packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I think people underestimate Mayweather. He's from the streets. The guy has been fighting since he was a baby plus he's always in incredible shape and fast as shit.
    I want to see this happen,and im just a casual UFC Fan.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    You and Mase Of Base need to relax,were having a fun debate,gonna tell me they couldn't get the public interest to see a UFC Fight with Floyd Mayweather,alot of people would love to see Mayweather in the Cage,McGregor had no training in Boxing,but guess what he put together 9 rounds against one of the top Boxers in his time,so don't act like Mayweather couldn't do it because he's abit older.
    Conor uses his fists in his sport. Floyd has never kicked or grappled in his life. Totally different.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Conor uses his fists in his sport. Floyd has never kicked or grappled in his life. Totally different.
    Pay the guy enough and im sure hed be up for it,I don't think itll happen,but it would be pretty interesting to see.

jtoler

Pay the guy enough and im sure hed be up for it,I don't think itll happen,but it would be pretty interesting to see.
    I wonder how many pure boxers have tried it, I only remember Toney who was decimated in seconds. I think there were a couple more around the time Toney did it.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I wonder how many pure boxers have tried it, I only remember Toney who was decimated in seconds. I think there were a couple more around the time Toney did it.
    Good question id have to do a abit of research,I bet Tyson would have if UFC was big back in his day, he was one of the guys I could see taking a shot at it.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Good question id have to do a abit of research,I bet Tyson would have if UFC was big back in his day, he was one of the guys I could see taking a shot at it.
    Toney was slow and punch drunk when he tried. His legs were shot and always had poor footwork. Take a guy like Mayweather who is quick, not as weak as people think and incredible footwork and he would perfect for UFC.

I know it sounds crazy but who do we know that would not pay to watch that fight? EVERYONE we know would watch this. You would have UFC fans out the ass and boxing fans as well. The numbers on this fight would be epic. I really don't see how this cannot happen???

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Toney was slow and punch drunk when he tried. His legs were shot and always had poor footwork. Take a guy like Mayweather who is quick, not as weak as people think and incredible footwork and he would perfect for UFC.

I know it sounds crazy but who do we know that would not pay to watch that fight? EVERYONE we know would watch this. You would have UFC fans out the ass and boxing fans as well. The numbers on this fight would be epic. I really don't see how this cannot happen???
    It would sell no question about that,so many Boxing fans would be up for seeing Mayweather in a different form of Fighting,see how handles a much different fighting environment,it would be very fascinating to see how hed handle it.

I think it could happen,they cant wait around to long though,strike while the interest is their and Mayweather is still a reasonable age.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Who won the fight?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Connor showed a lot of heart but he has very limited boxing skills. Floyd did his usual nothing for first few rounds and then when he realized Connor had little to offer he began to pick him apart. Had ref let it go on for another 30 seconds, Connor would have gotten hurt. He was out on his feet.

Cash grab for both fighters but they put on an entertaining match.

Floyd still has enough to beat any active fighter 154 down. That includes Thurman and Crawford. Too skilled for Thurman and too big for Crawford.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Connor is an MMA fighter not a boxer.. That's why we saw hammer fists and blows to the back of the head in the clinch also McGregor taking the back like a MMA fighter and unloading punches from behind is what MMA fighters do not boxers....

Ref cut McGregor some slack as points probably should have been deducted.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Mayweather would get murdered in an MMA fight with McGregor, one clinch and he'd get elbow'd, knee'd and then taken down.. He'd get'd kicked if it stayed standing..He wouldn't survive a round.. Stop dreaming fellas...

Mayweather is a boxer not an MMA fighter.. James Toney trained a year for MMA and got destroyed once he entered the Octagon.. One takedown and it was over..

I saw Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia get his clock cleaned in an MMA match against Roy Mercer. Out of any art the Boxer has the best chance to beat an MMA guy in an MMA fight

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    He's only 40 and doesn't even know how to pay his taxes. He'll be broke by 45 and will be fighting into his 50s like almost all fighters.
    he knows.... guys a lot smarter than you think. don't buy in to the narrative

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I saw Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia get his clock cleaned in an MMA match against Roy Mercer. Out of any art the Boxer has the best chance to beat an MMA guy in an MMA fight
    Wrestling rules in MMA but Boxers/kick boxers are second best if they can learn SOLID take down defense and have the ability to get back up when taken down.. Only then is a boxer dangerous in MMA.. Still need basic Jits defense and be able work out of the clinch against the cage at the UFC, Bellator or even Legacy organization levels.. Fighters are generally well rounded at those pro levels in MMA. Boxers also have to worry about defending kicks in MMA..

On the flip - Wrestlers in MMA quickly pick up Jits quickly.. If wrestlers become really good stand up fighters then those wrestling based fighters usually become the most dangerous in sport of MMA, they can win standing or on the ground in other words.. They can go to skill if they are getting punked in other one.. That's a game changer in MMA fights..

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I forgot about Ray Mercer. Yeah a boxer should fair better overall.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

First ... 891011