hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

If Penn St wins..

the Big Ten Championship they will be slotted ahead of Ohio St. Bank it.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 218

Penn state -3????

Pen will be #3

I can't wait for Oklahoma vs Oklahoma st and that better be on tv
    Going to be a sbootout

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Hope so.
    Last edited by jtoler; 11-27-16 at 12:57 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no idea

StatePenn
    StatePenn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

A slot in the playoff is really possible. Controversy will lead to a 8 team or 12 team playoff in the future. Too many good teams in the top ten, hard to pick just 4 at this point.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Penn State needs to beat Wisconsin and hope for a Clemson or Washington loss in their conference championships.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

It will be between PSU, OSU and UW.

I dont think OU has a shot anymore, which is probably a good thing. They'd just take a spot from a better team.

If UW beats CU, its 50/50 between UW and OSU for the 4th spot. UW will have 4 top 25 wins, as does OSU. UW is a conf champ but OSU has better wins and a tougher out of conf schedule. Basically, what matters more, tougher schedule and better wins vs. being a conf champion. They could put in UW and PsU and be consistent and save themselves which is why I think PSU has a slight esge over OSU

Playoff committee hooing Clemson loses so they can put in Alabama, UW, PSU and OSU and everyone will be happy.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

You haven't been paying attention if you think there's any chance psu won't make it with a B1G title. Do 5 seconds of research.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

ohio st ain't budging. u come into a game no. 2 and beat the number 3? and drop out? nope. they beat wisconsin, michigan, and oklahoma. penn st. lost by 40 to michigan, and lost to pitt. winning championship game won't wash away losses by 40, and one to an unranked team.
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave kingdom 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

habitualwinning gave kingdom 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Yup, you haven't been paying attention. I'd explain it to you, but I don't really give a shit.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Here is how it will go down. Alabama is in. If both Clemson and Washington win, they are in. Penn State will have to win BIG to pass Ohio State. Right now, Penn State is a 3 point DOG to Wisconsin.

dbartinbwgc
    dbartinbwgc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21539

if penn state wins they might move to #5
    ohio state will stay at #2 or maybe #3
    if clemson wins out
    Last edited by dbartinbwgc; 11-27-16 at 12:40 PM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

That UW/Colo game is gonna be a good one.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    It will be between PSU, OSU and UW.

I dont think OU has a shot anymore, which is probably a good thing. They'd just take a spot from a better team.

If UW beats CU, its 50/50 between UW and OSU for the 4th spot. UW will have 4 top 25 wins, as does OSU. UW is a conf champ but OSU has better wins and a tougher out of conf schedule. Basically, what matters more, tougher schedule and better wins vs. being a conf champion. They could put in UW and PsU and be consistent and save themselves which is why I think PSU has a slight esge over OSU

Playoff committee hooing Clemson loses so they can put in Alabama, UW, PSU and OSU and everyone will be happy.
    If OU wins big 12 how does ohio state get in? Two big 10.s. And leave the big 12 champ out. No way. If ou wins only 1 big 10 team makes playoffs. Late losses like ohio state always wreck the season.

vividjohn45

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    ohio st ain't budging. u come into a game no. 2 and beat the number 3? and drop out? nope. they beat wisconsin, michigan, and oklahoma. penn st. lost by 40 to michigan, and lost to pitt. winning championship game won't wash away losses by 40, and one to an unranked team.
    Who cares if they beat loser michigan. To be a nat champion. You need to be champion of your conference. Or you can have that unethical mamby pamby bullshit is 2012. Where lsu won sec. But comittee put loser alabama vs champ lsu in nat chamionship. Talk about smelly bullshit. Lsu beat alabama reg season. Just like penn beat ohio state this year.. Champions should play champions in the national championship. Not enough spots to let losers in. And no matter what anyone says or if bs committee lets ohio state in. Ohio state is not a champion of diddly squat in 2016. I saw that mich vs ohio state yesterday. All the fans stormed the field. But in the big picture the win didnt do shit for ohio state in big 10 championship because the team they lost to penn state is advancing. All that celebrating and they get nothing big 10 accoladewise.
    Last edited by vividjohn45; 11-27-16 at 01:41 PM.

vividjohn45

Ill respect alabamas national championships. They are legit. But the b.s 2012 one. I always piss on.

jjgold

This year the committee's gonna look bad if Clemson wins out and Washington wins out

Ohio St the question mark

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 271

Penn State has to blow Wisconsin out IMO.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    This year the committee's gonna look bad if Clemson wins out and Washington wins out

Ohio St the question mark
    Ya, I think the easy out for them is if all teams win, let the acc, big 10, pac12 and sec champs in. OsU is out. Hard to hargue with the logic, and therebis consistency.

Clem v UW
    Ala v PSU

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28484

They won't let Penn St in.
    It hasn't been long enough yet.

jjgold

Many think Ohio st a lock to be in

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    They won't let Penn St in.
    It hasn't been long enough yet.

I feel the same way

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    Ill respect alabamas national championships. They are legit. But the b.s 2012 one. I always piss on.
    The committee makes it clear that conference championship is a factor, but not primary. if that was the case you wouldn't need a committee, just put in top 4 conference champions.
    Ohio St. slaughtered Oklahoma, who has two losses as well. Other loss to a 3 loss houston team. The reason for committee is to select 4 most worthy teams. no one in their true mind believes penn st. or oklahoma is one of those, nor can they doubt Ohio St. is.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

You guys are silly. Penn St. out no matter what. They have 2 loses and a bad one. If they had 1 loss right now, they'd be in the convo but not with 2. They're wrecked. It won't matter anyway cause Wisky will beat them. Bunch of pedophilia wankers in Penn. Should be permanently disallowed in any postseason just for that alone. Bama, Clemson, Ohio St., Wash, Oklahoma should get in over a 2 loss Penn St. Way better loses and strength of schedule for Oklahoma. Michigan got screwed they could beat any team but Bama. Penn St. wouldn't even touch Bama and would lose to Clemson and probably Wash/Oklahoma too. Bad for ratings. The fans want Bama, Clemson, Ohio St. Wash/Oklahoma.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Many think Ohio st a lock to be in
    any odds on that yet?

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22146

Everyone will debate this for the next 6 days and it wont matter because Wisconsin will beat penn st

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

Ala and Ohio St. are in; Clem and Wash. are in if they win. Penn St. needs help.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    If OU wins big 12 how does ohio state get in? Two big 10.s. And leave the big 12 champ out. No way. If ou wins only 1 big 10 team makes playoffs. Late losses like ohio state always wreck the season.
    Just because you win a shitty conference doesn't mean you deserve to be in the playoffs. If it came down to Oklahoma and Ohio State, how can you discredit the fact that Oklahoma has 2 losses, including one against Ohio State on OUs home field? Big 12 has been stronger than they are now and still got left out.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Just because you win a shitty conference doesn't mean you deserve to be in the playoffs. If it came down to Oklahoma and Ohio State, how can you discredit the fact that Oklahoma has 2 losses, including one against Ohio State on OUs home field? Big 12 has been stronger than they are now and still got left out.
    I agree with what you're saying. Penn St. is worse than Oklahoma too. These people are saying Penn St. deserves in lmao. They lost to Pitt and got absolutely destroyed by Michigan. At least Oklahoma has 2 respectable losses to Ohio St. and Houston. Neither deserve to be in the playoff but if it came down to it and all hell broke loose Oklahoma>Penn St. based on bad losses. Ideally it would just be Bama, Clemson, Ohio St., Washington so we don't need the what ifs. If Washington and/or Clemson loses, it could get really interesting.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    I agree with what you're saying. Penn St. is worse than Oklahoma too. These people are saying Penn St. deserves in lmao. They lost to Pitt and got absolutely destroyed by Michigan. At least Oklahoma has 2 respectable losses to Ohio St. and Houston. Neither deserve to be in the playoff but if it came down to it and all hell broke loose Oklahoma>Penn St. based on bad losses. Ideally it would just be Bama, Clemson, Ohio St., Washington so we don't need the what ifs. If Washington and/or Clemson loses, it could get really interesting.

Flip the coin....... Doesn't Wisconsin get in if they beat Penn State?

The Kraken

OU is not getting in. They'll finiish #6 and play #5 Michigan, then when OU kicks their ass, we'll have to endure Big Blue babies saying their team wasn't motivated

JTrain
    JTrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

Nah, no reason to put Penn State there. Overall resume for Ohio State is considerably better. Beating a slightly above average Wisconsin team on a neutral field, just because you call it a championship game, does not boost your resume all that much.

Should Pitt be ranked ahead of Clemson and Penn State? Of course not, because you can't look at head-to-head games in a vacuum and try to manipulate your rankings post hoc based on that. Same applies to Penn State and Ohio State. Ohio State is the more accomplished team easily.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    Yup, you haven't been paying attention. I'd explain it to you, but I don't really give a shit.
    so clueless. you're team aint in pal. don't cry

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    so clueless. you're team aint in pal. don't cry
    Neither is michigan. Don't cry.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Neither is michigan. Don't cry.
    was that supposed to be a burn lol, i know we blew it. go post some more 20 unit losers twizzledik

1234 ... Last