raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15274

According to CEO Brian Armstrong, Coinbase is now running the new version of Bitcoin software, Bitcoin-XT, a move which has divided the Bitcoin community in the past few days. The company is merely experimenting with the software, it stresses; however, this has inspired much contentiousness on online Bitcoin forums, including being removed from Bitcoin.org.
    http://bitcoinist.net/coinbase-tests...d-bitcoin-org/

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    It's not a little pebble.
    you can't be serious

you just shaved 12% of BTC value in the matter of minutes because of that?

c'mon now

raiders72001

From the same article
    People are much divided on what implementation of Bitcoin to use, and there has been much debate, including a Scaling Bitcoin conference, dedicated to the updating (or not) of the Bitcoin protocol due to its current limitations of 1MB per block size.Many people believe Bitcoin should be some sort of global currency, and towards that end, the current implementation of Bitcoin does not process enough transactions per block — which take approximately ten minutes to create — to power a modern economy.
    Coinbase, one of the largest Bitcoin companies on the planet, has chosen to run the new Bitcoin core, which uses BIP101, as an experiment. Many companies have pledged support inside the Bitcoin space as proponents of the XT implementation.
    Founded in June 2012, Coinbase earned a May 2013 Series A of $5 million USD. In December 2013, the company received US $25 million investment led by venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures and Ribbit Capital. The company formed partnerships with Overstock, Dell, Expedia, Dish Network, Time Inc and Wikipedia before receiving $75 million investment including New York Stock Exchange.
    Coinbase is a major influence in the Bitcoin sphere and this move could have reverberations through the Fintech space.
    Upon making the announcement, Coinbase was removed from Bitcoin.org.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

alright let me ask you this question

5 days ago BTc jumped from $400 to about $450

what was the reason behind that?

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

I used to Bitcoin ATM at The D in Vegas last week.
    I'm a Bitcoin rookie and it was very easy to withdraw 4K

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    alright let me ask you this question

5 days ago BTc jumped from $400 to about $450

what was the reason behind that?
    The movements that I see are much different than yours

We have differing opinions. You think that movement is all manipulation or arbitrary. I think that some moves are manipulation while others are on bitcoin news and developments.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Is that so? Look at Jan 7th price action

I'm all popcorn here for your yet another article

raiders72001

Is that so? Look at Jan 7th price action

I'm all popcorn here for your yet another article
    You say 5 days ago and now you want to go back 8 days. You say matter of seconds when it's hours. You're all over the place.

Hindsight is 20/20. I could come up with a guess for every past movement. I wish that I knew about every future movement to day trade.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 01-15-16 at 10:08 PM.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

You say 5 days ago and now you want to go back 8 days. You say matter of seconds when it's hours. You're all over the place. We'll just have to disagree.
    I said approximately ...jeez dude
    What difference does it make...5 or 8 days? You still can't fkng explain the movement in price

I'm not trying to discourage you in any way...I'm showing you the FACTS

It's not me who's all over the place...it's the price of BTC that has been all over the place for the past ...umm...let's just say forever

raiders72001

I said approximately ...jeez dude
    What difference does it make...5 or 8 days? You still can't fkng explain the movement in price

I'm not trying to discourage you in any way...I'm showing you the FACTS

It's not me who's all over the place...it's the price of BTC that has been all over the place for the past ...umm...let's just say forever
    I'm more than willing to discuss bitcoin with anyone, whether we agree or disagree, but I'm not going to wallow in the mud and sling crap with you. GL with your plays.

raiders72001

January 7th
    China is playing a dangerous game with its currency, moves that could send the global economy into recession.

China's control-minded central bank allowed the biggest fall in theyuan in five months on Thursday, roiling global markets and sparking new fears about Asia's largest economy. Trading in the country's stock markets was suspended for the day after only 29 minutes.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

I'm more than willing to discuss bitcoin with anyone, whether we agree or disagree, but I'm not going to wallow in the mud and sling crap with you. GL with your plays.
    listen...you might like or dislike my style of posting...but I'm showing you hard facts

a week ago...this shit went up 10% for no reason...today this shit dropped 12% for no reason

good luck with this fairy tail story that you're trying to sell me here

raiders72001

listen...you might like or dislike my style of posting...but I'm showing you hard facts

a week ago...this shit went up 10% for no reason..
    It moved for a reason

China is playing a dangerous game with its currency, moves that could send the global economy into recession.

China's control-minded central bank allowed the biggest fall in theyuan in five months on Thursday, roiling global markets and sparking new fears about Asia's largest economy. Trading in the country's stock markets was suspended for the day after only 29 minutes.
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/07/chine...-currency.html

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

hey sheep...do you know how to read these charts? or do you want me to give you offline lesson?

Yuan has nothing to do with BTC...NO-THING

It was a typical pump and dump case...look at the fkng volume...look at the fkng transactions on the 7th and today...It was more than likely ONE buyer and seller...same guy fooled the market and you

raiders72001

Gold, Bitcoin Soar After China Liquidates Most Reserves On Record To Defend Currency

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 01/07/2016 08:16 -0500

while that "other" currency, bitcoin, has soared by 5% overnight, not on some idiotic narrative about a Russian pyramid schemer's website, but because of what we first warned in September (when bitcoin was at $225): the more the Yuan devalues, the faster Chinese depositors will seek to circumvent China's capital controls and convert their increasingly less valuable money into either other currencies (via bitcoin), or into gold.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...efend-currency

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

What did Tyler said today?

Let me guess...NOTHING

BTW: I love zerohedge...but you gotta use your brain too

raiders72001

Yuan has nothing to do with BTC...NO-THING
    again
    the more the Yuan devalues, the faster Chinese depositors will seek to circumvent China's capital controls and convert their increasingly less valuable money into either other currencies (via bitcoin), or into gold.

raiders72001

This is Bloomberg
    Which brings us to this week: as Bloomberg adds, "the fact that the central bank cut the fixing so much this week signaled that the authorities are worried that the economy is challenged by increasing downward pressures," said Nathan Chow, a Hong Kong-based economist at DBS Group Holdings Ltd. "Considering the weak fundamentals, the long-term trend for the yuan to weaken and for the capital to leave the nation hasn’t changed."Which means even more devaluation is in stock for China, which means even more reserve liquidation, which means even less dry powder to contain future outflows and out of control devaluation, all of which culminates into a great unknown, one which however does not have a happy ending.
    So how are traders reacting?
    Moments ago gold finally broke out above the $1,100 resistance level which so many sellside experts warned it would never be able to cross again...

... while that "other" currency, bitcoin, has soared by 5% overnight, not on some idiotic narrative about a Russian pyramid schemer's website, but because of what we first warned in September (when bitcoin was at $225): the more the Yuan devalues, the faster Chinese depositors will seek to circumvent China's capital controls and convert their increasingly less valuable money into either other currencies (via bitcoin), or into gold.

raiders72001

China Scrambles To Enforce Capital Controls (Which Is Great News For Bitcoin)

Officially,
    China has maintained quasi capital controls for years: on paper no individual is allowed to move more than $50,000 out of the country in any given year while Chinese companies can exchange yuan for foreign currencies only for approved purposes.

[/COLOR]
    Unofficially, China's capital controls had been skirted for years, leading to massive capital outflow from the nation over the past decade, leading to such aberrations as massive luxury housing bubbles in places such as Vancouver, London, New York and San Francisco, and seemingly middle-class Chinese politicians and oligarchs sporting Swiss bank accounts funded in the hundreds of millions (or billions).
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...omy-which-grea
    Last edited by raiders72001; 01-15-16 at 11:02 PM.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    I used to Bitcoin ATM at The D in Vegas last week.
    I'm a Bitcoin rookie and it was very easy to withdraw 4K
    Did you sell the bitcoins using the ATM? Or just withdraw the $ from your bitcoin wallet? This is where I am confused. When you sell your bitcoins, does it go to your bank?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

again...tell me what happened today?

I like your articles...what have changed in 8 days?

raiders72001

The reason, as explained above, is that "China—long a catch basin for the world’s money—is starting to see that money trickle out. A weaker currency generally prompts investors to look elsewhere to put their cash and would complicate the government’s efforts to generate spending and bolster economic growth."The WSJ correctly points that while it is impossible to accurately quantify just how much capital flows out of the mainland, one can venture a guess: "economists point to indications that money is leaving. China’s foreign-exchange reserves, which last year nearly reached $4 trillion, have shrunk by more than $341 billion since then."
    Others look the simplest, and most transparent indicator available - offshore real estate investments: "Property-services firm CBRE recently estimated that Chinese investment in overseas commercial properties, which is a proxy for outbound residential investment, totaled $6.5 billion in the first half of this year, putting it in position to surpass 2014’s total of $10.5 billion."
    For now, the administration is seeking to keep the calm at all costs: after all, what better way to spark a capital exodus than with very vocal, and very effective capital controls. Just look at Greece:
    more from the article.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

answer my question

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Did you sell the bitcoins using the ATM? Or just withdraw the $ from your bitcoin wallet? This is where I am confused. When you sell your bitcoins, does it go to your bank?
    Not asked of me but you can withdraw cash from the D in Vegas.

You will use your phone. The machine scans your Bitcoin QRC of your bitcoin wallet and gives you cash.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 01-15-16 at 11:23 PM.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

at 370 now

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Not asked of me but you can withdraw cash from the D in Vegas.

You will use your phone. The machine scans your Bitcoin QRC of your bitcoin wallet and gives you cash.
    Thanks

First 12