MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

NBA Salaries becoming joke...

How the heck are the teams/owners bending over and lubing their bum bum to the players like this? All the bums are getting max or near max contract.

Why not try to get players from abroad for fraction of cost instead of overpaying bum players. I am sure foreign start players can be had for less money.

Its ok to give max contracts to top players but so many bums are getting max or near max contracts. The thing is these bums once they lock in the big contracts, won't try as hard until its time for new contract, so even if they are decent good, after the contract they are less good and probably the foreign star players are close to these bum levels.

Fans should do something about it and stop going to games/watching games during the regular season and if they really want to watch wait till play offs or basically finals.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

not our problem

NBA is just another activity to bet on

it's value as a bet form has declined for many reasons.

MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

one of the reasons nba is unbettable lately is because of bums getting overpaid. never know when they will play with max effort once they have fat contract locked up.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

The owners money, not ours. Who cares. I say no salary cap. LeBron ruined the league so teams are paying out their ass. Minny, Philly, and a few others are sitting back and waiting. Throwing money at older players isn't gonna win you shit.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyMax View Post
    How the heck are the teams/owners bending over and lubing their bum bum to the players like this? All the bums are getting max or near max contract.

Why not try to get players from abroad for fraction of cost instead of overpaying bum players. I am sure foreign start players can be had for less money.

Its ok to give max contracts to top players but so many bums are getting max or near max contracts. The thing is these bums once they lock in the big contracts, won't try as hard until its time for new contract, so even if they are decent good, after the contract they are less good and probably the foreign star players are close to these bum levels.

Fans should do something about it and stop going to games/watching games during the regular season and if they really want to watch wait till play offs or basically finals.
    dont hate, it's bad for your healthy long term.

Also you shouldn't worry about how the next man spends his money

sure as hell shouldn't hate on the next man for getting money.

You sound jealous or something.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

The NBA is going to fall behind the NHL within the next decade. While the hockey guys are playing aggressively and focusing on their trade, night in and night out, the NBA guys are getting this massive money while having the perception of bitching about rest, racial injustice, and political issues. It's already grinding on sports fans, and it's just a matter of time before it transfers to pocketbooks.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

So who are you blaming? The owners?
    Last edited by GUMMO77; 07-02-17 at 02:10 PM.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    The NBA is going to fall behind the NHL within the next decade. While the hockey guys are playing aggressively and focusing on their trade, night in and night out, the NBA guys are getting this massive money while having the perception of bitching about rest, racial injustice, and political issues. It's already grinding on sports fans, and it's just a matter of time before it transfers to pocketbooks.
    If anything is going to fall apart, other than the NHL, it's going to be baseball.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    If anything is going to fall apart, other than the NHL, it's going to be baseball.
    Don't see it. Baseball is still the most affordable sport of the Big 4 to attend, and they are increasing their Hispanic percentage among players as that same demographic is now the #1 minority base in America. MLB and the MLS will profit from that alone. The NBA represents a stagnant minority base that is not seen as favorable to about 50% of the population due to the continual racism card that has been used by groups like BLM.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

the sad part is that the players still feel underpaid.. but at the same time. Joe lacob purchased gsw for 450million and turned his investment sixfold in less than 5 years... pretty ridiculous.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

NBA is great with marketing which translate to advertising dollars which further translate to big tv contracts and higher salaries
    It is really easy math

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Are there more hispanics at the MLB games than before? I honestly have no idea. I know in Miami there were hardly anyone going to the games when I went. That has a lot to do with how the Marlins are run and how many better things there are to do in Miami.
    I personally want baseball to get better. The game is dying. Like someone said, basketball does promote their players much better. Most of the public can't name a single baseball player, but they sure in hell know LeBron, Steph .... even Jeremy Lin.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Are there more hispanics at the MLB games than before? I honestly have no idea. I know in Miami there were hardly anyone going to the games when I went. That has a lot to do with how the Marlins are run and how many better things there are to do in Miami.
    I personally want baseball to get better. The game is dying. Like someone said, basketball does promote their players much better. Most of the public can't name a single baseball player, but they sure in hell know LeBron, Steph .... even Jeremy Lin.
    If Mike trout was in the NBA he would be lebron...but mlb don't promote him...if he walk in a grocery store no one would know who he was

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20433

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    If Mike trout was in the NBA he would be lebron...but mlb don't promote him...if he walk in a grocery store no one would know who he was
    Because he doesn't have any street cred. He needs a few dui's, domestic violence charge, and a strip club shooting or two. Then people will know who he is.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4137

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It is why most players do not play hard nightly

I love despite all the money 7 out of 10 end up in gutter drinking out of paper bag in ghetto