Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Jay Cutler Is A Dolphin

Jay Cutler will come out of retirement and sign a one-year deal with the Dolphins, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter (via Twitter). Ian Rapoport of NFL.com was the first to tweet that Cutler was leaning towards returning to the field.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Didn't even know he retired. Saw that Tannehill was out for probably the year. Not the worst signing, given the circumstances.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

High Maintenance - Needs an Income

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I hope it's not too hot for him down there. They might have to adjust the weather for him.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I hope it's not too hot for him down there. They might have to adjust the weather for him.
    Warm weather guy who was stuck in cold cities. Never know, he may surprise. If he somehow gets over his fear of getting hit, and milking a fake injury.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Warm weather guy who was stuck in cold cities. Never know, he may surprise. If he somehow gets over his fear of getting hit, and milking a fake injury.
    10 mill for one year.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Watch him have a career year.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Watch him have a career year.
    He could. He's also better than Tannehill.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    He could. He's also better than Tannehill.
    I can't wait to hear all the penetrating liberal morons talk about how this proves Kapernick is being blackballed. Cutler has had many good years as a pocket quarterback, played in Gase's system successfully in Chicago, and got lazy the last couple years with his big contract and no talent around him. I think he will have a solid year with a top 10 receiving corp.
    Last edited by thomorino; 08-06-17 at 01:28 PM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Gase only coach he played good for

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33110

He will be good in Miami .

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I can't wait to hear all the penetrating liberal morons talk about how this proves Kapernick is being blackballed. Cutler has had many good years as a pocket quarterback, played in Gase's system successfully in Chicago, and got lazy the last couple years with his big contract and no talent around him. I think he will have a solid year with a top 10 receiving crop.
    Definitely fits Gase's system better than Tannehill. Could be a blessing for the Dolpheens. I think Cutler is a bum, but he's talented. Just happens to be afraid of his own shadow.

They could beat up on the Jets for sure, and split with the Bills. Maybe even sneak one out from the Pats. 4 wins in the Division. Think they have the pieces to make a run at a WC spot.

Oh yeah, some Libs will freak out on this one. Same ol' shit. Don't even watch the game, and they will think it's political.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I can't wait to hear all the penetrating liberal morons talk about how this proves Kapernick is being blackballed. Cutler has had many good years as a pocket quarterback, played in Gase's system successfully in Chicago, and got lazy the last couple years with his big contract and no talent around him. I think he will have a solid year with a top 10 receiving crop.
    Well Jay's best years never came close to Colin's best years, but Colin should have nothing to do with Cutler being signed. Hope it works out in Miami, I was never a fan of Tannehill.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Well cutler never overcame in chicago. Good luck in miami

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Well Jay's best years never came close to Colin's best years, but Colin should have nothing to do with Cutler being signed. Hope it works out in Miami, I was never a fan of Tannehill.

Cutler had 6 good years, Kapernick had 2, and Kapernick played behind one of the best offensive lines an NFL team has put on the field in the last 15 years. Cutler had a career, Kapernick had 2 good season playing in an offense anyone could have played well in. Put Kapernick on the Chicago team Cutler led to the NFC Championship and they barely win 8 games.

jtoler

Cutler had 6 good years, Kapernick had 2, and Kapernick played behind one of the best offensive lines an NFL team has put on the field in the last 15 years. Cutler had a career, Kapernick had 2 good season playing in an offense anyone could have played well in. Put Kapernick on the Chicago team Cutler led to the NFC Championship and they barely win 8 games.
    Kap had 4 good individual years, last year he threw 16 tds and only 4 picks, I bet many dont even realize that, qb rating wasnt good though. Im not a fan of Kap really but numbers wise he had some productive seasons as far as NFL qbs are concerned. Jay, lotta int's, qbr over 70 once, actually like good Jay, I consider bad Jay when he's trying to make impossible throws, gift and a curse having that rocket arm, you think you can make any throw.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I can't wait to hear all the penetrating liberal morons talk about how this proves Kapernick is being blackballed. Cutler has had many good years as a pocket quarterback, played in Gase's system successfully in Chicago, and got lazy the last couple years with his big contract and no talent around him. I think he will have a solid year with a top 10 receiving corp.
    Kap has been blackballed, but it has nothing to do with this signing. Obviously Cutler is a fit here and Kap isnt.

thomorino

Kap has been blackballed, but it has nothing to do with this signing. Obviously Cutler is a fit here and Kap isnt.
    Being a horrible quarterback who can't pass from the pocket is why teams won't sign him, their are murderers who have gotten NFL contracts. See Dante Stallworth.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Called this the other day and was an obvious move to get someone with some mileage on them to jump in this close to season. I'm not saying it will improve the Fins' chances of winning in the division but doesn't hurt.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Being a horrible quarterback who can't pass from the pocket is why teams won't sign him, their are murderers who have gotten NFL contracts. See Dante Stallworth.
    Not the biggest fan of Kap's game by any means, but he could have been a fit for certain teams but for the sideshow stuff. It's pretty obvious.

thomorino

Not the biggest fan of Kap's game by any means, but he could have been a fit for certain teams but for the sideshow stuff. It's pretty obvious.
    There is no respectable team that could get to the playoffs with Kapernick, teams figured out the read option 5 years ago.

Cuse0323

Well, getting on Facebook was a mistake. Ignorant fools around the land think it should have been Kaep. Yet, he doesn't fit their offense at all. Cutler is miles ahead of him, which is rough to pull off when you're a bum.

Sure, Kaep could be a 3rd stringer, but what's the point of bringing his bullshit to your team? Oh boy, he got blackballed from sitting on the bench. He's a backup at best, but you actually need to have some intelligence to do that. Along with duties to help out the starter. That's why certain backups stay in the league. He wouldn't do a damn thing to help out a team. Would never humble himself for the sake of a team.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Kap had 4 good individual years, last year he threw 16 tds and only 4 picks, I bet many dont even realize that, qb rating wasnt good though. Im not a fan of Kap really but numbers wise he had some productive seasons as far as NFL qbs are concerned. Jay, lotta int's, qbr over 70 once, actually like good Jay, I consider bad Jay when he's trying to make impossible throws, gift and a curse having that rocket arm, you think you can make any throw.
    He had good stats against bad teams, the 49ers offense was not impressive and the team was horrible. He started more than 11 games twice in his career. Cutler had the far better career and its not even close.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

look at the pic Sammy posted

now look at GUMMO77's

Not that there's anything wrong with it

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I like the pick up I think he can help

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Cutler will be fine. To compare "best years" between Cutler and Kaepernik seems a bit ridiculous.

Both Qb's known to make bad decisions late, but Kaep has been far worse about it. I wish some teams would print the real scout sheet, SF coaches had some bad things to say about Kaep. They tried to get improvement, but it looks like it just never came.

Kaep could be a back up somewhere, but he needs work to stay a starter in the NFL.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    look at the pic Sammy posted

now look at GUMMO77's

Not that there's anything wrong with it

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I like the pick up I think he can help
    lol what happened to Cutler being "whore shit"?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

worst Miami Dolphins moments.

- Dan Marino Retires
    - Don Shula Retires
    - 49ers beat Miami in the Super Bowl
    - Taking Culpepper over Brees
    - Ricky Williams retires
    - Marino tears Achilles heal
    - Dave Wannstedt
    - Nick Saban
    - Jay Cutler

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    worst Miami Dolphins moments.

- Dan Marino Retires
    - Don Shula Retires
    - 49ers beat Miami in the Super Bowl
    - Taking Culpepper over Brees
    - Ricky Williams retires
    - Marino tears Achilles heal
    - Dave Wannstedt
    - Nick Saban
    - Jay Cutler
    I think paying Ryan Tannenhill 16 million is worse than all those, Cutler for 10 is a bargain.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

I think paying Ryan Tannenhill 16 million is worse than all those, Cutler for 10 is a bargain.
    I hope I am wrong about Cutler. He did have arguably his best season as a pro with Gase as his coach in Chicago. I think Matt Moore is better. We will see.

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

Not a Miami fan, but I think he was the best QB available. I'm glad they didn't pick up Kap.

jtoler

I listened to host on radio last night and the discussion was Kap's career aside from the sideshow, host was saying Kap was a pretty good qb, every caller who called in wanted to talk about the flag, it infuriated the host, not sure what he was expecting. Today a different radio host was saying Kap has shown in his career that he's a better qb than Cutler, some agreed. Not sure, I really havent followed them like that, two different type qbs with different styles, when Kap was effective it was fun to watch, never got used to his throwing style and not a high completion percentage qb., Cutler had his moments also.

12 Last