MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I'm not, no.

Let me ask you a question, pal. And please don't take it the wrong way, you know it's coming from a place of love.

How does a junkie become a nurse? Is this really safe for the patients? Do you steal pain medication whenever you can?

Kraken, I have terrible heartburn tonight. What would you recommend?
    Get some apple cider vinegar (make sure it's with mother). Take about a tablespoon. Tastes like shit but works great to balance the pH in your stomach.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I noticed you skipped over my other questions. I suppose we can save those for another time when I'm a little less ballistic. The rage is strong, my friend.

Yeah, I've got those triggers. Chocolate, red sauce, stuff like that. I used to take Prilosec, but now I'm on Prevacid. Do you think there's a difference?
    Those meds work differently for each person and also have different actons. Some are proton pump inhibitors and some are hystamine blockers (I think type 2) that help reduce acid production.

Sounds like you need immediate relief and should go for an antacid, like tums.

Also for immediate relief honey works for some.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I'm not, no.

Let me ask you a question, pal. And please don't take it the wrong way, you know it's coming from a place of love.

How does a junkie become a nurse? Is this really safe for the patients? Do you steal pain medication whenever you can?

Kraken, I have terrible heartburn tonight. What would you recommend?
    I've never diverted meds away from a patient. Honestly, it's probably crossed my mind twice in over 10 years, but both times I felt dirty and now I have some aversion to it. I've had friends lose their nursing licenses for diverting meds. So I'm not sure if it's morals, ethics, or just scared as shit that the only way I have to support my family could be gone for a lousy pill, but for some reason that's just not my thing.

As for the first part, junkies become nurses just like non-junkies become nurses. The lectures are the same, the tests are the same, the NCLEX is the same, all the requirements are the same.

It's safe for the patients as long as the nurse is a good nurse, but this again goes for junkies and non-junkies. What isn't safe for the patient is when an impaired nurse is taking care of them, or when a non-impaired incompetent nurse is taking care of them.

Personally, I work in a visible role, meaning there are always doctors and other nurses around 100% of the time. This is just the nature of where I work. When nurses are clinically weak and we feel patients aren't safe, it's generally seen by everyone. There is almost always a consensus amongst the other nurses and doctors, and that particular nurse doesn't last. I've worked in this role coming up on 5 years, if there was a discrepancy for me personally, it would've been addressed by now.

Beyond this, I will only say that me being a junkie is simply for online entertainment
    Last edited by The Kraken; 01-26-16 at 10:31 PM.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    Get some apple cider vinegar (make sure it's with mother). Take about a tablespoon. Tastes like shit but works great to balance the pH in your stomach.

At first, I thought you were saying I had to bring my mom with me to the store. I was about to call her.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Those meds work differently for each person and also have different actons. Some are proton pump inhibitors and some are hystamine blockers (I think type 2) that help reduce acid production.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

It's actually not that bad now.

I just wanted to test Krakens nurse skills. I'm always hurling at him these medical questions, trying to catch him in a lie, proving he's really a stay-at-home House Husband. So far, no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I've never diverted meds away from a patient. Honestly, it's probably crossed my mind twice in over 10 years, but both times I felt dirty and now I have some aversion to it. I've had friends lose their nursing licenses for diverting meds. So I'm not sure if it's morals, ethics, or just scared as shit that the only way I have to support my family could be gone for a lousy pill, but for some that's just not my thing.

As for the first part, junkies become nurses just like non-junkies become nurses. The lectures are the same, the tests are the same, the NCLEX is the same, all the requirements are the same.

It's safe for the patients as long as the nurse is a good nurse, but this again goes for junkies and non-junkies. What isn't safe for the patient is when an impaired nurse is taking care of them, or when a non-impaired incompetent nurse is taking care of them.

Personally, I work in a visible role, meaning there are always doctors and other nurses around 100% of the time. This is just the nature of where I work. When nurses are clinically weak and we feel patients aren't safe, it's generally seen by everyone. There is almost always a consensus amongst the other nurses and doctors, and they don't make it. I've worked in this role coming up on 5 years, if there was a discrepancy for me personally, it would've been addressed by now.

Beyond this, I will simply say that me being a junkie is simply for online entertainment
    Thanks for the sound advice, pal!

If I could give you all my points, I would. But as you know I'm buried in debt, Downsouth was just in here keeping an eye on me. The guy is a hawk.

Kraken, how big is your wife's belly? How close are we getting?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13152

Bleach

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Are you a nurse, too?
    No. I am slum lord or man of leisure. Depends on day

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Bleach

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    No. I am slum lord or man of leisure. Depends on day
    Too bad, I was looking for a hot male nurse.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13152

Giant I'm glad you have a sense of humor

The Kraken

It's actually not that bad now.

I just wanted to test Krakens nurse skills. I'm always hurling at him these medical questions, trying to catch him in a lie, proving he's really a stay-at-home House Husband. So far, no dice.

Thanks for the sound advice, pal!

If I could give you all my points, I would. But as you know I'm buried in debt, Downsouth was just in here keeping an eye on me. The guy is a hawk.

Kraken, how big is your wife's belly? How close are we getting?
    About a month away

Giant what has you on edge tonight? What is it that can actually get you raging? I never thought I'd see the day

The Kraken

Too bad, I was looking for a hot male nurse.
    Cheap shot

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

Giant I'm glad you have a sense of humor
    No other way to be, pal.

About a month away

Giant what has you on edge tonight? What is it that can actually get you raging? I never thought I'd see the day
    Unreal.

Do you know the sex of the baby? Will you be making him/her their own username here??

I'm not on edge, I was just pretending. I wanted to see how the others lived. It was kind of exciting for a while, but I can't keep the energy up.

The Giant

Cheap shot
    I meant ANOTHER hot male nurse.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

I do not envy you with wife that pregnant. My wife was miserable to be around at that time. I shudder thinking about it now. Good luck

The Kraken

She is miserable

Therefore I am miserable

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

She is miserable

Therefore I am miserable
    Happy Wife Happy Life.

Pamper her Kraken, she's feeding your baby.

But don't massage certain acupuncture points, it can induce labor and she may not be ready.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

What do you have against stay at home husbands The Giant?!

First 12