Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Still alive in my survivor pool (week #8)...I'm thinking Dallas Cowboys this week!

down to 14 players left after last week!...$4,000 pot!...winner take all!...I have already used in chronological order starting from week 1: Seattle, Carolina, Miami, Washington, New England, Buffalo, Cinci, and now week 8...some real tough games this week and I'm not one to get cute...Usually go with the biggest favorite and hopefully at home...I'm thinking best SU play this week is Dallas Cowboys...I was also thinking about Denver but something tells me that Rivers and Co. might upset them this week, let alone cover the spread....thoughts, comments, opinions, suggestions are welcomed!...

Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

Denver-SD game scares me for a survivor pool, could go either way. Dallas or Minnesota would be my top 2 plays

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dallas never a lock with rookie QB even though he is playing great

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Falcons and Raiders look like the best plays this week.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I'm playing Tennessee coming off a bad loss to Colts for week 8 in my pool. So I can honestly say I am in danger of getting eliminated.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

lines 4.5 and this is your lock for a $4000 payout?

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

I'm taking Vikings this week. Already used the cowboys

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post

There are teams on bye and at least 7 teams that can't be used again. I had Atlanta last week and that came back and bit me in the ass. Falcons had the largest lead of a team that did not win a game in week 7, so you can laugh, but it is called a survivor pool for a reason, any team can lose on any weekend.

Da Manster!

i was also leaning Minny since I still have them but here again on the road and the Bears are due for a victory...Vikes looked like dog shit last week against an inferior Eagles team that got curb stomped by my sorry ass Redskins the week before!...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

If you have a sure shot post it instead of laughing at those who actually are making a pick.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    There are teams on bye and at least 7 teams that can't be used again. I had Atlanta last week and that came back and bit me in the ass. Falcons had the largest lead of a team that did not win a game in week 7, so you can laugh, but it is called a survivor pool for a reason, any team can lose on any weekend.
    that's because Uscphillyguy is your typical, obnoxious homer Eagles fan

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    There. Fixed it for you.

Da Manster!

and Dallas has been blowing teams out lately like Green Bay and Cinci...and now Dez Bryant is coming back!...the hottest team in the NFL getting their best WR back and the team is coming off a bye week and is at home...yes, I think I'll take my chances with the Cowboys...might be one of the best spots to take them all year long.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

dude i'm neither obnoxious nor a homer......I root just as hard for my team as you do yours....no need for the personal insults, you're better than that....if you're head is telling you dallas, than dallas it is! don't let the fact that the eagles have never lost at AT&T Stadium sway you in any way

Da Manster!

dude i'm neither obnoxious nor a homer......I root just as hard for my team as you do yours....no need for the personal insults, you're better than that....if you're head is telling you dallas, than dallas it is! don't let the fact that the eagles have never lost at AT&T Stadium sway you in any way
    fair enough, but just like last week when you cheered and laughed when I lost a parlay/teaser by one game that would have paid out $1,200!...and now with the laughing emoticons as if you are mocking me?!...did I miss something?!...btw, the 4.5 line the largest in the NFL this week for home teams...the Vikes are favored by 5 over Chicago but they are on the road...and I still have Falcons, Raiders, Broncos, left but those games are against formidable opponents that are more than capable of winning...not hating on your Eagles but I've been impressed with how the Cowboys have played so far and now with Dez Bryant back?!...that is why I'm probably leaning Dallas this week...will wait til tomorrow to make sure that no unexpected injuries come up....

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

fair enough, but just like last week when you cheered and laughed when I lost a parlay/teaser by one game that would have paid out $1,200!...and now with the laughing emoticons as if you are mocking me?!...did I miss something?!...btw, the 4.5 line the largest in the NFL this week for home teams...the Vikes are favored by 5 over Chicago but they are on the road...and I still have Falcons, Raiders, Broncos, left but those games are against formidable opponents that are more than capable of winning...not hating on your Eagles but I've been impressed with how the Cowboys have played so far and now with Dez Bryant back?!...that is why I'm probably leaning Dallas this week...will wait til tomorrow to make sure that no unexpected injuries come up....
    monster didn't mean to mock or laugh when you lost $$ just as the eagles skins game line screamed trap the eagles Vikings line did exactly the same....just as the media was all over minny prior to last weeks game, they are the same way with dallas....its a division game, I don't think dallas is as good as everyone is saying....me personally would look elsewhere but good luck to you

san2c
    san2c's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

take vikings all day. the bears are terrible

Da Manster!

monster didn't mean to mock or laugh when you lost $$ just as the eagles skins game line screamed trap the eagles Vikings line did exactly the same....just as the media was all over minny prior to last weeks game, they are the same way with dallas....its a division game, I don't think dallas is as good as everyone is saying....me personally would look elsewhere but good luck to you
    thanks for clearing that misunderstanding up!......but I was never one to bet "trap" games or "sucker" bets...I don't believe in that crap...As i've said numerous times on this board, Vegas puts out a number...you either take the points or you lay them...simple as that...as far as winning % goes, truth be told, sometimes they hit, sometimes they don't...more of a 50/50 proposition if you ask me...just like people that bet line movements or steam...it doesn't always work...anyhow, I'm strongly considering Minny now that several posters have mentioned them...but watch Jay Cutler pull a horseshoe out of his ass and throw for like 300yds, 3TD and no int's...as bad as he sucks, he still has a few good games a year when you least expect it...
    Last edited by Da Manster!; 10-27-16 at 01:37 PM.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

thanks for clearing that misunderstanding up!......but I was never one to bet "trap" games or "sucker" bets...I don't believe in that crap...As i've said numerous times on this board, Vegas puts out a number...you either take the points or you lay them...simple as that...as far as winning % goes, truth be told, sometimes they hit, sometimes they don't...more of a 50/50 proposition if you ask me...just like people that bet line movements or steam...it doesn't always work...anyhow, I'm strongly considering Minny now that several posters have mentioned them...but watch Jay Cutler pull a horseshoe out of his ass and throw for like 300yds, 3TD and no int's...as bad as he sucks, he still has a few good games a year when you least expect it...
    good luck my friend....I'd stay away from minny as well!!! they were exposed last week and say what you want about Chicago....fox is a good defensive coach
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

I'm on Denver, 125 left in my pool, 29K to the winner. Good luck, one of these would come in handy...

Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave swordsandtequila 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Da Manster!

Always down for some Irons, S&T!.......I also have Denver available but I think the Chargers have a legit shot to pull off the upset, let alone cover the spread...I was also thinking about your Bucs as a possible winner but I can't trust them just yet...Minny I'm probably going to lay off because I don't want to go with a road team unless absolutely necessary or if one team is clearly dominate over the other!...

KSmooth4U
    KSmooth4U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2137

Philly blows and way overrated!!! Take the better QB at home in primetime... easy winner

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    I'm on Denver, 125 left in my pool, 29K to the winner. Good luck, one of these would come in handy...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D-3ra8Jsmjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    How many started off in your pool? I would like to play in that one next year. I was in two 50 dollars pools and Arizona put an end to both teams.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

my strategy is to always take home teams. I won't take the Vikings this week strictly based on that even though Bears are terrible.

I already used COwboys week 3 against Bears.

I have Denver this week. Def a scare, but this is a tough week all around. They had strong home win last week and figure they can keep it going at home. Bad loss first match to SD, they can make the necessary adjustments to squeak out a win.

58 left out of 268 $50 buy in for a little over $13,000

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    How many started off in your pool? I would like to play in that one next year. I was in two 50 dollars pools and Arizona put an end to both teams.
    Around 600, can't remember off the top of my head. $50 entry. A friend (numbers guy) started it years back, used to be $25 but got so big it became a hassle to run (over 1100 entries at one point). Raised the price to cut down on the multiple entries. Made it to final four last year. Pays the same as last place

Da Manster!

who you got this week, S&T?!...

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13581

Nice job. I just couldn't pull the trigger and now I'm up against it.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Philly has lost two regular season games and one playoff game at ATT stadium

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

who you got this week, S&T?!...
    I'm on Denver, 125 left in my pool, 29K to the winner.
    Put down the bowl Manster...

Da Manster!

Put down the bowl Manster...

far out, man!!!

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

I personally am on Denver and do not like Dallas or minny at all. Houston would be my first choice if I hadn't already used them. Titans were on my list behind Denver but I was too scared to pull the trigger.

Da Manster!

well, it was definitely a scare but I survived with Dallas!......congrats to Eagles for putting up a good fight!.......onto week #9!...I'll find out tomorrow how many people are left in my pool and will post my week #9 pick later in the week.

Da Manster!

of'course I'll wait til later in the week until I get the full injury reports but as of right now I'm thinking KC Chiefs over Jax at Arrowhead...

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

looks like u keep taking teams that are playing browns, gonna run out of good teams soon

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    looks like u keep taking teams that are playing browns, gonna run out of good teams soon
    not really tt...it just seems that way because of mere chance and coincidence...My two main parameters for doing a survivor pool are

#1) always pick a home team if you can help it...never take a road team unless absolutely necessary or if road team is heavily favored.

#2) look for the biggest spread according to Vegas...usually they are pretty sharp with NFL lines...

it's week #9 coming up...most people don't make this far and those that do are usually in the same predicament...very few good teams to choose from....I still have Denver, Atlanta, Oakland, KC, Philly, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and Minnesota at my disposal!...

1234 ... Last