sledger biggest mistake you will make

I bet you bought a bad horse too

all who is in the know in that business..people born into it
    I was not born into it.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

I was in on one that went to her (KY) sire stakes finals in her 2 AND 3 y/o campaigns...barely broke even, if that. played the game w/a few horses for three years. bought a 30 y/o VW instead. getting WAY more for my $. Crooks abound at the track!

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

You will need at least a hundred grand to have a chance at being profitable.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15015

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    i have one horse that has been paying the bills for the other 2. But nothing to write home about. The hobby sort of pays for itself now which is nice and gives me something to look forward to on sat sun and Wednesdays, without any stress.

STR does provide alot of good info in his thread you guys should check it out.

JayVegas420 No i never told you the name of the horses because then you will see the stable and know who i am, which i don't want.
    Yeah, who wants that?

Any tips today?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

sledge you might of gotten conned

best day of your life like a boat is when you buy and sell it

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10294

good thread, interesting to see how many have owned or currently own horses from the site.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1413

my uncle had a race horse ,it cost him a lot of money ,cause he never win,finally he had enough ,before the r ace he grab the horse by the neck and he told him,,IF YU DONT WIN TODAY TOMORROW 5 O CLOK AM YOU BEEN PLOW THE FIELD,, the horse seem to understand the situation he went to post he take off at the quarter pole he was last the jockey start to hit him many time at that point the horse stop turn is head around look at the jokey,and he told him , WHAT THE HELL YOU HIT ME FOR,, DONT YOU KNOW I GOT TO GET UP EARLY TOMORROW,,,

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 959

Quote Originally Posted by TxAaron View Post
    You will need at least a hundred grand to have a chance at being profitable.

non-sense.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 959

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Yeah, who wants that?

Any tips today?

i never bet on the horses. You can't win. "Take out is atrocious especially at woodbine i think its over 12.5% and it is considered to be on the lower end.

I get countless tips from trainers which i never bet.
    Last edited by biggie12; 04-12-16 at 12:43 PM.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    i have one horse that has been paying the bills for the other 2. But nothing to write home about. The hobby sort of pays for itself now which is nice and gives me something to look forward to on sat sun and Wednesdays, without any stress.

STR does provide alot of good info in his thread you guys should check it out.

JayVegas420 No i never told you the name of the horses because then you will see the stable and know who i am, which i don't want.
    Right on,sounds interesting. Id love to own a race team of some sort,Speedway Racing preferably,bit different to Horse Racing,but it would still be cool.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Getting great info. I probably will fork over $1500 initial and another $1500 for costs/maintenance. I will only own 25% of the horse.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

1500 initial payment? Exactly how much is this horse worth? Don't bother if you're not going to get something with a little bit of breeding behind it. Unless you really want to see your horse battle midweek in the middle of nowhere for loose change.

I don't know what American racing is like but the racing I'm familiar with no one turns up unless it's the weekend. I've known the syndicate way one 10% of a reasonably expensive horse (100K) which basically only ran weekends so that was fun but never won anything good so got put off from that, got offered 5% of a much cheaper horse which a few mates took and I'd tag along to watch with them. It only made Saturday racing a few times but was fun for a day out. Neither got close to making money so if that's what you're after look elsewhere.

It's a buzz watching your horse come around the turn when there's some serious prize money on the line though.

matrix1022
    matrix1022's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12098

It's great to try to get into businessnot be afraid. Don't listen to some of these guys. Do what you feel . Some guys here are truthful , and have good advice . Some like bigger12 worried about who he is ? Come on short life bro . This is joe from pa , moved to Vegas . And pretty much at mgm grand sports book a lot . Hanging and betting and know many . So live your life and don't worry if you fail but at least try and you won't regret trying .

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9589

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Anyone ever tried this before? What are the pros/cons.
    M C Hammer serves a life lesson.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Quote Originally Posted by yahoonino View Post
    my uncle had a race horse ,it cost him a lot of money ,cause he never win,finally he had enough ,before the r ace he grab the horse by the neck and he told him,,IF YU DONT WIN TODAY TOMORROW 5 O CLOK AM YOU BEEN PLOW THE FIELD,, the horse seem to understand the situation he went to post he take off at the quarter pole he was last the jockey start to hit him many time at that point the horse stop turn is head around look at the jokey,and he told him , WHAT THE HELL YOU HIT ME FOR,, DONT YOU KNOW I GOT TO GET UP EARLY TOMORROW,,,
    This made me laugh!!

oldmanTED
    oldmanTED's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8573

The odds of being profitable from the purses will be very slim. But there are other ways you can make lots of money and thats from gambling on the trainers other horses. For example a first timer that he's "cheating" on or a horse he just claimed and figured something out that has improved the horse many lengths.
    Have dinner with the trainer become good friends with him, meet the clockers become good friends with them,
    if your dedicated and want to make real money it can be done.
    Did it for years and it's really not that hard if you surround yourself with winners.

First 12