rockmvp1209
    rockmvp1209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3931

dumb mistake by me....

i bet 200 on federer to win french open at +3300 then realized 20 mins later that he might not even play due to injury and dsi states that no refund if player doesnt play...smhhhh

aortega521
    aortega521's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

That's screwed up should be looked at as a no play. Is that industry norm

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Pinnacle has the same thing

rockmvp1209

yeah i bet nishikori for 200, fedderer for 200 (taking a shot( 70 on kyrgios and 70 on monfils....was pretty upset when i saw that fed had a bak injury and i potentially just wasted 200 without even getting a shot....dumb on my part

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hate to see you guys make mistakes I don't know why they don't refund it

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

"Dumb" mistake? Is there another kind?

rockmvp1209

Haha your right lol. Faakkkk

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

I was always curious to see these people who take completely unrealistic futures. This is the second post I see today; the first one was by somebody who took heat/76ers/celtics to win NBA this season. I mean, why do you just give away your money like that ? What is your logic ?

Taking Feds to win RG this season is like taking Lakers to win NBA. Just because they were great 10 years ago does not mean you should throw away your money.

Can you post your photo or something ? Or at least can you describe your reasoning to me ?
    Last edited by frugalgambler; 05-16-16 at 03:04 AM.

Artizan
    Artizan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

it is normal to make mistakes sometimes (even if they are dumb). Onlythose that do nothing do not make mistakes ...

Jinge
    Jinge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

I am a big fan of Roger, but I think betting 200 on him winning RG is a mistake on its own.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    I was always curious to see these people who take completely unrealistic futures. This is the second post I see today; the first one was by somebody who took heat/76ers/celtics to win NBA this season. I mean, why do you just give away your money like that ? What is your logic ?

Taking Feds to win RG this season is like taking Lakers to win NBA. Just because they were great 10 years ago does not mean you should throw away your money.

Can you post your photo or something ? Or at least can you describe your reasoning to me ?
    Tell that to the people who bet Leicester this year.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post

Exactly. Although I do agree with him saying the 76ers was a stupid bet. Everything else seems good.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Yes it is industry norm for Future bets, all plays have Action. One way around that would be once tourney gets closer, look for Federer vs. Field wager, as that WOULD refund if he withdraws before first match,

jjgold

It is not that unrealistic if Fed is healthy

Gets deep in almost all tourneys still

Jaak Varblane
    Jaak Varblane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

The odds for womens French Open are really good.

rockmvp1209

I think nishikori has a good chance aswell. Have two hudro on him to win at +2500. I won the Jason day players so have a little to spew

CanuckG

Yes/no to win props they need to play one game as well for it to stand

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Quote Originally Posted by Jinge View Post
    I am a big fan of Roger, but I think betting 200 on him winning RG is a mistake on its own.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Good point about Leicester. The thing is soccer is probably the highest variance sport out there, namely this is a sport involving teams with lotsa players and very few scoring chances per game. Denmark and Greece winning Euro at overwhelming dogs also comes to mind. Hockey is another sport where big upsets can happen, even in four-game series. Tennis and bball are different in a sense that there skill matters a lot more than in soccer or hockey.

rockmvp1209

Now he withdrewl . Waste of 200 bucks without even sweating it smh

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Quote Originally Posted by rockmvp1209 View Post
    Now he withdrewl . Waste of 200 bucks without even sweating it smh
    rough one

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Hell yes!!!

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Good point about Leicester. The thing is soccer is probably the highest variance sport out there, namely this is a sport involving teams with lotsa players and very few scoring chances per game. Denmark and Greece winning Euro at overwhelming dogs also comes to mind. Hockey is another sport where big upsets can happen, even in four-game series. Tennis and bball are different in a sense that there skill matters a lot more than in soccer or hockey.
    Denmark should never have made it to the knock out stages,was only because Yugoslavia had to forfeit. Youll probably never see something like that happen again.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by rockmvp1209 View Post
    i bet 200 on federer to win french open at +3300 then realized 20 mins later that he might not even play due to injury and dsi states that no refund if player doesnt play...smhhhh
    It happens in Golf as well. I bought a golfer a couple of weeks ago online and the day before the opening round he withdrew.

No refund there.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    It happens in Golf as well. I bought a golfer a couple of weeks ago online and the day before the opening round he withdrew.

No refund there.

I did that put some money on the winner of the WC Golden Boot award,picked one guy before I found out he didn't make the short list and I ended up getting stiffed.

CanuckG

tweet @RogerFederer maybe he will throw you a few hundo

jjgold

that rule does seem dumb though

Why no refund?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    that rule does seem dumb though

Why no refund?
    Not sure, but I can tell you this. One book kept the golfer, who had scratched before the tournament, on the futures list until closing.

Basically, they had golfers on the futures list that weren't in the golf tournament. At the same time, they have stated rules that there are no refunds and all bets are action, regardless of whether the player plays.

I almost did a screenshot for SBR but decided to let it go.

Check your bets before you bet them folks, because some offerings have no chance of winning.

And that, my friends, is bullshit. It's one thing to try to pick a golfer from the list, it's another thing to have to research every player on the list to make sure they are actually in the tournament.

It was well known pubic knowledge that the golfer was scratched two days before tourney time yet the book didn't react.

jjgold

is there some sort of a edge by voiding bet to the player?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Traditionally, with golf, a number of golfers are usually listed to win the tournament and if there are any not of the list, there is a "FIELD" option. This still happens in Nevada.

But with internet, these fukking bastards got rid of the field bet, effectively destroying one of the true edges I had gained using the regression and the markets. I still make field bets in Nevada when appropriate, but it pisses me off nonetheless.

So now they list every golfer in the tournament and the some guys are crazy odds long shots.

But to list every golfer, with no field bet, and include in that list golfers that aren't in the tournament is something I haven't seen.
    This was a major, top rated SBR Book.

It goes to show that these books are very weak golf handicappers and they can play into a very unsuspecting public.

What I believe happened is that the book never even looked at the lines once they put them up. They don't need to.

As far as their edge, taking a shot at the bettors by putting golfers that aren't playing or keeping action when a tennis player drops or, in general, no refund policies are just an extra way to gain, without gambling themselves.

They don't look to it for a main source of income, but the no refund policy allows them to not be liable for late breaking information. Unfortunately, while two days early isn't late breaking, it falls under the policy.

I feel the no refund policy is compared to free rolling or taking a shot...at the players.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    ...no refund policies are just an extra way to gain, without gambling themselves...
    Actually, in some cases the books gambles to so it's not totally fair to call it a freeroll, but sometimes it is one.

These bets should be listed like baseball, with "listed" or "non-action."...especially for tennis bets.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Your dumb mistake was betting on Federer to win the French Open.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

That was me taking a futures on Heat/Celtics and 76ers. The 76ers was a WTF pick, hoping Nerlins Noel, Okafor, and Ish could make a run out of nowhere. Celtics had plenty of value and Brad Stevens is a good tourney coach. I really felt good about the Heat. They are the 2nd most athletic team in the East. If Bosh could have come back we would be watching a Cav/Heat ECF. Hell if Whiteside didn't go down, we were looking at the Heat advancing without Bosh. Plus I thought the NBA would try their best to setup that series. Those fukkin refs were all over the Raptors nuts in that game 7.

I always take a few futures bets with the notion of being able to hedge if they make the playoffs. For example, I took Toronto ML in game 7 and made my money back. If the Heat would have gotten in the ECF, I could have hedged for a nice profit. I think I bet $330 to win $13,000. That's a great bet for the 2nd best team in the East when healthy. I had a big futures bet on Tampa Bay this year as well. I was hoping Jameis would have gotten them in the playoffs where I would have made money at that point. Fukkin Lovie Smith lost 3 or 4 of their games by being a dumb fukk and screwed that bet.

10 years ago I hit University of Florida basketball when they were 140 to 1. I also hit UF football at 30 to 1 that year as well. Then I hit UF again when they won back to back at 12 to 1. I'm still in the black all these years off of those 3 licks.

Yes, futures bets are long shots and you're letting the books hold your money for months BUT if you have a good hunch, like if you know certain teams in a division are going to take a step forward or back, you can make an educated guess but start hedging during the playoffs.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

now THATS gambling

i tend to invest my money

live and learn.

DigBick86
    Update your status
    DigBick86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6432

Do you say the same thing to people who took Leicester to win the PL

12 Last