jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Well it looks like we could switch to the soccer game

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2422

Three times last hour I put on NBA game and three commercials. Shocking. Havn't seen a play yet

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    Three times last hour I put on NBA game and three commercials. Shocking. Havn't seen a play yet
    Yep...watching the USA match and zero commercials

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2422

Three times last hour I put on NBA game and three commercials. Shocking. Havn't seen a play yet and most of my life I have been nba fan.

jjgold

nobody watched soccer

even here you could tell

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Soccer is a novelty sport in the U.S.

The vast majority of Americans only tune in every 4 years.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Yep...watching the USA match and zero commercials
    Ouch.. that's the best part of a soccer match. I'm sorry.

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    The reason why most Americans don't like soccer is because they suck at it...the scoring is also low in most games.
    Nah.. I've given soccer many chances and it just consists of them passing the ball back and forth mid field, getting "close" to scoring when the ball sails 100 foot wide of the net, and acting as if someone just shanked them like a prison bitch anytime they fall down.

It's a much slower paced version of hockey. I don't like hockey much either, and a lot of Americans don't, so using the whole "because they suck at it" thing is incorrect.

However, you can easily flip it around and come up with a truer statement: Many countries like it because it's all they're good at and one of the few sports they can afford to play.

SouthBayGame
    SouthBayGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2895

What is soccer? Futbol no?

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

I had to flip to the soccer game after the Warriors looked like shit in 1Q. Ratings have to suffer from the blowouts.

The USMNT semifinal vs Messi and Argentina on Saturday should be interesting. Biggest ratings ever in the USA?

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    I had to flip to the soccer game after the Warriors looked like shit in 1Q. Ratings have to suffer from the blowouts.

The USMNT semifinal vs Messi and Argentina on Saturday should be interesting. Biggest ratings ever in the USA?
    Messi? Is that a nickname? Messy but with an I to make it cool? Is the guy a slob?

jjgold

not much mention here of usa winning..

proves my point...posters also not interested in usa soccer but more foreign soccer

Bert102
    Bert102's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    Messi? Is that a nickname? Messy but with an I to make it cool? Is the guy a slob?
    He is currently one of the most popular human beings to ever live with more than 2 billion fans. We live in our own little bubble as Americans. I don't fault you or others..

scholesy
    [Too Long]
    scholesy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1685

I had USA v Ecuador on the big screen, NBA on the small screen.
    Would have been the other way around usually, but I can't stand either team playing the Finals this year.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    not much mention here of usa winning..

proves my point...posters also not interested in usa soccer but more foreign soccer
    These tournies bridge the gap though. We dont need to beat every top team, just show we are in the mix. We have maybe 5 US guys in the EPL now and a bunch in Bundesliga. Then we got a bunch in MLS that could transfer to first division. MLS has more Euro guys than ever before, granted they are picking up their last paycheck before getting their free senior coffees.

jjgold

I will say I do have my eye on this USA team and to look at the scores and also flip on the television from time to time to see how the game is going if it doesn't conflict with the NBA I'll probably watch it over baseball

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post

The rating of Argentina vs the US on Saturday will be about 0 since they aren't playing

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post

It's a much slower paced version of hockey. I don't like hockey much either, and a lot of Americans don't, so using the whole "because they suck at it" thing is incorrect.
    Soccer is a much slower version of hockey??? You're comparing apples and oranges here buddy. There is a reason why you don't like both games - you simply don't understand them. Go outside and try to dribble the ball for a few minutes without falling over.

Or go on the ice and see if you can skate with the puck...forget shooting, just try to skate first.

In order for you to like both sports, you need to first learn how to appreciate the skill that it takes to play these games.
    Right now you don't have it.

First 12