Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

The Cavs should send Durant and the Thunder an honorary ring.

I dont think the Cavs beat GSW if OKC doesnt take them to 7 games. Not to mention injuries and recovery time. The Cavs practically had a bye to the finals.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Yeah. OKC wore them down a little.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Imagine if GSW had the Raptors? Cmon

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Bill I have to question the shot selection of G.S. late in the 4th. I had Cleveland for the series.... just an underdog wager... blah blah blah...

Every shot they were looking for was a 3 pointer. Yes, I know that's what they do... but man... anywhere inside for a 2 pointer was wide open.

But... come on... this series was rigged.

Cleveland was dead in the water after Game 4. Lebron James's body language.... looked like a beaten man.

Regardless... I'm glad the NBA is over. I can't take anymore of this sh#$. Erase my brain... come back in November.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Bill I have to question the shot selection of G.S. late in the 4th. I had Cleveland for the series.... just an underdog wager... blah blah blah...

Every shot they were looking for was a 3 pointer. Yes, I know that's what they do... but man... anywhere inside for a 2 pointer was wide open.

But... come on... this series was rigged.

Cleveland was dead in the water after Game 4. Lebron James's body language.... looked like a beaten man.

Regardless... I'm glad the NBA is over. I can't take anymore of this sh#$. Erase my brain... come back in November.
    I was watching my daughters AAU games this past weekend. They are a newer team and they typically get whooped. The refs aren't supposed to know the score but when the game starts off, the calls are tight. When we are down 15 we start to get a few our way. When we are down more than that, god help us, the other team is usually yelling at the refs because their kids deserve to get the foul or the and-1s. Do I think its rigged to even out? No. Do I think the refs try to avoid being the nail in our coffin? Absolutely. When you have an opponent on the mat, you got to finish em. That last knockout is the hardest. I know the NBA isn't AAU and its not about getting a close game but I do think there is some human nature there. So much of officiating in bball is subjective. You can play as good or a little better and still lose because of calls. That's why you play a 7 game series. Skip Bayless was tweeting excuses for why Lebron, who he hates, got the win, and I think he said the Warriors shot 20% in 4th quarter threes. The highest octane team in league history went something like 8 trips without a FG or 1 for 8 or something in game 7. Whatever it was, it was a disaster. Curry looked like a YMCA pickup. Wetbrook had to know he was a few better decisions away from beating that lesser Cavs team.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    I dont think the Cavs beat GSW if OKC doesnt take them to 7 games. Not to mention injuries and recovery time. The Cavs practically had a bye to the finals.

lol.. what a stupid thread.

Lebron and Heat smoked OKC in 5 Games when they HAD HARDEN...

wtf are you talking about, Lebron is 18-5 vs. DURANT

beat OKC twice this season

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...ost-every-time

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Really? They were down 3-1. It wasn't a cakewalk.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

this series left so many here an emotional wreck i lost count

sbr should issue a moratorium on cavs posts for at least a few weeks

get over it dozer whatever side you were on

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11099

GS was up 3 to 1. Come on man. Did OKC give GS some type of special powers early in this series? Then took them away?

Cleveland figured GS out and started to doing what they were doing all year long. Play in your face defense and shut down the paint. Cleveland turned GS into a jump shooting 3 point team and denied all the easy layups they were getting earlier in the series. The Cav's stopped switching on everything and only switched on Curry and Klay made a huge difference. Stop trying to downplay what the Cav's accomplished.

The Cav's would have beaten OKC most likely in 5. Lebron has owned Durant and Westbrick every year in the league. OKC had no bearing on this series. If anything, GS came into this series sky high confident after coming back.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Lets not pretend that the path to the finals doesnt matter. Lets say two guys are about to fight in a boxing match and are both walking to the stadium. Guy #1's path crosses a gang and he has to fight his way past then keeps walking. Guy #2 has an 8th grader that wont move so he kicks him in the nuts and keeps walking. The Raptors are that 8th grader.

CWD
    Update your status

oh brother

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

OKC had nothing to do with it...the CAVS were beating WHO ever came out of the WEST...GSW was not worn down by OKC...OKC stood DOWN.....

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post

Not only that...they smoked OKC by 30 points in OKC earlier in the year....

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Okc was a different team in the playoffs. If cavs met them same time state did okc beats cavs in 5.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

CAVS best team in league and get rings and Larry trophy for winning the Finals. There is no fuckkng 2nd place... Hahahahahah. It was a beautiful thing how they did it against warriors... Durant and Westbrook had their chance and they blew it. They'll never win it all because they're not good enough to beat the best in 7 game series. Not a chance they'll get past warriors. This year was it and they blew it. They deserve shit sandwiches for choking so bad... Hahaha honorary ring... That's funny

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    OKC had nothing to do with it...the CAVS were beating WHO ever came out of the WEST...GSW was not worn down by OKC...OKC stood DOWN.....
    draymond suspension ONLY reason they won this was no team of destiny

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Or maybe they should send it to the Warriors for chasing the record or even for I don't know, how about NOT SCORING A SINGLE POINT in the last 5 minutes

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    draymond suspension ONLY reason they won this was no team of destiny
    You are quite naive....things are never that obvious...Draymond's suspension was only necessary for you to bet the Warriors in game 6...as the narrative was that Draymond's return would restore balance to the series....how did that work out ? If Draymond plays in game 5...GSW finds another way to lose....They were NOT going to WIN this series regardless of the circumstance....the only variable in question was HOW MUCH money was going to be LOST by the public betting on GSW....

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Season over NBA soap opera starts next season mlb some soccer and football coming soon wonder if they will have beat the prick contest

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    You are quite naive....things are never that obvious...Draymond's suspension was only necessary for you to bet the Warriors in game 6...as the narrative was that Draymond's return would restore balance to the series....how did that work out ? If Draymond plays in game 5...GSW finds another way to lose....They were NOT going to WIN this series regardless of the circumstance....the only variable in question was HOW MUCH money was going to be LOST by the public betting on GSW....
    i defer to any1 from mensa

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

If nothing else you can deny that the OKC required 3 more [big minute] games than the Raptors would have required. Thats big. Especially considering Curry missed 4 games in the series before with a knee problem and rolled an ankle in OKC series. He played 3 games after that. Then, suddenly Kevin Love is a defensive stopper o Curry in game 7?

Injuries are part of the game. No one is healthy by the end of June. You can even give Lebron credit for the strategy of signing with a team in the East. Its absolutely easier to win the trophy.

OKC sweeps this team IMO...

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8975

Stop trying to take credit away from Cleveland. They earned it.

Muller Rose
    Muller Rose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Yeah. OKC wore them down a little.
    I agree with this! GSW was a little over worked while Lebron and his team had weeks to relax and chill.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

GSW actually had disadvantages at some positions vs OKC. Toronto had zero advantage vs Cleveland. Toronto has players you couldnt pick out of a lineup. Without looking, what is the first name of the non guards?? ....exactly

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

^^ tyson amir jonas

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

So the Cavs play a 6 game series in the East finals and GSW plays a 7 game series. That one game destroyed them.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

makes no sense to say that they were weakened by playing a harder series

some of the best athletes in the world are mentally or physically drained 2 weeks later because of playing a couple harder minutes?

ridiculous

even if these guys drank a bottle of vodka and got another one smashed over their head, 2 days later they would be back to 100%

blap10
    blap10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1449

Oh the excuses

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Toronto was a tier 3 team in regular season and on paper. Toronto played tanking teams at end of season and won maybe 8 straight.

GSW & Spurs tier 1. OKC & Cavs & Clippers tier 2. Blazers & Raptors tier 3. In a series tier 3 teams get exploited. (GSW whooped Blazers w/o Curry)

The point is GSW sweeps Raptors.... without debate. Instead injured GSW plays OKC in 7 and wins 3 days less rest vs Cavs. Thats huge. But yea Champions overcome blah blah blah.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The bottom line Cleveland winning was an absolute miracle and will never happen again

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I would have said Cavs in 7.

OKC is a lot different now than they were against Miami.

Adams, Kanter, Waiters > Harden and Perkins

Harden played no defense and Perkins played no offense.