seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Arizona, Duke, Kentucky, Louisville all make it to sweet 16????

What am I missing here? The 2's are better than the 1's. Is the round of 32 still the 2nd game on Saturday or Sunday? Seems too easy

WILL A NO. 2 SEED LOSE IN THE ROUND OF 32?

Yes -330

No +240

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Maybe Arizona

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

This just seems to good to be true or an error

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 326

Should hit. 7 and 10 seeds beat 2 seed quite often though

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Have a funny feeling Duke might get clipped in second round

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Lol.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

bye bye louisville

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

nobody knows

anyone can get knocked out any round

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I think Kentucky is vulnerable.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Does anyone NOT have any of these teams making the sweet 16?

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 145

I wouldn't guarantee Kentucky is even going to get by Wichita State if they meet.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Also remember #2 seeds have been getting clipped in the first round in recent years. Duke has lost recently, Michigan St last year. The only virtual lock in the NCAA tourney is #1 beating #16 in the first round

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I wouldn't guarantee Kentucky is even going to get by Wichita State if they meet.
    THIS is the reason odds looks so enticing. Other three 2-seeds seem "safe", but Kentucky would only be around -3.5 over Wichita State.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    THIS is the reason odds looks so enticing. Other three 2-seeds seem "safe", but Kentucky would only be around -3.5 over Wichita State.
    I actually think a protential Marquette/Duke matchup would be interesting. Marquette can really shoot the ball and could give Duke a game. Also, OSU playing Ville. Ville can play defense but struggles to score in games. A hot OSU squad is no picnic.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I actually think a protential Marquette/Duke matchup would be interesting. Marquette can really shoot the ball and could give Duke a game. Also, OSU playing Ville. Ville can play defense but struggles to score in games. A hot OSU squad is no picnic.
    Duke will still be a decided favorite though, Kentucky would be the only lukewarm favorite among the 2-seeds (unless Dayton beats Wichita State).

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

How big of a difference is it between a 15 and 16 seed? The 15 has only won 8 times. Wouldn't the percentages lead to believe that All four #2's advance to the sweet 16?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    How big of a difference is it between a 15 and 16 seed? The 15 has only won 8 times. Wouldn't the percentages lead to believe that All four #2's advance to the sweet 16?
    Most years, you would never see 2-seed only -3.5 over 10-seed. Wichita State being so underseeded could change the dynamic this year.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Profits Mary's vs zona line?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Louville will have a rough 2nd game too

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Most years, you would never see 2-seed only -3.5 over 10-seed. Wichita State being so underseeded could change the dynamic this year.
    I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss dayton. They can beat Wichita and kentucky.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss dayton. They can beat Wichita and kentucky.
    If Dayton wins, Kentucky would then be around -9 and OPs bet would look a lot better.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Profits Mary's vs zona line?
    Good point, Arizona around -4.5/-5. I guess that would be considered "lukewarm".

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Does anyone NOT have any of these teams making the sweet 16?
    I have Michigan upsetting Louisville

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    I have Michigan upsetting Louisville
    Michigan, Wichita, and St. Mary's all strong enough to get it done.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

My guess is Wichita would be the closest lined 2nd game potentially? Kentucky -3.5/-4 at most?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

South Carolina over Duke

Yes homer

TPowell

Outside of Duke, none of these 4 are what I would call locks to get there. Marquette and South Carolina is an awful game. Marquette should barely be in the tourny at best and SC has played like dog**** for a while now. I think Wichita could certainly get UK and Arizona/STM would be an interesting game as well.

bleedgreen
    bleedgreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    bye bye louisville
    absolutely. adios

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Outside of Duke, none of these 4 are what I would call locks to get there. Marquette and South Carolina is an awful game. Marquette should barely be in the tourny at best and SC has played like dog**** for a while now. I think Wichita could certainly get UK and Arizona/STM would be an interesting game as well.
    SC can turn any game into an ugly dogfight and Marquette can literally outshoot anyone in the country

You're not wrong but I think either team could give Duke trouble surprisingly when everyone is just locking them into the sweet 16....Like any upset will have to be their night

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    SC can turn any game into an ugly dogfight and Marquette can literally outshoot anyone in the country

You're not wrong but I think either team could give Duke trouble surprisingly when everyone is just locking them into the sweet 16....Like any upset will have to be their night
    True, just hard to see SC finally reverting back to mid-season form to make it competitive and with Marquette, sure they can shoot it good but Duke is one of the top 5 perimeter defensive teams in the country and Marquette is horrible guarding the 3 point line. Certainly anything can happen though

TPowell

Good point, Arizona around -4.5/-5. I guess that would be considered "lukewarm".
    Would it really be that high? My guess is it comes out Arizona -2 or so and gets bet up. Sagarin and KenPom would have to be way off for this game to open at -4/-5.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

True, just hard to see SC finally reverting back to mid-season form to make it competitive and with Marquette, sure they can shoot it good but Duke is one of the top 5 perimeter defensive teams in the country and Marquette is horrible guarding the 3 point line. Certainly anything can happen though
    Duke just a little overhyped to me....They're not untouchable, they've been upset plenty of times. Talent to win it all but damn people relax

How do you feel about Louisville? I think they have a solid draw to make a run....

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Duke just a little overhyped to me....They're not untouchable, they've been upset plenty of times. Talent to win it all but damn people relax

How do you feel about Louisville? I think they have a solid draw to make a run....

I have no clue with Duke. I think they could be vulnerable to a team that can body up Tatum and has quick guards to harass Kennard and Allen. Offensively, I just don't get what they do so well. They have great offensive players but they don't mesh well together IMO. Tatum is an animal and probably the best offensive player in the country when he gets going. The contested shots he makes are ridiculous and he's done it in hostile environments. Over the years, quick guards have given Duke worlds of trouble though and this year would be no different. Obviously they have a stupid easy draw compared to virtually ANY other team in the country. The top half of that bracket is loaded but the bottom has Duke, clueless Baylor, and a really good SMU team so maybe trouble there but still. Zero shot anybody else beats them IMO.

With Louisville, I didn't see much hope of making a Final 4 before the draw came out. Now, I feel pretty good about it. Michigan and OSU shoot the 3 well but they aren't that quick which is our Achilles heel (straight line drives past our guards). Oregon would be an interesting game but I think Pitino could figure a way to severely limit Brooks and stop Oregon in their tracks. Kansas is easily the worst 1 seed which is gravy for us. Even better, the majority of the other contenders in the MW are either hurt (Oregon and Creighton) or overachieved during the season (Iowa State and Purdue) and could fall early. It wouldn't shock me to see Rhode Island or Nevada in the Sweet 16. The problem with this Louisville team is they don't seal the deal very well. We haven't beaten ANY good teams away from home which is a red flag to me. Of course, you can say the same thing about UNC so maybe I'm overplaying that. When I watch them though, I see a team that has a lot of promise but they just do so many dumb things (poor shot selection, clock management, etc)

bleedgreen

I know sc is sitting at 500 last month, but I don't see any bad losses. some of those sec teams were figting for theyre life . not excusing poor performance, but I don't think Marquette can beat them

bleedgreen

I have no clue with Duke. I think they could be vulnerable to a team that can body up Tatum and has quick guards to harass Kennard and Allen. Offensively, I just don't get what they do so well. They have great offensive players but they don't mesh well together IMO. Tatum is an animal and probably the best offensive player in the country when he gets going. The contested shots he makes are ridiculous and he's done it in hostile environments. Over the years, quick guards have given Duke worlds of trouble though and this year would be no different. Obviously they have a stupid easy draw compared to virtually ANY other team in the country. The top half of that bracket is loaded but the bottom has Duke, clueless Baylor, and a really good SMU team so maybe trouble there but still. Zero shot anybody else beats them IMO.

With Louisville, I didn't see much hope of making a Final 4 before the draw came out. Now, I feel pretty good about it. Michigan and OSU shoot the 3 well but they aren't that quick which is our Achilles heel (straight line drives past our guards). Oregon would be an interesting game but I think Pitino could figure a way to severely limit Brooks and stop Oregon in their tracks. Kansas is easily the worst 1 seed which is gravy for us. Even better, the majority of the other contenders in the MW are either hurt (Oregon and Creighton) or overachieved during the season (Iowa State and Purdue) and could fall early. It wouldn't shock me to see Rhode Island or Nevada in the Sweet 16. The problem with this Louisville team is they don't seal the deal very well. We haven't beaten ANY good teams away from home which is a red flag to me. Of course, you can say the same thing about UNC so maybe I'm overplaying that. When I watch them though, I see a team that has a lot of promise but they just do so many dumb things (poor shot selection, clock management, etc)
    I agree duke can be exploited, but id be surprised if they don't make it to elite 8. I like smu team. but duke is tough...lot of pressure on them. Louisville, I think they'll be golfing next weekend if ok st wins. if Michigan wins, Louisville can beat them. I like evans he might be best player on the court...

12 Last