MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

BMW is bringing back the 8 Series and the prototype looks tremendous

Spy shots floating around. I think it looks fantastic. Reports indicate the M8 will be offered with the twin-turbo V8 similar to those offered in the Alpina B7 or the M6 and will produce 600+ horsepower.

The original 8 series was always under appreciated in my opinion as I think the thing looks excellent in a sort of quintessentially German 90s sort of way. I almost bought an 850i in 2012 but realized that it would likely become the source of my nightmares and a hole in which I would throw most of my disposable income. I still regret it sometimes though.

Anyone ever own one of these?

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Those BMW 850's were really sharp, I really liked the look of them. Probably a good thing you didn't get, they required a lot of attention and definitely not cheap to fix. Lord help you when you had to find parts.

I've always wanted an early M6 or an Alpina 6 series. I did run across an 1982 Alpina 6 series a long while back. It ran great, but had gotten rear ended and had extensive work done to it, but the repair was questionable. Still kinda wished I pulled the trigger on it, but probably best I didn't, repair work would have been a nightmare. My Euro model 1979 635csi, was beautiful too and a blast to drive.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mo what do you drive??

Lexus a better car

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mo what do you drive??

Lexus a better car
    Currently don't have a car.

Looking at Audi S4, BMW 135i or something old, fast and Japanese.