Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Anquan Boldin Retires

According to Jim Trotter of ESPN, wide receiver Anquan Boldin has left Bills camp today, and has informed the team he’s retiring.

The 36-year-old Boldin had signed with the Bills earlier this month, just before they traded Sammy Watkins to the Rams, and they were hoping he’d lend stability to a depth chart lacking firepower.

They’ll now have to rely on trade acquisition Jordan Matthews (once he’s healthy), rookie Zay Jones and former Raider Andre Holmes, among the inevitable newcomers.

If Boldin is indeed finished, he’s walking away from the NFL with an incredible resume already. He has 1,076 receptions (ninth on the league’s all-time list) for 13,779 yards (14th) and 82 touchdowns (23rd).

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pretty strong career

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I'll never forget that helmet to helmet hit that he took when they were playing the Jets. Warner was considering retiring after he threw a high pass to Boldin that got him smashed in the end zone. Boldin had to have several plates and over 3 dozen screws to fix a fractured sinus membrane and he only missed 2 games. Talk about a tough player.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

he played the game the right way

tough as nails and well respected

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

i would too if i played for that offense

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Yeah, probably not a HOF'er, but one of the first guys you'd want on your team.

I hope he enjoys retirement and has as little CTE as possible.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PromiseLand

BravesSaints
    BravesSaints's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

The Bills just ruin things for everybody right now lol

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Belichick calls in 3..2...1....

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Did you see the reason he gave for his retirement? Can you believe that Bull S**t? The truth is that he is afraid that one more big hit and he becomes a vegetable for the rest of his life. He may have a valid concern, but if I am the Buffalo owner, I sue this piece if caca for every penny he is worth. Because of his signing, the Bills traded WR Sammy Watkins to the L.A. Rams. Now they have no experienced healthy WR's at all. For a guy who is allegedly so concerned about his "people", he sure put the screws to Tyrod Taylor.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

He was one tough SOB. Mindset of a defensive player, playing offense.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Did you see the reason he gave for his retirement? Can you believe that Bull S**t? The truth is that he is afraid that one more big hit and he becomes a vegetable for the rest of his life. He may have a valid concern, but if I am the Buffalo owner, I sue this piece if caca for every penny he is worth. Because of his signing, the Bills traded WR Sammy Watkins to the L.A. Rams. Now they have no experienced healthy WR's at all. For a guy who is allegedly so concerned about his "people", he sure put the screws to Tyrod Taylor.
    and your mad why tho BigDaddy? doesnt matter if the reason is real or not its his life and decision lmao

tiktok
    tiktok's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7665

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Belichick calls in 3..2...1....
    For what? A trade?

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    he played the game the right way

tough as nails and well respected
    Guy was a badass. He was a beast at FSU. I will never forget his last year in college. He ended up having to play QB for the bowl game and throw a bomb like 65 years for a td. One of the greats

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

After former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner made it to the Hall of Fame, we asked him to identify a former teammate for whom he’d bang on the table for a bronze bust.

“It’s like picking your favorite kid you know because I’ve got four guys that I believe all belong in the Hall of Fame when it comes to receivers that I played for: Isaac Bruce, Larry Fitzgerald, Tory Holt, Anquan Boldin, and I believe all of them belong in the Hall of Fame,” Warner said on PFT Live. “I might bang the table for Anquan Boldin because I think of all those guys he gets the least respect for how great he is. It amazes me, we want to keep looking at measurable and how fast guys are as opposed to just one of the greatest football players I ever played with.

“Competed more than anybody I ever played against. Wanted the ball in his hands. Was a difference maker. Everybody tries to get rid of him and he just goes and he’s the No. 1 receiver on that next team. So I believe he’s the one that gets the least amount of respect. So I would love to get on the table for him as well because I believe when you look at his overall numbers and what he’s done it’s incredible, as all those guys are.”

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

He told the Bills he was "all in".

At the poker table those words are binding.

Very selfish move to reneg on his words.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Guy was a badass. He was a beast at FSU. I will never forget his last year in college. He ended up having to play QB for the bowl game and throw a bomb like 65 years for a td. One of the greats
    guy was as physical a wr as they come

looking at his stats, I'm not sure he is a HOFer but don't forget his intangibles are off the charts..great teammate, did the little things to win, well liked and respected among NFL players and executives...the intangibles could give him the extra push to get in.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Loved him in SF

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

“In light of Edelman’s injury, a league source said the Patriots and recently retired Anquan Boldin had mutual interest in bringing Boldin to New England this offseason, and he remains intrigued by the possibility,” The Globe’s Ben Volin reports. “But the point is likely moot. Boldin signed with the Bills, and was placed on Buffalo’s reserve/retired list Aug. 22. That means the Bills retain his rights, and they would need to release him in order to let him sign with the Patriots. That sort of cooperation from a division rival doesn’t seem likely.”

There’s almost no world where the Bills would release Boldin’s contract so he could bolster the Patriots roster. These conversations almost definitely took place prior to the Patriots acquisition of Phillip Dorsett, so it's doubtful the interest remains on the Patriots side.