Great response K

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPond View Post
    Why should it matter if he urges men to grab women by the pussy if he has good ideas and governs well?

right, and he has great ideas and his governing has been stellar

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    every sentence is BS, every single one. especially the second. and how do you know what Kap was thinking. sentence three is your opinion. and sentence one implies not all have freedom of speech.

basically you are a typical crazy and don't know what the fck you are writing about.

I know first hand of players that have broken bones in the locker room to not get cut.

Advisers advising rookies tell the rookies and the players agree themselves that the contract is like hitting the lottery.

It's very valuable to the players and if you don't think so you must not see the line of players waiting for their turn.

Kap currently wants to play and is working out. He wants a job in the NFL. He can't get one.

If he didn't regret it, he'd walk away from the NFL and pursue his agenda.

But he's pining for a job in the NFL.

Once again, you're back to freedom of speech, showing you don't understand how that part of the constitution works.

Yes dante, players value their NFL contracts and this isn't about freedom of speech.

Are those two things that hard to get?

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

I'm fine letting the free market take care of this a La Kapernick. The contract lawyers need to write language into the contracts that can suspend a player for a year without pay. Then if they want to knell and sit out a year then great.

Same thing with the fake liberal news. It's a windfall for the non fake news and destroying once valuable brands like CNN.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    don't know what this means.
    Shocking!

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

You make a good point here.

Why was he even talking about this stuff last night? Anyway, had my fun for today. We'll get to do this again tomorrow.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Are there still any questions about freedom of speech and how it does not apply here?

Do posters still think that the First Amendment of the US constitution protects people in the private workplace?

While the major sports are given special antitrust exemptions by congress, it's tough to extend the first amendment requirements to those employers and as of now, they don't.

So why posters want to do it can only be because the posters don't understand the law.

Now, if Trump has said those players should be arrested, then it's a different conversation.

The NFL has a long history of dealing with distractions by expendable players and the owners could easily exercise their rights here. They will walk a fine line on this one for sure as the values and social conscience of the NFL seems to be shifting a bit and the NFL is playing into the mainstream media to a degree.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    I'm fine letting the free market take care of this a La Kapernick. The contract lawyers need to write language into the contracts that can suspend a player for a year without pay. Then if they want to knell and sit out a year then great.

Same thing with the fake liberal news. It's a windfall for the non fake news and destroying once valuable brands like CNN.
    Another moronic idea. The NFLPA would NEVER allow the owners to suspend players without pay over expressing their 1st Amendment rights.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Fuckin guys can protest all they want I say fire them. When I was a kid it was on your feet hat off no questions asked I said the pledge everyday at school it was a respect thing.
    Those days, sadly, are way gone.

I am still trying to figure out why they are protesting?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Another moronic idea. The NFLPA would NEVER allow the owners to suspend players without pay over expressing their 1st Amendment rights.
    See post 79.

You may be wrongly applying the first amendment here, unless congress forces the NFL to act, it's currently considered a private workplace.

You are better than that A4K.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    You probably won't respond because you rarely ever do but if you are a hired entertainer such as a NFL football player then you have every right under the law to excercise your first amendment right. BUT IT DOES NOT PROTECT YOUR JOB...the owners and NFL are losing money and they have every right to fire your ass. Many people find this disgusting and they boycott NFL. If the first amendment protected you from losing your job then you could say the most obscene things and expect to keep your job? NO wrong it does not work that way kranken, but because they are using it to bring up a issue you might agree with your ok and they should be protected bull shit it don't work that way.
    Talent protects their jobs. No owner gonna cut a guy helping them win games, and if they do another will hire them in a instant.. if you a bum like kapernick probably best not to kneel, if you a good player you can do want you want.

fukkin comical that anyone not watching cause this petty crap actually think they effecting NFL bottom line. I guess that pretty common character trait of these types tho, delusional belief in their self importance. If NFL is indeed losing any money it stems from many issues far more relevant than the twits who get their panties in a bunch about everything,

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

See post 79.

You may be wrongly applying the first amendment here, unless congress forces the NFL to act, it's currently considered a private workplace.

You are better than that A4K.
    Re-read my post...the NFLPA will NEVER let owners suspend players without pay over this issue. Will never happen. I am well versed in 1st Amendment rights as they apply to the workplace. In this case it would be a contractual issue and as of this posting the CBA does NOT allow NFL teams to suspend players without pay over kneeling for the anthem.

2daBank

Just as ya'll say they should be suspended, cut, whatever. The owners can do as they wish and clearly they prefer to keep the talent on their teams playing.

Wonder what would make a bigger dent to their bottom line, losing the few actually not watching cause the protest or how many more they would lose by hurting a already deteriorating product by suspending guys? Really don't think the number of folks not watching cause these protest is all that high.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Talent protects their jobs. No owner gonna cut a guy helping them win games, and if they do another will hire them in a instant.. if you a bum like kapernick probably best not to kneel, if you a good player you can do want you want...
    I agree, it's true that the NFL also has a history of protecting their valuable assets but some players are expendable...

...The NFL has a long history of dealing with distractions by expendable players...

In this thread, it's the posters trying to bring in the first amendment, even after being told it's irrelevant, that are missing the biggest points.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Re-read my post...the NFLPA will NEVER let owners suspend players without pay over this issue. Will never happen. I am well versed in 1st Amendment rights as they apply to the workplace. In this case it would be a contractual issue and as of this posting the CBA does NOT allow NFL teams to suspend players without pay over kneeling for the anthem.
    I read your post, I agree the NFLPA will not put any suspension clauses in the contracts, but not because it has to do with first amendment rights, because it has to do with player protections.

The first amendment is irrelevant here.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Players could give the middle finger next or pull down their pants during the anthem.. Where does it stop? There has to be rules set in place.. Player code conduct on the field..

Players can do this stuff off the field but should not be doing during game with paying American fans watching.. No body wants to see the player protest or political statement crap being displayed..

Owners and the league need to step in... Automatic suspension for those that don't take part in the American National Anthem.. This is an American sport and as about as American as it gets..

2daBank

I agree, it's true that the NFL also has a history of protecting their valuable assets but some players are expendable...

In this thread, it's the posters trying to bring in the first amendment, even after being told it's irrelevant, that are missing the biggest points.
    No doubt, probably not a good idea for a fringe player w questionable talent to do this on his own. The talented commit far more egregious acts than kneeling during the anthem and continue to be employed.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

NFL owners denounced trump today

He has no friends anywhere

Guy can't buy a win even with billions of dollars

What a joke

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

What a joke
    Owners don't want Trump telling them how to handle their business. He needs to stay in his lane -- insult trading with Rocket Man and failing on Obamacare repeal.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Are there still any questions about freedom of speech and how it does not apply here?

Do posters still think that the First Amendment of the US constitution protects people in the private workplace?

While the major sports are given special antitrust exemptions by congress, it's tough to extend the first amendment requirements to those employers and as of now, they don't.

So why posters want to do it can only be because the posters don't understand the law.

Now, if Trump has said those players should be arrested, then it's a different conversation.

The NFL has a long history of dealing with distractions by expendable players and the owners could easily exercise their rights here. They will walk a fine line on this one for sure as the values and social conscience of the NFL seems to be shifting a bit and the NFL is playing into the mainstream media to a degree.

So your telling me that you have jim brown in his prime and he kneels and you get rid of him. lol You sir have no clue. Yes guys like kap should of known his value. But I could imagine ocho cinco wanting a new contract and kneeling to get release. Than you believe he should be suspended for a year. What are we communist?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    So your telling me that you have jim brown in his prime and he kneels and you get rid of him. lol You sir have no clue. Yes guys like kap should of known his value. But I could imagine ocho cinco wanting a new contract and kneeling to get release. Than you believe he should be suspended for a year. What are we communist?
    I never said any of those things, in fact I agreed that the better talent would never get fired, better talent has done far worse than kneeling and hasn't been fired.

I also agreed that the NFLPA would never allow suspensions in the contracts, but I said it was for player protections and had nothing to do with the first amendment.

How could you be so wrong about what I've said in this thread?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

A4K Roy has a lot of those views

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

I never said any of those things, in fact I agreed that the better talent would never get fired, better talent has done far worse than kneeling and hasn't been fired.

I also agreed that the NFLPA would never allow suspensions in the contracts, but I said it was for player protections and had nothing to do with the first amendment.

How could you be so wrong about what I've said in this thread?

misquoted wrong person. sorry.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

...How could you be so wrong about what I've said in this thread?

edit, just saw your post. Thanks for clearing it up Chico.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

What a joke
    he just became the most powerful man in the world. He was already a multi billionaire.

you post fake news on a forum

I guess you definitely win

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

What a joke
    When he decided to run and win the presidency that was his win, and in doing so said fuk you to all the millionaires who only care about money. Trump is beyond his fake friends now. Its about the country. He is making a mockery of NFL owners for the money grabbing people they are and giving them tips on how to put out a better product because honestly the NFL is crap now days.

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    The contract lawyers need to write language into the contracts that can suspend a player for a year without pay.
    Ohhh...The "contract lawyers" lol. Yes, just slip that one past the union during the next negotiation.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

What's even more classic... these owners standing up for their players.

Why?

Because if one owner is found believing in what Trump has stated... it would be ONE BIG WAR in that Franchise for years.

Are citizens that ignorant??? They think that owners.... coaches.... hate Trump?

Another thing... if blacks would stop saying the USA is unequal. It's really ignorant.

I stand by Trump 100% for what he said. It needed to be said.

Stand for your country. Don't be a baby bitch.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Add Jim Harbaugh to the list of individuals that don't understand how the US constitution does not apply here.

He spoke in an interview and cited the constitution.

Are there really that many people who don't understand the first amendment?

I guess there are.

TheMoneyShot

Now there's someone kneeling in fukking BASEBALL

Send him back to the minors!!!!

Just a bunch of million dollar pu$$ies.

TheMoneyShot

Add Jim Harbaugh to the list of individuals that don't understand how the US constitution does not apply here.

He spoke in an interview and cited the constitution.

Are there really that many people who don't understand the first amendment?

I guess there are.

Anyone take a good look at Harbaugh's front teeth? Guy been hitting some Mary Jane lately.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fukk em,they quit.............

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Fukk em,they quit.............
    I would be really scared if I was an owner right now...

No telling if all of this could blow up in their face.

I wouldn't piss off a viewer at the moment.

First 123456 ... Last