Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I can't believe he didn't shoot the three.

What goes on at the end of these NBA games????????

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Crazy

Bluehorseshoe

He had a mismatch on top of it.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6207

Strange decision he a very good player that greek guy he just froze

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6207

13 seconds left on clock no time outs left you must shoot the 3 to tie game surely

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 436

Also couldn't make a free throw.

Bluehorseshoe

The mob must of threaten his family back in Greece.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

You'll be amazed what happens to your thinking when under pressure. If he had it all over again, yea, 3 ball skies. But, I understand what pressure does and some people just go blank. This guy did.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

He wasn't going make a 3. Should have gone to the hole 5 seconds earlier

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

He thought he might get an and 1

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    You'll be amazed what happens to your thinking when under pressure. If he had it all over again, yea, 3 ball skies. But, I understand what pressure does and some people just go blank. This guy did.
    This... Very few guys have situational awareness in crunch time, which is why a good coach has to keep a timeout in his pocket in the end.

I coached 10 year olds basketball and we were in the semifinal game. Up 1 with 5 seconds left and the ball on the side, I told the kid taking the ball out, "pass the ball in the front court, whatever you do DO NOT pass the ball backwards towards their basket. Throw the ball into the front court, look for John". He had the John wide open in the front court, I'm screaming, "pass the ball to John, pass the ball to John", but what does he do? He throws the ball backwards, it gets stolen and the other team hits the winning layup as time expired. WTH? If he throws the ball in the front court, there's no way they can score. Are you kidding me?? Months later, I still can't believe he passed that ball. What the hell was he thinking?

Most of the time you don't get to practice situational basketball, so when players are put in the position, they have no clue what to do. I'm watching Giannis dribble, dribble, dribble and I'm saying to myself that he is going to go for a layup like an idiot. And sure enough he does it. That's what he's used to all season, not shooting the 3.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    He thought he might get an and 1
    he thought very wrong. All they were doing was running him off the 3 line and couldn't wait for him to drive to the hole like an idiot.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Illuminati got to him, clearly.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    This... Very few guys have situational awareness in crunch time, which is why a good coach has to keep a timeout in his pocket in the end.

I coached 10 year olds basketball and we were in the semifinal game. Up 1 with 5 seconds left and the ball on the side, I told the kid taking the ball out, "pass the ball in the front court, whatever you do DO NOT pass the ball backwards towards their basket. Throw the ball into the front court, look for John". He had the John wide open in the front court, I'm screaming, "pass the ball to John, pass the ball to John", but what does he do? He throws the ball backwards, it gets stolen and the other team hits the winning layup as time expired. WTH? If he throws the ball in the front court, there's no way they can score. Are you kidding me?? Months later, I still can't believe he passed that ball. What the hell was he thinking?

Most of the time you don't get to practice situational basketball, so when players are put in the position, they have no clue what to do. I'm watching Giannis dribble, dribble, dribble and I'm saying to myself that he is going to go for a layup like an idiot. And sure enough he does it. That's what he's used to all season, not shooting the 3.
    Mac the semi finals? as a coach, I have to question your choice to let this kid inbound the ball at that point in the season you should know your ace. This is on you pal....I bet parents were loosing it on you

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Mac the semi finals? as a coach, I have to question your choice to let this kid inbound the ball at that point in the season you should know your ace. This is on you pal....I bet parents were loosing it on you
    You know, in hindsight, I should have had another kid take the ball out. That kid would have followed my instruction to a fault. Shit happens so fast that you don't have time to think. I should have had another kid in the game the possession before that on defense where they cut the lead from 3 to 1. I definitely blamed myself for several days after that. How the hell did we lose that shit? Dammit.

Bluehorseshoe

Still, in all of my years of watching the NBA...I have never seen more game end where the losing team doesn't try to win the game. All of them go where the losing team runs the clock down to nothing.