Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Embarrassing

BUt im about to consider anti depressants stemming from problems from being jumped

and having my jaw broken and nerve damage thats causing discomfort in my face .

Apparently there is a good chance the tightness,stiff ,strange feelings in my face

im going through will eventually end with time... but it going to be a while and im struggling with it each day

So my question is, what would be the best anti depressant to start with

I have never in 34 years considered taking one. I tried 0.5 klonopin to help with anxiety and im liking it

BUt I know anti depressants are a whole dif ball game

It seems as if Lexipro is the most widely used without too many side effects

Any advice would be appreciated

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

what if there is an off chance you will get addicted to it? but best of luck to you ...

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Fidel that is not embarrassing. People's brains sometimes get off kilter and yours got a fukkin jolt. Have you tried an otc mood supplement like GABA or 5HTP?

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

I have no advice. Just want to send you well wishes, Fidels.

ATLIEN6
    ATLIEN6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

I'd say don't take any of that shit in general. Pharmas are bad. I think they actually create more problems with the side effects they cause. Smoke some weed you'll be alright. Sorry about what happened
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NrmlCurvSurfr, and seaborneq

Duckshit
    Duckshit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Major progress with cannabis, concentrates, and edibles. Hope you feel better Fidel.
    Points Awarded:

Jayvegas420 gave Duckshit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

trillz
    trillz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4470

I second the 5HTP post. Great stuff

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 398

good luck. Don't do Paxil. It is nearly impossible to get off of.

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Quote Originally Posted by ATLIEN6 View Post
    I'd say don't take any of that shit in general. Pharmas are bad. I think they actually create more problems with the side effects they cause. Smoke some weed you'll be alright. Sorry about what happened
    I agree with this... no joke. Head meds = bad. Cannabis = natural with many great healing and pain benefits

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I have never taken antidepressants because my mom has taken them for over 30 years. She has ups and downs, but has generally gotten more and more depressed as the years went by.

I have been down here and there, but not like her. Is it because I have never taken them? I have no idea.

I have always noticed that she is very selfish and only thinks about herself. And I have read that this is a symptom of depression.

So in times when I have felt down, I have gone out of my way to do things for other people and I really feel like it helps. That and working out.

But what the hell do I know? I am not a doctor. If it is really nad, then you gotta get help.

Hang in there either way. Hope things look up for you.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Weed might be best option

much cleaner than pills

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16673

SSRIs dried up my old lady's sausage wallet and messed withmy boners big time. I stick to liquor now

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11941

Lexipro start at a low dose and see if you tolerate it. That's basically the universal they will start you off at unless something/unique to your situation. You probably can, most do, but didn't do much for me.

Currently on Paxil 20mg. Was on 30mg but be warned, the biggest side effect was sexual dysfunction. It was incredibly difficult achieving orgasm. I don't have that problem with 20mg

We will probably take it for different reasons so go to a psychiatrist, not a regular physician. I take an SSRI to increase serotonin production in my gut that is causing flare up of IBS symptoms. So I take my Paxil for secondary reasons outside of it's main use. But for the first few weeks (started at 10 for 2 mos, up to 20, 30, then back to 20 over 12 months) I did experience mood changes. Like very even keel feeling, could never feel very low, but also never very high emotionally.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

You should not go around starting fights. Sounds like you ran into somebody that hits back this time. also stay out of bad neighborhoods. You were looking to buy drugs.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    You should not go around starting fights. Sounds like you ran into somebody that hits back this time. also stay out of bad neighborhoods. You were looking to buy drugs.
    Whoa wtf

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Jesus is an option, pray, have faith that He will help you through these times fidel...

i think meds are the wrong option.. i would consult with your doc about better plans, maybe things that could naturally stabilize the feeling in your jaw and other feelings you are having... but pharma sponsors them so i don't know how awesome your doc is, but do some research ...

and also try not to put yourself in those positions again. i know you don't know why it happened, but just do what you can to be around more chill people in the future...

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Fidel that is not embarrassing. People's brains sometimes get off kilter and yours got a fukkin jolt. Have you tried an otc mood supplement like GABA or 5HTP?
    Will check the user reviews on that 5htp gaucho , thanks

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

grease lightnin
    &

Guy says don't start fights. Is trying to start a fight.
    Points Awarded:

triplecrown333 gave grease lightnin 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    I have no advice. Just want to send you well wishes, Fidels.
    Thanks man. Just tough as hell right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckshit View Post
    Major progress with cannabis, concentrates, and edibles. Hope you feel better Fidel.
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan9698 View Post
    I agree with this... no joke. Head meds = bad. Cannabis = natural with many great healing and pain benefits
    I most of you know I have always thought mary jane cures all.
    But what I have felt with the Mama Jane since this is that
    it makes the nerve damage become more apparent and face to become tighter .
    I might try it again down the road but just had another surgery because my body rejected the titanium plates

Fidel_CashFlow

Sigh, was not in my hometown , someone messed with my younger cousin
    I stuck up for him , everything cooled down . They waited till I was alone later and got me
    What, may I ask , is the anti depressant you are on cuz if you are not you should be chewing them like candy

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

weed shouldnt make you feel tight tho, its not a stimulant...

ATLIEN6

General consensus. Drugs are bad. Was put on most anti-depressants in my teens, never did anything for me but made it worse and my behavior irrational. Weed relaxes and centers me. Almost like an anti anxiety medicine. I usually don't ever get 'stoned' anymore. just a couple tokes here and there everyday.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Hope you get well soon Fidel.

ATLIEN6

Also, if smoking weed makes you anxious, you try this shit called CBD oil. Might do the trick. I'm sure another user around here has more knowledge on the stuff.

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by triplecrown333 View Post
    weed shouldnt make you feel tight tho, its not a stimulant...
    I have smoked for a long time and I can tell you anytime I have a nagging pain, the weed makes it worse, or more apparent at least. That is just me, but what Fidel is saying doesn't surprise me at all. It would do the same thing to mw.

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Hope you get well soon Fidel.
    Thanks bro, me 2

Also, if smoking weed makes you anxious, you try this shit called CBD oil. Might do the trick. I'm sure another user around here has more knowledge on the stuff.

Got some organic high quality cbd oil right now in the fridge.
    It works ok .... but IDK.... looking for something stronger

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    I have smoked for a long time and I can tell you anytime I have a nagging pain, the weed makes it worse, or more apparent at least. That is just me, but what Fidel is saying doesn't surprise me at all. It would do the same thing to mw.
    yah its strange, when I broke my ankle it made it throb more when I toked up

Kinda making me center my mind on the feelings in my face when I do it

Its part of the reason im depressed, because I am a huge lover of THC in general

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11941

Same here, any stomach pain would get exacerbated by a bong rip, even a small puff from a joint. Then all I wanted to do was come down from the high and just feel the original pain. It's why I stopped.

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    yah its strange, when I broke my ankle it made it throb more when I toked up

Kinda making me center my mind on the feelings in my face when I do it

Its part of the reason im depressed, because I am a huge lover of THC in general
    Yeah I know the feeling. Have you tried hard workouts?

Fidel_CashFlow

Yeah I know the feeling. Have you tried hard workouts?
    I banged my girlfriend missionary style the other day and it wore me str8 the fukk out and made the whole side of my face throb
    Im 12 days out from my 2nd surgery on my jaw in just a 60 day span though , so that would be expected
    If you was to look at me you would think nothing was wrong, its the fukkin internal damage that has me fukked up

grease lightnin
    &

I banged my girlfriend missionary style the other day and it wore me str8 the fukk out and made the whole side of my face throb
    Im 12 days out from my 2nd surgery on my jaw in just a 60 day span though , so that would be expected
    If you was to look at me you would think nothing was wrong, its the fukkin internal damage that has me fukked up

Oh fukk. I had surgery a few years back and it was a couple months before I was back to normal. And that was just one surgery.

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status
    BetweenHerCheeks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

BUt im about to consider anti depressants stemming from problems from being jumped

and having my jaw broken and nerve damage thats causing discomfort in my face .

Apparently there is a good chance the tightness,stiff ,strange feelings in my face

im going through will eventually end with time... but it going to be a while and im struggling with it each day

So my question is, what would be the best anti depressant to start with

I have never in 34 years considered taking one. I tried 0.5 klonopin to help with anxiety and im liking it

BUt I know anti depressants are a whole dif ball game

It seems as if Lexipro is the most widely used without too many side effects

Any advice would be appreciated
    Concealed carry Fidel...for the next time...you take pain drugs they get toe tags

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10345

Couple options, if you feel depression stems from the pain, u can treat neuropathic pain with either gabapentin or lyrica.

If u really feel like depression is an issue ask your doc about cymbalta which I use to treat comorbid chronic pain and depression

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Castro it will get better

Terrible what happened

Hang in there

123 Last